Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Hrithik vs. Abhishek : The better actor?

Poll

Who is a better actor in your opinion?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

Vote only on the basis of acting skills.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

A Very unpopular opinions perhaps, but I have always felt Abhishek is a better actor amongst all his contemporaries....He was doing very well also commercially- and then boom, don’t know what happened he is all of a sudden considered as a non-actor! 😕

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: cricketfan1

A Very unpopular opinions perhaps, but I have always felt Abhishek is a better actor amongst all his contemporaries....He was doing very well also commercially- and then boom, don’t know what happened he is all of a sudden considered as a non-actor! 😕

I also consider him a good actor. And it's an unpopular opinion again, but he was too good in Manmarziyan, his last movie. And I think he's a better actor than Hrithik, though Hrithik is also good⭐️

Having said that, Hrithik has that X-factor and spark, which Abhsihek lacks. Abhishek's screen presence is also not that great as compared to Hrithik's.

-PoisonIvy- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: cricketfan1

Not on IF. People love him here. 

Abhishek wasn’t bad but he wasn’t versatile. Nor did he excel in any particular genre.Did well in those brooding intense roles like Sarkar and was pretty decent as a sidekick in Bol Bachchan / HNY .The only times he stood out in his films was when everyone else around him sucked , MPKDH and KANK. Hrithik can be very hammy too but he’s managed to pull off a variety of roles . Some of them, majorly because of his looks. Dhoom, bang bang, ZNMG, War...He’s managed to do really well in these films. I recently watched manmarziya and AB was the weakest link in that film even though that role was right up his alley. Something about him just feels very dated.

OT - I liked Abhishek more when they debuted  together. But HR has worked hard on himself and it shows. Looks apart, I think he acted pretty well in War whatever little he was supposed to. AB just comes off as lazy.

Meredith thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Hell never have the charm his father had period. Thats why Ab JR is considered a non-actor. Period.

Originally posted by: -PoisonIvy-

Not on IF. People love him here. 

Abhishek wasn’t bad but he wasn’t versatile. Nor did he excel in any particular genre.Did well in those brooding intense roles like Sarkar and was pretty decent as a sidekick in Bol Bachchan / HNY .The only times he stood out in his films was when everyone else around him sucked , MPKDH and KANK. Hrithik can be very hammy too but he’s managed to pull off a variety of roles . Some of them, majorly because of his looks. Dhoom, bang bang, ZNMG, War...He’s managed to do really well in these films. I recently watched manmarziya and AB was the weakest link in that film even though that role was right up his alley. Something about him just feels very dated.

OT - I liked Abhishek more when they debuted  together. But HR has worked hard on himself and it shows. Looks apart, I think he acted pretty well in War whatever little he was supposed to. AB just comes off as lazy.

I clearly have missed it then! Because what I have seen is a lot of contempt for him for being someone born with a golden spoon and taking advantage of it....

I also liked Abhishek better than HR when they debuted together....but over the years, HR has clearly outplayed AB- there is no comparison even! The amount of negativity that AB had to put up with, he clearly lost to it- at least as of now!

Originally posted by: mintyblue

I also consider him a good actor. And it's an unpopular opinion again, but he was too good in Manmarziyan, his last movie. And I think he's a better actor than Hrithik, though Hrithik is also good⭐️

Having said that, Hrithik has that X-factor and spark, which Abhsihek lacks. Abhishek's screen presence is also not that great as compared to Hrithik's.

That is true!

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

forget hrithik he can act look at jodha akbar or guzaarish 

but tiger shroff is bigger hit than abhishek imagine

so hit does not depend on acting ability at all

by the way in 90s akshay khanna and bobby deol too acted well after initial few movies(learning curve was fast) but always flopped

so acting does not mean success and love of audience

abhishekh is not great actor but can act better than tiger shrof and many new heroes like varun etc 

But he has no X factor, looks is one, dancing is another, action ability is third, dialogue delivery was monotonous and poor guy always compared to the great AB whose a good actor whether comedy or action or tragedy 

Bobby deol had same issue hes always compared to sunny deol - his dialogue delivery and acting ability is superior (Like AB Sr) 

Akshaye too compared to vinod khanna - both looks, height, personality not there so flop but good actor 

May be if these three not belong to big family of great actors than they would be successful too

Hrithik father was not a success as hero so no comparison done as many not watched his movies at all. Further dad is director can produce many movies for son even if he flops two three movies( i think hrithik flopped 5-6 movies in a row) 

But abhishekh, bobby and akshay do not have directors as dad to make good movies to only highlight son strengths and hide weaknesses

Tiger is success suprising because jackie shroff was not a great actor but had great screen personality and unique dialogue delivery etc compared to dad, tiger has no great skills yet a success 

varun is another he has no father or brother to compare in profession so success 

Guidance is impt and films you choose rather than talent in bollywood - pr helps and networking too

abishekh, bobby, akshaye do not believe in networking rather chamchagiri(in normal language) - so do not get roles easily compared to varun etc 

whoever stays in good books of kjo, yashraj banners succeed more than other actors after 1995-98 onwards 

ajay, akshay, sunny deol, salman, amir only ones who hardly worked with yashraj till recently but succeded because 1990s not much yashraj, kjo domination independent directors or producers 

Edited by myviewprem - 4 years ago
ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Abhishek is a slightly better actor than Hrithik but I think he gets way too much sympathy on this forum which translates into overpraise of his acting ability.

Anyhow Hrithik is a complete package unlike Abhishek so I'm glad things worked the way they did.

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

The only movie I liked Abhishek in was Bluffmaster.

He was SO bad in Bol Bachchan, almost ruined that movie for me 😡