Bengali Shows

এ আঁধারে জেগে আছে... ধ্রুবতারা (Dhrubotara Drabble Series)

Shaon thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Hello friends smiley31 First of all,  I hope you are taking all precautions and barring all that, you are happy smiley27Secondly, I have too much time on my hands and I kind of wrote two drabbles on Dhrubatara?? smiley3 I too, am shocked.

These aren't really romantic, but I hope they will get there. There is definitely a nice undertone (I see it as a romantic undertone but it can be seen as friendly...)  Anyway, it's there smiley36

Set in a verse where DhrubaTara get married, get divorced and meet again (not that they have ever left each other... Arr... Like...You will see) smiley44You must be thinking, that this Shaon is so sadist, biyer promo elo ki elo na ar divorce obdhi pounche gelo! But this is how I see their story (this is actually one of my favourite tropes that I never see in fiction, so I finally took things in my own hands, hihi) and I really want them to choose each other. Not because of a condition, not because of anything else. Just two people, who choose each other, once and for all. ❤️❤️❤️

Time for giving credit where it is due. Firstly, to the creative team of Dhrubatara, who have produced a show I have come to love, a show that has inspired me to write. Hopefully, it will stay like this. Always! Secondly, to MishtiNew, my dear friend, who is always supporting me in my crazy schemes. Thirdly, to Ratna, who has been my pillar of support from the day I started working on this project. Thank you my friend, all my love ❤️

Index

I am my own shield  - pg1

We are all lonely in one way or another - pg1

Once a mother, always a mother - pg2

Two lies I tell you and one truth I cannot deny - pg2

The definition of 'soon' - pg2

It is you I look for amidst the chaos - pg2

The only thing missing is 'us' - pg3

Our slice of normal - pg3

Edited by SG2016 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shaon thumbnail

I am my own shield

"That Dhrubajyoti Lahiri....How dare he!"

"Agni-"

"Please Tara, don't - Wait, wait. Now I get it. You helped him. You helped him in his destruction!"

It was perhaps a result of spending the better part of a year with Mr Lahiri that helped in maintaining her composure. And it was perhaps the lessons her husband (ex-husband, that is) had drilled into her which kept her mouth shut. The old Tara, so desperate for Agni's approval, would have been so eager to prove her innocence - crying and begging and praying to Radhamadhav for Agni's trust. The old Tara would be running from pillar to post to prove that the accusations thrown at her were pure, unadulterated lies. 

This Tara? This Tara, with her degree from a reputed university, the experience of working for two of Kolkata's biggest textile companies and plans of establishing her own empire, couldn't care less of what misconceptions brewed in that seemingly empty head of Agni Choudhuri. He could live in his world of illusions. However, gone are the days when people would trample all over her. Back then, she used to hold the pain in her heart, screaming into the night to a father she had lost. She would cry and cry and cry, hoping that one day, her saviour will come, he would come and he would protect her. Her saviour would be her shield, guarding her from these baseless accusations. But now, Tara didn't need a saviour. She no longer needed a guardian. Never again. 

For she was her own shield. 

"You know, Agni, I didn't come here to -" 

"Exactly. Why did you come here? I know -"

The mad glint in his eyes was enough of a hint as to what he knew. It was only because of her utmost devotion and perhaps the last remnants of the love she held for him, that made it all too clear to Tara that once again, Agni was going to come up with a completely incorrect and hundred percent stupid explanation for Tara's presence at the Choudhuri home. As always, he didn't disappoint. 

"You came here to gloat!"

Now this level of stupidity surely deserved a clap from her. And because she was feeling indulgent, she added a few more. Immediately, all eyes were on Tara. They weren't expecting this reaction from the defenseless girl they had known. If anything, everyone was prepared to see her grovel in front of Agni - clutching her hands and crying buckets. But for her to clap at Agni's accusation… 

Pishimoni, as always, jumped into the conversation far too late, stepping forward and grabbing Agni's arm. "Agni. Think before you speak. Tara? Tara is here to gloat? Tara is happy to see us in this state?" 

"Then why else is she here, Pishimoni? Why -" 

"Agni, if I am not wrong, you called me, panicked, and you asked me to come here"

His eyes were comically round as he turned to her. "Oh! Right. Just like that. You are my slave, nah, so of course, you had to come here, just because I asked you to. Just tell us the truth, Tara"

"I came here because this is also my family" Did she just say that this too was her family? Like she had another family? Well, it wasn't a lie. She had a Didi, two… kids who loved her like anything and a  husband  ex-husband   friend. Anyway, she can think back on her relationship with Dhrubajyoti Lahiri at her leisure. Right now, the Choudhuris needed her. "I came here because my family is in trouble." And also because Mr Lahiri had promised her that his revenge was complete abandoned. And he wasn't one to make false promises. In the ten months of their marriage, he had been nothing but honest with her. No reason he would start now. 

"Family. Right.  Tara, everyone knows how much we mean to you. And everyone remembers you living the good life the first time we went bankrupt. Need I remind you that my family fed you, clothed you, kept a roof over your head and yet, you went running to him. Beimaan."

She had never known him to be this cruel. Even then, even on that fateful day, Agni hadn't been this cruel. Or perhaps she had accepted her part in the whole mess and thought that Agni's cruelty was justified. He hadn’t known. Now too, Agni is clueless.. He doesn’t know why she left them in their darkest days. He doesn’t know anything about her marriage, what led to her divorce, he doesn't know why Dhrubajyoti Lahiri had has stopped his attacks on the Choudhuris. Tara doesn’t know either, but that's a story for another day. What's important is that even in that painful phase, Agni had been…..Kinder.

Had time washed away at the love he had for her, just like it had been for Tara herself? 

"You are still with him, aren't you? This divorce is a sham. You are still together. He must have paid for your education, and...and he is backing your new business venture, right? Right?"

How predictable of him to believe that she was nothing on her own. Yes, she went abroad with her share of money from the company, seeing he hadn’t found it necessary to change her position in the company. And yes, she did go to him for advice whenever necessary, but the company was the physical manifestation of her dream. It was all Tara and for Agni's to think that she couldn't do it herself…

"And.."

At this point, it seemed as if Agni was speaking to the air, because the other family members were busy focusing on Tara and she had been lost in her own thoughts. Having come out of her memories, Tara tried to cut through Agni's barrage of accusations. Tried being the keyword. Agni was unstoppable. 

"How could you, Tara? How could you side with him? And even now, you are working with him, you are trying to destroy us! What did he offer you in exchange, money? Why did you betray us like that? Oh right, how can I forget - "

Was he really going to go there? Would Agni do that to his childhood friend, was he going to hurt the woman he claimed to love?

" - It is in your blood."

She should slap him. She had forgiven a lot, has always forgiven him for the vitriol he spewed , but not today, never again. Or she could leave, if she were to come up with a non-violent solution. But no. She didn't come here for him and she wouldn't leave for him.

"The papers."

The coldness of her tone doesn’t go unnoticed. Agni, always a little slow with perceiving a threat as a threat, and, as evident in his words of choice, he wasn't expecting retaliation. Thrown off from his chain of thoughts, Agni blinked at her, eyebrows drawn together in confusion. "What papers?"

"The tender notice, the offer you made. I need to see if there is some conspiracy or if you lost the order due to your incompetence." This would do for now. Agni wouldn't be able to digest this blow to his ego.

"No."

"Agni!" Boro Maa had been a silent spectator for far too long, but she chose this exact moment to step into the battleground. For it was a battle - Agni had crossed all limits. "No, Agni, let her look at the papers. If someone is trying to sabotage us -"

"Maa, someone is sabotaging us. And that someone is her husband."

"Ex-husband." Not that it mattered to her, Tara knew that even if someone tried to sabotage the Choudhuris, it wasn't Dhrubajyoti Lahiri. His hands were clean. And the only reason Agni was trying to instigate everyone against Dhrubajyoti Lahiri was that it was indeed, nobody's fault but Agni's that they lost the order. The only reason Tara was facing these accusations was because Agni wanted to manipulate her into helping him. He knew, she still cared for this side of her family. As much as she cared for that side.

"Current, ex, it doesn't matter" It seemed that Agni wouldn't listen to Boro Ma either. Not today. "You are on his side."

Yes. 

"I am on my side, Agni. I support the truth. And the truth is that you are lying."

She left him with that, and it was only when she reached the threshold did she turn. "A long while back, I crossed this little line on the floor, and I chose someone else -"

"Your husband" true to his nature, Agni was ready with an interruption. "We know."

" - today," Tara continued, as if Agni hadn't spoken a word. " - today, I choose myself." With a last, long look at the house, she left. And she left with a promise. 

She would always choose herself. Always. 

Juto tuto thik ache, tomato tao cholbe, kintu no kancha dim. 😆 Joking, all feedback is welcome :D 

Edited by SG2016 - 4 years ago
Shaon thumbnail

We are all lonely in one way or another

The rain had always been a friend. In her moments of joy, in her sorrow..and it was the sound of rain that provided a comforting sense of familiarity when she had been studying abroad. New place, new people, a completely different way of living. It was only the pitter-patter rain and the chirpy voice of Didi that kept her sane during the initial days. Even today, after a long, strenuous day, even after her altercation with Agni, she found solace in cold, damp air, in the smell of petrichor and in the wonderful melody of nature. Unbidden, the song worked its way out of her. "Rim jhim ghono ghono re...boroshe. Rim jhim ghono - " The shrill sound of her ringtone put an end to the song. With the time  it took for her to reach the phone, she had missed the call. And surprising, the caller hadn't dialed for a second time. 

This could only mean one thing. And there, on her phone, shone the name 'Mr Lahiri'.  Yes, they had parted on a positive note, and yes, he had said that Mr Lahiri was for strangers, but they had never reached a point where she could address him as something else. And, this way she got a few laughs when her classmates looked at her, wondering who exactly was this Mr, for one day, she would be asking for advice and discussing business strategy, and the next she would be fussing over him like one did with a child. To be honest, most of the time she would be speaking to the actual children , but there were times when she chided (yes, chided) her much older ex-husband. He could be such a kid if he wished, and even though Didi kept her eyes on him, there were some bad habits only known to Tara. Spending ten months in close proximity does that to two people. Even he knew so much about her, as evident in this phone call. He didn't call twice, knowing how much she hated it when people left a series of missed calls in a short span of time. Like Agni used to do. 

Now was not the time to dwell on the ways Agni used to irritate her when she had been married. It wasn’t the time to think of Agni, especially after their last interaction. It was time to ring back and start the conversation she missed in her love for rain. There was no reason for Mr Lahiri to call, he had already congratulated her earlier in the day. Word didn't miss Dhrubajyoti Lahiri, he was one of the firsts to know that she had secured the contract. And he had been the first to call, Agni being the second...why was he comparing them again? The purpose of the two calls were completely different, her relationship with the two of them was completely different…

Anyway,  Mr Lahiri had already finished the necessities, so why did he call her? Not that he needed a reason to call her. He ran a highly successful business, had two kids to entertain and at the end of the day, if he felt burnt out and wanted some casual conversation, he could turn to her. She did the same. Somehow, between the petty squabbles (they had a lot of those), serious complaints (they had a lot of those too) and dark, depressing moments  (they definitely had a lot of those), the two of them had reached a point where they were very comfortable sharing their thoughts with each other. Like a diary, but one that could speak back and offer advice.  And comfort. 

Tara would deny it even on her deathbed, but she looked forward to their chats. It had become a habit, from the days she had spent with him. She had never been a good writer, penning down her thought never lightened the burden, but sharing it with someone, and knowing that the other person understood  (even if nine times out of ten his response would be eighty percent snark), she needed that. She had come to depend on that. 

It was with that realisation that she dialed his number, for no matter what she told herself, Agni's words did affect her, even today.  And she needed someone who wouldn’t judge, who wouldn’t even address it, but he would understand it all the same. And what did it say about her, of them, that for her, that person was her former  enemy  ex-husband. 

Juto tuto thik ache, tomato tao cholbe, kintu no kancha dim. smiley36 Joking, all feedback is welcome :D

MishtiNew thumbnail

Res...😎

Will post my detailed review tomorrow morning...

Shaon thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: MishtiNew

Res...😎

Will post my detailed review tomorrow morning...

Mishti 🤗

I will be waiting for your comments. I know you love these two as much as I do. I hope you like these two drabbles. I had a lot of fun writing these, and I wouldn't have had the courage to post had it not been for you. Thank you Mishti ❤️

MishtiNew thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: SG2016

Mishti 🤗

I will be waiting for your comments. I know you love these two as much as I do. I hope you like these two drabbles. I had a lot of fun writing these, and I wouldn't have had the courage to post had it not been for you. Thank you Mishti ❤️

❤️

Good night, di...🤗

MishtiNew thumbnail

The drabbles are...

Loved them. The emotions are penned down so beautifully!!! 

💖💖💖💖💖

Tara's emotional turmoil!

I want more...😎

Shaon thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: MishtiNew

The drabbles are...

Loved them. The emotions are penned down so beautifully!!! 

💖💖💖💖💖

Tara's emotional turmoil!

I want more...😎

Where is the detailed review you promised? Nah, I'm joking. Thank you for taking the time to comment!! So glad you liked them! 🤗

Tara is my favourite, because she never hides how much she is giving up for the Choudhuris. And writing her POV is so much fun. 

I can't promise anything, but I do have plans on writing more. And hopefully the next update will have Dhruba in them. But first, I  need to think of names for the children 

And, before I forget. Any ideas as to who this 'Didi' might be? (And if her name is mentioned in the show?) 

MishtiNew thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: SG2016

Where is the detailed review you promised? Nah, I'm joking. Thank you for taking the time to comment!! So glad you liked them! 🤗

Tara is my favourite, because she never hides how much she is giving up for the Choudhuris. And writing her POV is so much fun. 

I can't promise anything, but I do have plans on writing more. And hopefully the next update will have Dhruba in them. But first, I  need to think of names for the children 

And, before I forget. Any ideas as to who this 'Didi' might be? (And if her name is mentioned in the show?) 

Didi is Druba's sister...😎

Shaon thumbnail

Smart Mishti 😎

I hope I haven't worked myself into a corner. Now that you know I write, you might start demanding for updates 😆 That said, if you have any specific ideas, situations for Dhruba Tara, you can PM me. I won't promise anything, but I might be inspired. You never know. 

Edited by Shaon - 3 years ago