A Chance At A New Beginning - One Shot on Nazar

Posted: 4 years ago

A Chance At A New Beginning

This is a story about Piya, Adi and their unresolved issues post their fight with Bhasmika. 

Edited by nushy1995 - 3 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

A Chance At A New Beginning

Adi was sitting on his bed silently. It had been less than two days amidst which he had to say goodbye to his mother twice. He felt sad and lonely. But more than that, he felt angry; angry at everyone and everything that surrounded him. Pari as usual was making plans on how to reunite their parents but for the first time he felt disinterested. Did it really matter? Piya was very clear when she said she had her reasons and walked out of the house. Then what could Pari possibly achieve with her stupid plans?

He walked out of their room and knocked at Ansh’s door, “May I come in papa?” “Yes beta! Since when do you need permission to enter into my room?” Ansh smiled at him but it didn’t melt Adi’s heart even a little bit. “Can you answer a question?” “Sure! What is it?” “You always told me that mumma had left us. But today she said you had thrown her out when she came to you. Is it true?” Ansh was stunned. After everything that had happened earlier that day, he wished his seven years old hadn’t asked him this particular question since he had no proper answer to that. “You haven’t answered my question papa. Did you throw mumma out or not?” "Yes! But there was a reason that. I can explain!" “I don’t want to hear that; not anymore.” Adi turned around and left the room.

Every fiber in his body urged Ansh to stop Adi and envelop him in the tightest hug; to tell him his side of the story. But he couldn’t. Because Adi was right! No amount of explanation could justify his actions.Since the moment Adi was born, anyone who met the boy had agreed that he was a splitting image of his father. Still, seeing how his son was distancing himself from him, Ansh felt the resemblance couldn’t have been more uncanny. If the clenched fist and tightened jaw weren’t enough, the way he was walking with absolute insouciance, it reminded Ansh of a particular moment. The moment when he had abandoned Piya. His Piya! The one whom he had proclaimed to love the most! Ansh couldn’t help but let out a sardonic laugh. Humans and their empty promises!

“Did you throw mumma out or not?” Ansh closed his eyes. Yes! He deserted Piya. When she came to inform him about her pregnancy, he thought she came to gloat about her powers and walked out on her. “Ansh!!!” He opened his eyes. He could still hear Piya screaming his name and begging him to listen to her once. He looked at the empty corridor. This must be how Piya had felt back then - lonely and unwanted.

The moment Adi returned to his room, Pari came out running, “Where were you? Stop behaving like a LJ (Lappujhanna) and wasting time. We need to make some plan to bring mumma and .....” “Just shut up Pari!!! Do whatever you want to do but leave me alone!!!” Adi shouted so loudly that Ansh could hear it from his room. He rushed to their room and found Adi to be fuming while Pari was visibly upset. “What’s the matter with you Adi? Is this the way to behave with your little sister?” “Stop advising me papa and spare some advice for your darling daughter too.” "Adi! Mind your language!" Ansh lost his cool. Vedashree was passing by. Upon hearing their loud voices, she came to the room and took Adi with her.

“What’s the matter beta? You never behave rudely with anyone. Then what happened today? Why were you misbehaving with your papa and Pari?” Adi didn’t replay and kept quiet. Vedashree heaved a sigh. As much as she wanted to justify Ansh’s actions, she knew his one wrong decision had destroyed his entire family. Piya moved on and had Pari but it was Adi who had suffered the most - grew up without a mother and had a lifeless father who hadn’t been himself. But it was enough! For once she needed to prioritize Adi over everyone else, no matter the consequences. She asked the driver to take out their car and took Adi with her.

Adi didn’t notice where they were going until the car stopped in front of Nishant’s building. “Why have we come here dadi?” “You need to talk to your mumma.” “But I don’t want to.” Adi protested and looked away to hide his tears. “I am not asking for your permission Adi. I am telling you what you need to do.” She got down from the car and signed Adi to get down.

Piya heard the doorbell and went to open the door. She was surprised seeing Adi with Vedashree. “Piya! I know we have had our differences and we’ll need much time to resolve all the issues. But your son needs you.” Before Piya could open her mouth, Vedashree left the place leaving Adi with her. Piya looked at Adi. The dried up tears on his cheeks were visible. It broke her heart to watch her son in that condition. She held his hand and bought him to her room.

Adi was blankly staring at the walls. At one corner, there was a big photo frame containing Piya and Pari's photograph but there was no picture of him. He felt abandoned all over again. Piya sat beside him and gently stroked his back. Suddenly the wind chime on her balcony rang and for a second Adi’s face lit up. Piya looked away to wipe off her tears and started talking, “You have always loved that sound, even before you were born.” Adi looked at her with confusion. “Whenever I used to ring a bell in the temple, I could hear your laughter and during the most difficult phase of my life, you were the only one who was there with me. In a sense, we had our own little world.” Piya smiled recalling the time when she was pregnant with Adi. “When you were a kid, we used to play all day and you were really naughty!” She was about to narrate another incident when Adi stopped her midway, “Why did you leave me then? Didn’t you care about me?” Piya felt exhausted. Deep down, she was prepared for that question but it would have been much easier if Adi hadn’t been so young. How could she explain her agony to him? She didn’t want to tarnish Ansh’s image in front of Adi. Neither did she want to give him any false hope. She cursed herself for making her son go through the same pain she had endured all her childhood - the pain of abandonment. 

“I didn’t want to leave you Adi! I just wanted to protect you from myself.” “Why? What happened to you?” “Just like today we had a fight with Bhasmika, when you were little, a horrible battle took place. We defeated the Kalishaktis but I lost my mother during that battle.” “Nani died in that battle!!!” Adi was shell-shocked. “Yes!” Piya looked away to control herself. “It was a devastating war and your papa and I had decided to sacrifice our powers so that we could keep you away from all these and give you a normal childhood.” She paused for a second. “Despite performing the ritual, I wielded some powers. But it was different. It was nothing like I had felt before and I had no control over it. One night, I had this terrible nightmare and lost control over my powers. As a result, there was an explosion. If Ansh hadn't come at that moment, you would have gotten severely injured.” Piya was trembling recalling the incident. “That’s why I felt you would be better off without me and left you with your papa until we found some solution.”

“Did you get better?” “Eventually, yes!” “Then why didn’t you come back?” “I wanted to but .....” Piya stopped midway because she didn’t know how to tell Adi about what had happened between her and Ansh. “Pari was born and you got busy with her.” Piya was shocked to hear Adi’s words. “You had a new baby and decided that you didn’t want me anymore.” “How could you even think that Adi?” Piya’s voice chocked. “I am telling you what I have seen in "The Ugly Duckling"One duck was different from the rest of its family. Hence nobody wanted him. I suppose Pari was better than me, she had magical powers. So you just left me alone with papa.” “That’s not true!!!” Piya broke down completely and hugged him tightly.

“Then why didn’t you come back for me?” Adi finally let his guard down and started confessing what was bothering him. “When I told you that Monster Auntie had kidnapped Pari, you barged into our house. For Pari, you fought with papa as well. But when everything got over, you just left! You recognized me in that temple that day, didn’t you? That’s why you were approaching towards me in the camp. But why did you stop? Even if papa had forbidden you, why couldn’t you argue with him for me like you did for Pari?” Adi continued sobbing. “You promised me that you would never leave me again. But you left me anyway. Papa just chose not to talk about you. He didn’t answer any of my question and moved all of your pictures from our house. He kept telling me that you had left us and now you are telling me that you wanted to come back but couldn’t. Whom should I believe then, tell me!” After that sentence, what could she possibly tell Adi? She just continued comforting her little boy and gave him some time.

After a while, when she felt Adi had calmed down a bit, she started talking, “I wish you were a bit more matured so that I could explain my reasons to you. But I can try. I know you are feeling angry and betrayed that your father and I have never given any explanation to you. But I had my reasons.” Piya paused for a moment. “When my powers went out of control, I expected your papa would support me. But he didn’t. Like today you are feeling that everything you have known all along has been a lie, that moment I felt the same. Because I love your papa way too much.” Adi quickly looked at Piya and she realized what she had just said. “I loved your papa too much and he gave me everything I could have asked for - love, family, you! Which is why I felt even if the entire world had abandoned me, your papa would have never left me. But I was wrong.” Her voice sank to a whisper as she narrated how Ansh had broken her heart.

“When my powers got out of control and I almost hurt you, I was petrified with fear. But instead of assuring me that everything was gonna be fine, Ansh held me responsible for your accident. He felt I had become a threat to you and the other family members. For a moment there I felt he was right in his stand - that I should stay away from you for your own safety. But after Pari had been born, all I could think about was his changed behavior and feared that he would never accept Pari. We had already separated. Besides, no matter how angry I was with everyone, I knew that you would be loved and well taken care of. I didn’t want you to witness our ugly fight and suffer in any way. I thought, slowly you would forget me and that’s what would be best for you."

Piya tried hard to maintain her composure and continued, "I got separated from my patents when I was very young. Your nani and nanu papa had a fight and maa walked out of the house holding my hand. I kept looking at baba and was praying for a miracle. I thought he would stop us and everything would get sorted out. But he didn't. And then maa got kidnapped one day. Before leaving me, she said she would come back for me and I kept waiting for her. But she never came back." Piya broke down completely. "She might have died in the Pralay-Yudh but I had lost her way before that. Just after we had reunited, Mohana played her tricks and killed her. My aunt had resurrected her later but then she died in the war while fighting for the good side. Every time I had lost her, she took a part of my soul with her." Adi felt devastated hearing Piya's story. He wanted to hold her hand or say something to soothe her but didn't know how.

"It's ironic that I have felt abandoned for most of my life but at the end of the day, I left you alone. At least I had some hope that one day my mother would come back for me but I didn't want to give you any false hope because...." "Because?" "Because if I took one step towards you, then I held myself back thinking about your papa and the pain he had caused me. And it wasn't just about the misunderstanding or his lack of trust in me. By the time Pari was born, you grew up a little and you would have definitely understood that something was wrong. All I could think about was how I had been ripped apart from my mother over and over again and how she had left a void in my heart. I wasn't sure how Ansh would react to any of this. I didn't want you to get attached to me only to be separated later. It was my way of protecting you. I thought you would be better off without me. But I was wrong.”

Piya tried to control herself but failed miserably. The pain she had been carrying for so long had found their way through her tears. "To be completely honest, I think more than you, I was trying to protect myself. When I left your papa's house, you tried to stop me in your own innocent way and nothing could ever come closer to the pain that I had felt when l left you. But the thought that I might have to go through that same pain over and over again was even more frightening. I was devastated with my repeated separation from maa. But if I had to do the same with you, I wouldn't be able to survive that, it would end me. I tried to mask my fear saying I was doing it for you. But deep down, I had always known that I did it to protect myself. A mother's fear of losing her child won over her love. Love that should have urged me to fight for you became the reason for me to leave."

Piya tried to wipe off her tears. As parents we are supposed to take the right decision for our kids. But parents are human too Adi. Sometimes even we can commit mistake and it’s the biggest regret of my life that I had left you behind.” She paused, realizing Adi was astonished by her confession. “There hasn’t been a single moment when I haven’t remembered you. There has never been any comparison between you and Pari. I love both of you, equally. It's just that she was with me and I could shower my love on her. But when it came to you, all I could do was pray to Devi Maa that somehow you received that love from your papa or someone else in the family."

Piya cupped Adi’s face and wiped off his tears. “I don’t blame you for not trusting me. You have every right to stay mad at me because I have failed you. It doesn’t matter what my situation or intention was. I left you alone and as you have pointed out, I have repeated it again. But there’s one thing I need you to know.” “What’s that?” “I love you Adi! It wasn’t your fault that I had abandoned you. It was my own weakness. You are the greatest gift of my life and I would be damned if I didn’t take enough measures to let you know that. We have missed so much Adi. But if you give me another chance, I’ll try my best to make it up to you. Will you give me another chance?” “What about papa or Pari?” “It doesn’t matter Adi. Your papa and my relation has nothing to do with you. You are my son, my truest love and no one or nothing can change that. I know you are confused about whom to believe and I give you full liberty to choose for yourself. But the only thing that matters to me is that you realize my love for you isn’t a lie. Even if you stop acknowledging me as your mother, you’ll always be my son and I’ll always love you.” 

She kissed Adi on his forehead and was about to leave when Adi stopped her by holding her hand and hugged her tightly. He could say nothing but his tears said it all. No matter how messed up the situation was,he was happy that finally he got back his mother. He had all the assurance he needed. He wasn’t abandoned! His mother loved him!

Piya on the other hand felt content. Nothing mattered to her anymore. She finally got her Adi back! The guilt that had been eating her alive all those years finally subsided. This was a new beginning for them. A chance to right her wrong, a chance to try and start over from scratch, a chance to their new beginning. 

******* The End *******

DISCLAIMER: A COUPLE OF DIALOGUES WERE TAKEN FROM GREY'S ANATOMY.

Edited by nushy1995 - 3 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Nushy, it's ammmaaazinnnggg!!! 👏 👏

It was such an apt description of Adi's feelings as well as Pia's.

The way you portrayed Adi's emotions on feeling like the ugly duckling, Pia's emotions on hearing Adi's words and finally, Pia laying her heart bare in front of him... It was mind blowing!!

Not to forget Ved, who took the correct decision and took Adi to meet Pia.

Another mention to the beginning where Adi lashed out at both Pari and Ansh...

Last but not the least, a special mention to the sound of the windchime and Pia telling Adi how he used to laugh at the sound of the bells... 

Loved reading it... ❤️❤️❤️

And yes, I love you for writing this... Thanks for writing it.

PS. I am going to pester you more from now onwards... 

Thanks dear!🤗

How could I not include Ansh-Pari and Adi blasting them? 😈 You know about my special Wala love for Pari. 😉

TBH, I genuinely liked Ved in that track. I mean let's be honest, every parent would think of his child's happiness. Now, a wise parent wouldn't try to get her son married no matter what but for typical Ved-like parent, that's the only way.

Besides, it's not that she had disregarded Piya like a used paper. She actually tried to patch them up, pointed out her sacrifices to Ansh, even said it out loud that PiyAnsh had done wrong to Adi.

I actually felt Nishant to be inadequate in handling that situation. You need to know when to support and when to put some sense into your kid. Post leap, Nishant took wrong desision in most of the cases.

So I felt Ved to be the perfect person to play the bridge here.

Thanks! 😊 Actually I was watching the episode last night and I too love references while reading or watching. So I try to keep some reference with the original show.

I love you too Behna!!! 🤗 ❤️

You can but don't know if I'll be able to write or not. 😆 Totally depends on mood. Let's just say, last week's Grey's Anatomy lifted my mood aur creativity ka bomb faat pada. Ek saath do story likh li. Yeh Wala aur humara collaboration. So let's see. 😉

Edited by nushy1995 - 4 years ago

I have updated Piya and Adi's conversation at the later part and included Divya. You might wanna check that. 😉

Originally posted by nushy1995

I have updated Piya and Adi's conversation at the later part and included Divya. You might wanna check that. 😉

I just read that... It made me emotional.

I could feel Pia's emotions, how she felt abandoned, how she lost her mother each time they were united and how her heart was ripped apart when Divya died... 😭

I had tears in my eyes after reading that portion... 

[QUOTE=nushy1995]

Thanks dear!🤗

🤗

How could I not include Ansh-Pari and Adi blasting them? 😈 You know about my special Wala love for Pari. 😉

Of course... I know your special wala love for Pari very well. 😈 😉

Even I feel this special wala love for her... 

TBH, I genuinely liked Ved in that track. I mean let's be honest, every parent would think of his child's happiness. Now, a wise parent wouldn't try to get her son married no matter what but for typical Ved-like parent, that's the only way.

I agree... Even I liked Ved in that track.

And yes, a wise parent wouldn't try to get her son married. But, for Ved, that's the only way... 

Besides, it's not that she had disregarded Piya like a used paper. She actually tried to patch them up, pointed out her sacrifices to Ansh, even said it out loud that PiyAnsh had done wrong to Adi.

Agreed... She didn't disregard Pia like a used paper. She tried to patch them up, pointed her sacrifices to Ansh and said that Piansh did wrong with Adi. So, yes she actually displayed some sense in this track.

I actually felt Nishant to be inadequate in handling that situation. You need to know when to support and when to put some sense into your kid. Post leap, Nishant took wrong desision in most of the cases.

I second this... Nishant took the wrong decision in most of the cases post leap.

So I felt Ved to be the perfect person to play the bridge here.

Yes, she was the perfect person to play the bridge here...

I love you too Behna!!! 🤗 ❤️

🤗 ❤️

You can but don't know if I'll be able to write or not. 😆 Totally depends on mood. Let's just say, last week's Grey's Anatomy lifted my mood aur creativity ka bomb faat pada. Ek saath do story likh li. Yeh Wala aur humara collaboration. So let's see. 😉

Creativity ka bomb to kabhi na kabhi phat hi jata hai... 😆

Originally posted by Nikki_srk

I just read that... It made me emotional.

I could feel Pia's emotions, how she felt abandoned, how she lost her mother each time they were united and how her heart was ripped apart when Divya died... 😭

I had tears in my eyes after reading that portion... 

Thanks dear! 🤗

And yes, even I felt emotional while writing it. 🥺 😭

This was one of the unanswered questions of the show that how could Piya leave Adi of all people? 😲

So I just had to give some explanation for her behavior. For one thing I'll always thank the makers that not only Nishant, but through Piya, they actually kept Divya alive. She had been her strength and pride.

So I just had to tie her strength with her weakness. 🥺

Don't kill me now, added one last para after Divya's mention to show Piya's vulnerable side. Do read it when you are free and give your feedback. 😊

Edited by nushy1995 - 4 years ago

Originally posted by nushy1995

Thanks dear! 🤗

And yes, even I felt emotional while writing it. 🥺 😭

This was one of the unanswered questions of the show that how could Piya leave Adi of all people? 😲

So I just had to give some explanation for her behavior. For one thing I'll always thank the makers that not only Nishant, but through Piya, they actually kept Divya alive. She had been her strength and pride.

So I just had to tie her strength with her weakness. 🥺

Don't kill me now, added one last para after Divya's mention to show Piya's vulnerable side. Do read it when you are free and give your feedback. 😊

🤗

Yes, it was one of the unanswered questions that why did Pia leave Adi...

Even I will thank the makers for keeping Divya alive through Pia... 

I won't kill you behna... 😆

Read that part... And as usual, you did a really fabulous job. 👏

Also, I updated chapter 3 (A)... I hope it is okay-ish...

Edited by Nikki_srk - 4 years ago

Am finally here, Nushy!

It's a really long chapter, with a roller coaster of emotions. Firstly, best for me was Adi blasting Pari, which was overdue. This time, it wasn't cos of my special love for her, but the fact that she thought to solve stuff without knowing stuff.

Vedashri taking Adi to Pia, was an awesome thing. Cos in the track, she was really sensible.

Coming To Pia-Adi convo, I loved it as it was a in depth convo. Execution was on point, like Adi actually questioning her, and Pia tried to explain all details, emotional turmoil, her bonding with Divya and pain she suffered, it was all great. but again, way Pia did admit in all this Adi did suffer, and she was wrong and of course, they are humans too. Last part was really great, where Pia and Adi decided to spend time with each other.

About a few questions, or pointers about track

It would have been good if Nishant and Ved showed some balance. Nishant just behaved as RV than a father.

Also about questions, I will be honest here Pia leaving Adi was as unacceptable or forced as Piansh separation. Like these things really made no sense, and all were equally affected and pained by it.

Like I do get, that was a creative call, they wanted a leap and Bhasmika track, but there are even other ways to actually do it. Honestly, I would have preferred Mohona sending Ansh to an AU and he is stuck there for years, or sending Pia too somewhere. Mohona, cos she was the one who just made a separation..