MC Thanda Grand Finale Part 2 - And the WINNER IS!!

Posted: 4 years ago

Final part of the finale is out now on Hotstar. Such a thanda and boring end to a pretty boring season of Masterchef. 😵

Episode starts from where they ended last night. Both Oindrilla and Abhinas have to make a three course meal for 18 people.

Abhinas makes:

1) A crispy prawn dish for starters

2) A mutton chops dish for main course

3) Chenna Poda and Kheer dish for dessert

Oindrilla makes:

1) Bengali chicken chaap puff for starters

2) Coconut risotto with rasam for main course

3) An indian twist to apple pie for dessert

This was a 47 min episode and I think more than 30 minutes were wasted on stupid gags with celebrities, one whose name I've never heard of. She started flirting with Abhinas and made him practice how to propose a girl IN THE MIDDLE OF THE TASK!! 😳 Then as usual, one whole segment with the actress flirting with Vikas and the writers bringing romantic angle between them. Then Adnan Sami comes, sings songs and goes, then that Choocha guy from Fukrey comes, makes some unfunny jokes and plays some kiddish games with the judges and goes.

And in between all of this, they would be served one course each. Finally results time.

Oindrilla wins starters round over Abhinas by 0.5 marks

Abhinas wins main course round over Oindrilla by 2 marks.

And FINALLY...

*DRUMROLL AND SPOILER*

Abhinas wins dessert round over Oindrilla and therefore the winner of Masterchef India Season 6 is ABHINAS NAYAK FROM ODISHA! 🥳👏

Yes, that's about it. Padhne mein itni boring lag rahi hai then think how freaking boring and thanda the actual episode was. I mean there wasn't even that energy in the kitchen when the winner was being announced. It looked as if they ran out of budget by the end and jaise taise they ended. I'm serious, even the audition round looked better than this shitty finale. They brought so many people from the food world- renowned chefs, food critics including Padmashri award winner CHEF IMTIAZ QURESHI, the master chef of ITC hotels and yet all they freaking bothered to show was celebs flirting with Vikas Khanna and class 2 wale jokes by that Choocha and some kiddish drink game with Adnan Sami.

Also didn't really get the judging of the judges today. Everything looked calculative. They kept praising both Abhinas and Oindrilla's dishes like they are out of the world and blah blah and kept giving just 8/8.5 to them. The reaction of the judges while tasting Oindrilla's dish wasn't even matching their scoring for Oindrilla. Same with Abhinas in the starter round. God knows happened to the judges too. Everyone looked overworked and dull. Imagine a finale so boring that even the contestants didn't bother to cheer much for the contestants or the winner after the announcement. And it's evident since they probably shot for such a long episode together at one stretch since this was earlier supposed to be telecast at one stretch.

Anyways hope next year Masterchef is better. Last MC  happened in 2016. They came back after 3 years. Hope they come back quickly with better contestants overall.

That's all for today. Over and out! 😃

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

it was an okay episode, tbh...the whole comedy of proposal gag, flirtation with vikas (has happened in the past also) melodrama, etc was practically useless lol, also the whole praising of dishes is typical of any MC show and is somewhat redundant anyways...but im okay with abhinas winning tbh

sreefan thumbnail

Thank you for your reviews. I guess I will skip both episodes. 

This season has been such a letdown. Anyway we got Ondrilla making a savoury dish finally and the result was as expected. 

i am guessing she gets the chance to train under some known chef or hotel?

Originally posted by: sreefan

Thank you for your reviews. I guess I will skip both episodes. 

This season has been such a letdown. Anyway we got Ondrilla making a savoury dish finally and the result was as expected. 

i am guessing she gets the chance to train under some known chef or hotel?

No, she only got 1 lakh from some atta company 😆 Last season the winner got a chance to train under Zorawar and this year all that Abinas got along with 25 lakhs is one whole year's supply of Baygon spray.🤣

Too many budget cuts this season. I guess this was the poorest season budget wise too. Pretty evident Star Plus pulled the plug early since it wasn't even getting trps

sreefan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Khai_R_Haagi

No, she only got 1 lakh from some atta company 😆 Last season the winner got a chance to train under Zorawar and this year all that Abinas got along with 25 lakhs is one whole year's supply of Baygon spray.🤣

Too many budget cuts this season. I guess this was the poorest season budget wise too. Pretty evident Star Plus pulled the plug early since it wasn't even getting trps

baygon spray?🤣for winner of cookery show🤔

well. will help keep cockroaches away🤣just how many bottles does a household use in  a year. 

might as well have given him stashes of maida and atta.

by  scheduling mci at same time as BB what were these people expecting but weak trps. add weak ideas and execution from contestants. sometimes i felt few were forcibly trying to add elements based on techniques taught in latest MC classes they had and it looked so out of place though its a trick to please judges

Isolophiliac00 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Actually.. I have never seen such a boring and badly executed finale.. the stupid celebrity acts for like 5 mins each, not even talking to the rest of the people..

What I found totally weird was both the contestants serving only 15 people each.. why couldn’t they have called less people and let them decide better of both the dishes.. it was so awkward to see poor people getting bored while the camera focused on something else..

I don’t know how they were calculating the 4 hours with time wasting and then other nonsense..

The other contestants looked utterly bored standing up there in the balcony...

I love master chef Canada, America and Australia and was always eagerly waiting for India version again.. they bring it all so boring and non innovative☹️  Also I’m a big fan of Ranveer.. the guy is so fun if you watch his channel on YouTube.. even the. I hated this season🙄🙄

MasoomaBukhari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

the episode was such big waste 🤢

but im very happy with the winner 🥳

at least someone who tried every type of dish and not only desserts 

and abhi beat the so called 'queen of desserts' in the last round 😛

all in all im very happy that Abhinas won over oindrila👏

Minionite thumbnail

I watched the 45 minute episode in 12 minutes. That's what a big waste it was. They overdid the stupid gags and acts. The only act worth watching was Adnan Sami singing. He literally sends chills down my spine with some of his more soulful numbers.

Abinas winning was the highlight - though we already knew he had won.

Pain-in-ur-Neck thumbnail

Originally posted by: MasoomaBukhari

the episode was such big waste 🤢

but im very happy with the winner 🥳

at least someone who tried every type of dish and not only desserts 

and abhi beat the so called 'queen of desserts' in the last round 😛

all in all im very happy that Abhinas won over oindrila👏

Bingo! Happy someone more versatile than the so called dessert Queen won ... 🥳

Abinas deserved it plus happy someone from Odisha won. He wanted to represent and present Odia cuisine and he did it with all his heart!

Now hoping he finds success with his passion and dedication! ⭐️

Edited by Pain-in-ur-Neck - 4 years ago
Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Pain-in-ur-Neck

Bingo! Happy someone more versatile than the so called dessert Queen won ... 🥳

Abinas deserved it plus happy someone from Odisha won. He wanted to represent and present Odia cuisine and he did it with all his heart!

Now hoping he finds success with his passion and dedication! ⭐️

yeah he was more up to beat throughout the season in comparison to oindrila