Lets Discuss Site Issues Here #3 🙏 - Page 87

Posted: 4 years ago

I cannot post in many threads. Can I know the reason?

Can not post in any threads in health & wellness.

U can't post in many thread because  thread is lock  . If u see lock sign in envelope side topic name that means thread is lock

Health and witness forum is closed  that is why u can't post  in any of thread of the forum

Edited by surabhi01 - 4 years ago

Originally posted by Savera84

If I am not wrong, it was always 90 days.

Doesn't matter how old the thread is, if there is no new comment posted on the thread for 90 days, the thread will be locked or if the thread reaches 150 pages, it will be locked automatically.  It is the Thread makers responsibility to make a new thread to continue discussions going.

Cheers......

I'm new here, so can't tell about the previous system. But about a month or two ago, it was 11/12 months (I meant after the last comment), I remember it clearly. It would have been good if it was 6 months at least.

Locked thread showing 11 month ago does not mean that thread lock after 11 month but it  means that  thread is  created 11 month ago  and last person commented on that thread   11 month ago and as time proceed time display since from when thread   created will also changed

All thread generally lock after 4 th month only  may be there some exceptiona thread l   they will not closed right after 4 month like global announcement topic 

Originally posted by ACagedBird

I'm new here, so can't tell about the previous system. But about a month or two ago, it was 11/12 months (I meant after the last comment), I remember it clearly. It would have been good if it was 6 months at least.

Before Site migration (which happened on 24th April 2019) Topics were auto locked if there was no new post on the given topic in the last 3 months.

After we migrated to the new system we had not started Auto Lock for old Topics as we wanted to give some time for users to get adjusted to the new site and we also fix bugs and issues as they were getting reported. And during this time we didn't want users topics to get locked. 

Now with things more stable we reinstated the feature. Although it has been set to 4months (120 days to be precise) instead of 3 months and we will eventually take it to 3 months.

I hope this answers your query.

Originally posted by Priyadh

I cannot post in many threads. Can I know the reason?

Can not post in any threads in health & wellness.

i think newbies can onloy make 5 or so posts per day

Originally posted by vijay

Before Site migration (which happened on 24th April 2019) Topics were auto locked if there was no new post on the given topic in the last 3 months.

After we migrated to the new system we had not started Auto Lock for old Topics as we wanted to give some time for users to get adjusted to the new site and we also fix bugs and issues as they were getting reported. And during this time we didn't want users topics to get locked. 

Now with things more stable we reinstated the feature. Although it has been set to 4months (120 days to be precise) instead of 3 months and we will eventually take it to 3 months.

3 months is too less...it should be 6 months

Originally posted by vijay

Thanks for clearing the doubt😊

But I wish it was 6 months!

Hi,

Unable to view my posts for self and other writers/users. 

The issue occurs when using Chrome/firefox and through mobile

Check page 108  109 to know  why can't able to view  all post of our and others and how to see old post before 2019