Fan Fictions

New Fan Fiction Section | Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)

Koeli thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Hello Members,

Welcome to the brand new fan fiction section of India-Forums. Hope you are enjoying it. We know that you are having lots of queries regarding the section and we are here to solve all your problems.

HELP CENTRE >> https://www.indiaforums.com/helpcenter/questions?cid=2

1) How to migrate our stories?

Steps to Migrate your FF in the new FF section

[Please use minimal text formatting as it won't be supported in the new site eventually.]

2) Can I migrate multiple threads under one book?

Yes, you will have that option in the edit.

3) Will all the likes be migrated?

Yes

4) Will the comments get migrated?

This feature is yet to be implemented.

5) Are we allowed to mention xyzFF (ArShi FF, ZaYa FF) in the title of my fiction?

No, since the new site will maintain parity amongst all FFs it will be discouraged. However, you will be able to tag the Jodi/actor/character/show for fans to easily locate the FFs of their choice. You are not allowed to mention post the entire title in capital letters as well.

6) Will there be a genre tab as well?

Yes.

7) Can I mark my story matured?

Yes. However graphical description / explicit content will not be allowed throughout the IF. This feature is yet to be implemented.

8) Why do I see a generic book cover in my story when I haven’t put any?

That's probably because Fan fiction Editor has put it. You have to keep the cover till you get a customised cover for your story. 

9) Where can I get my book covers done?

We have a very efficient team of graphic designers who are in charge of making book covers for you lovely stories. You can post your request in ( Fan-Fiction Book Cover Shop #19) and get your book cover done from the experts.

However, It is mandatory to credit the designer in your Author's note or summary.

9A) Can I get animated book covers?

No, since the new site will not support it.

10) Who are Fan Fiction Editors?

Fan Fiction Editors or FFEs are team members who are responsible for curating FFs. They are going to help out in migration. You are free to contact any of them if you are having any issues while migration and beyond. Not that they are not development team members.

Fan Fiction editors will have the rights to edit the title of any fiction that is not in line with the specification of the new sight. If they are editing anything they will pm the author personally about the problem and the solution.

They are also going to help new/budding authors with how to start writing fiction and what all needs to be kept in mind to make fiction very written.

Current FFE's are :

Viswasruti/Madhuri  |  MsChanadlerBong/Sam   |   moonglade /Ramya  |  Koeli_Appy/Appy

11) I want a beta writer for my story, whom shall I contact?

Currently, we are trying to migrate all your stories on the new site. Once that is done, we are doing to put up an announcement thread where you can request the Beta writers (Fan Fiction Editors) to help you with that.

12) Whom shall I contact if I have any issues with the editor who is dealing with my story?

Yow can contact Koeli_Appy.

Note: This is subject to change/modified once the site is live.

Edited by Koeli_Appy - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

2111_shweta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Thank you!

About book cover credits, is a tab being added for it or should be mentioned in the summary?

MsChanadlerBong thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

This content was originally posted by: 2111_shweta

Thank you!

About book cover credits, is a tab being added for it or should be mentioned in the summary?

You can add the name of the maker in the "Graphics by".... add username of the person.

Edited by Koeli - 3 years ago
2111_shweta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Just noticed the new mature content check box. It comes up when you go to edit individual chaps as well. If you select for individual chaps, does it apply to the entire story? How does that work?

(Mainly asking for OS's where a few are mature others aren't)

PagliTitli thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

How are the stories arranged in the new forum? Is it chronological based on the last comment, like how it is now? Not sure how it's arranged right now but it'd be nice if the title or blurb could also include the latest chapter/when the last update was like it currently shows so you don't have to sift thru to see if a story's been updated or not 

Koeli thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: PagliTitli

How are the stories arranged in the new forum? Is it chronological based on the last comment, like how it is now? Not sure how it's arranged right now but it'd be nice if the title or blurb could also include the latest chapter/when the last update was like it currently shows so you don't have to sift thru to see if a story's been updated or not 

Hey... did you check the new section already? If you haven't, just check it out https://www.indiaforums.com/fanfiction

The current arrangement is sorted from the newest to the oldest migration. You will be able to find stories based on hashtags as well. Which means it can be sorted according to the categories like romance, comedy, Jodis, shows etc.

When an author updates his/her story automatic notification will go to the readers who is following the author or the chapter. That way you will come to know when it is updated instead of visiting the story all the time.

melodyofflowers thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

after migrating my book cover is not visible

MsChanadlerBong thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

This content was originally posted by: CreativeByBirth

after migrating my book cover is not visible

Did you paste the image link on the designated space? 

Can you give us the link to your FF and link to your cover image? 

This content was originally posted by: MsChanadlerBong

yes i did. and in the process of migration i have done it twice

This content was originally posted by: MsChanadlerBong

https://www.indiaforums.com/fanfiction/65

this is the link