Poll Choice
Jodha Akbar
Padmavat
Bajirao mastani
Panipat
Tanhaji
Login To Vote
Posted: 4 years ago

I was so obsessed with it when it was about to release. I watched back to back shows in theatres (and mind you it was 4 hours long). My friends thought I was crazy lol

Not very realistic though(they didn't even show akbar's other wives or women in his harem)..but who cares?

Originally posted by ImmortalsOfM

Not very realistic though(they didn't even show akbar's other wives or women in his harem)..but who cares?

because it a movie which focuses on romantic side of Jodha/ Akbar not a Documentry 

Originally posted by Lulzbolly

Nah. It is overrated romantic shit with hardly any war scenes. Totally bakwas overrated garbage. All of SLB's so called epics are similar chutiyapa.

Frankly, Panipat is way more entertaining as the 2nd half is simply too good. The cat and mouse game, action and war is extremely well done.

Tanhaji is the best in terms of visuals and action.

The movie was never meant to showcase the wars or battles of Akbar, it was always meant to be the love story of Akbar and Jodha and also the fact that how their interfaith marriage was given the highest honor by him and he wanted to make her the Malika of Hindustan who'll always have a say in his diplomatic decisions and his leadership.

The movie depicts Akbar's whole life and how he changes his personality and his perspective after talking in love. 

Tanhaji was meant to be the battlefield it was and it was good too but I don't think so Tanhaji will have the same pop culture popularity which Jodha Akbar has. The music if Jodha Akbar being classy and mesmerizing helps to love the movie more.

Hrithik was his hottest best as Akbar. He plays these larger than life roles so brilliantly that at times it's difficult to choose his best character onscreen. Jodha Akbar will always be the best period movie, the love story had depth, such great intensity moulded with the wonderful chemistry between Hrithik and Wish. 

Also because the songs of the movie are just plane beautiful, each song has a different impact and all of them are just so beautiful to listen to.

I love Man Mohana so much, this song is a rare gem of Rahman and the whole scenario of the song just gives me feels ♥️.. Jalal literally interrupts his political meeting Midway and follows Jodha's humming which takes him to her temple and the moment he sees the beautiful face of his newly wedded wife, his face starts to glow and he couldn't believe his eyes that such a gorgeous woman was his Malika 😍😍😍.. Hrithik acted so good in this whole scene that I will take this one any day over any of bhansali's writing. This 3 minute scene was one of the best writing from a Bollywood movie.

PS: Hrithik and Aish should do another historical, something like magdheera minus the reincarnation crap, this would be such a blast for the fans. I can't believe bhansali never made another movie with Hrithik Aish given he knows how gorgeous these two would be in a historical. 

Couldn't agree more. The movie turned out to be so good and a lot of credit goes to JR and Aish. I don't think it would have turned the same way with some other actors in the lead.

Originally posted by -sakeena-

for me yes ..and Akbar is ❤️Image

Gosh, this is drool worthy.☺️

The best historical fiction, yes. No one can play a royal and a warrior like HR. And queen Ash..❤️