Query about - Indian romance and drama tv serials

Posted: 4 years ago

Hello, I am not too sure what I am doing..... but I hope someone can perhaps suggest or help....??

here it goes.... My wife and I are fans of Indian romance and drama tv serials. We have lived out of India for pretty much forever. But we have recently seen a one or two tv serials and we like them kind of.  We liked Rab Se Suaane Ishk and Ek Duuje Ke vaaste.  

Can someone suggest what other similar serials we can watch on Youtube ??  Our internet speed is fine I think....  it is 100mbps. and we have one of those interactive tv's which connects to the internet easily. There is not much on Netflix or Stan. And we are kind of tired of watching english american etc.. etc.. shows. 

I tried to set the vpn business... but I think I have stuffed up my computer.... not to worry but. It will be very kind if someone can assist ??  Because googling is not quite helping... but then again we are not social media savvy either.... !! 

Thank you kindly and very polite regards from Australia.... !! 

MehtaTV2019

Hi! 

According to the serials you have mentioned,  I would suggest Kuch rang pyar ke aise bhi( though it's over but all episodes are available on YouTube)  and Kahan hum Kahan tum(available on Hotstar)

I also loved beyadh and beyadh 2 though they are completely different from the serials you mentioned..they are thrillers.. You can give these a try.... Beyadh 1 available on youtube and beyadh 2 available on Sonyliv app

Hope you and your wife enjoy them.. 

Thank you very kindly Khushi 1410.. !! 

Your suggestions are very good and I will check them out. 

Thank you again and much obliged. All the best eh... !! 

By the way, perhaps a lot of people poh-poh the Indian serials. But I think a lot of them are made very well..... Do you know why..... ? 

Having lived in the west pretty much all my life, I have come to appreciate the serials. The western tv does not and cannot express;

emotion, hum-dhur-dhi, sacrifice, love, kindness perhaps, respect of elders, respect of tradition, and perhaps even friendship and kin-ship. Love between a husband and wife - despite all the troubles in the world...!! 

Now the good Indian tv serials do this extremely well.  And one feels good to see that and feel proud about it. 

From the way the Sahiba, Duljeetji, Sumo and  Sharvan - touch your heart, is absolutely amazing... !! I am afraid, none of the western shows have ever moved us like this.... and we know, because we have seen nothing but western shows.... 

Anyhow, thank you again. Bye for now. 

MehtaTV2019

Try kuch rang pyaar ke aise bhi. It's amazing 

Thank you Guneet80 and Khushi1410... for your kind suggestions. 

Now, just to let you know... and for anyone and everyone who may see this... (who does see this.... ??- told you not that savvy....!!). But we have to tell someone...

We just finished watching Mere ashiquie tumse he hi  - on youtube... 

And it was great...... !!! 

Once again.... I think Indian TV expresses so much more than what the western TV does....  

The Indian series..... good ones I suppose... they express such things as 

Humdhurdi, Waffadhari, Mesusi, Sharfath, Mohabath, sacrifice, Immandhari, Izzat, Ashiqui, Pyar, respect for elders, Ishq, Forbearance, 

power of prayer, Dosthi, and much much more.... 

Now, as I said before - I have lived in the west all my life.... and of course watch that TV.... but nowhere I have come across these great aspects of Life.... Except when I watched the Indian TV serials... 

My life is and always been busy with --- you know... growing up, career, getting married to a great girl - from Gujarat...., having great two great sons... who are doing very well, if I may politely say so...

Anyhow, my wife and are so touched by Ranveer and Ishanni... 

It brought back quite a few memories of our love for each other..... and how we can't live a moment without each other's company... 

I am so glad that - these serials are opening up my feelings and heart and mind that one needs to just love so much.and sacrifice yet enjoy doing it, forebear and help everyone.... .... and things will and can work out...

It is such a great feeling.... Makes life worth living we feel..... !! 

We know it is drama.... but nevertheless they are what is known as concepts of life... and if one can live with such things as mentioned above... I think the life would be very rewarding and a happy one..... !!  😊 ..... 

I better stop for now Guneet and Khushi.... chat next time around... !!

Thank you very kindly again.... and remember to enjoy great serials and life.... :) :).... 

Originally posted by mehtaTV2019

Thank you Guneet80 and Khushi1410... for your kind suggestions. 

Now, just to let you know... and for anyone and everyone who may see this... (who does see this.... ??- told you not that savvy....!!). But we have to tell someone...

We just finished watching Mere ashiquie tumse he hi  - on youtube... 

And it was great...... !!! 

Once again.... I think Indian TV expresses so much more than what the western TV does....  

The Indian series..... good ones I suppose... they express such things as 

Humdhurdi, Waffadhari, Mesusi, Sharfath, Mohabath, sacrifice, Immandhari, Izzat, Ashiqui, Pyar, respect for elders, Ishq, Forbearance, 

power of prayer, Dosthi, and much much more.... 

Now, as I said before - I have lived in the west all my life.... and of course watch that TV.... but nowhere I have come across these great aspects of Life.... Except when I watched the Indian TV serials... 

My life is and always been busy with --- you know... growing up, career, getting married to a great girl - from Gujarat...., having great two great sons... who are doing very well, if I may politely say so...

Anyhow, my wife and are so touched by Ranveer and Ishanni... 

It brought back quite a few memories of our love for each other..... and how we can't live a moment without each other's company... 

I am so glad that - these serials are opening up my feelings and heart and mind that one needs to just love so much.and sacrifice yet enjoy doing it, forebear and help everyone.... .... and things will and can work out...

It is such a great feeling.... Makes life worth living we feel..... !! 

We know it is drama.... but nevertheless they are what is known as concepts of life... and if one can live with such things as mentioned above... I think the life would be very rewarding and a happy one..... !!  😊 ..... 

I better stop for now Guneet and Khushi.... chat next time around... !!

Thank you very kindly again.... and remember to enjoy great serials and life.... :) :).... 

I so glad you liked the show. 

Well for me,  Indian shows still have a long way to go. Some of them are deeply misogynistic which I absolutely abhor. 

But some of them are gems. If you can, watch stories by rabindranath Tagore on the epic channel app. I ensure you it's absolutely different from all the crap they show on TV. But you need to get a subscription for epic channel app. 

Waise your Urdu is on point. πŸ‘πŸΌ

Yes I understand how life just winds down in responsibilities for some people. I'm glad you are taking out time for yourself again. 

I'm so glad to hear about your family. Yes, in the west people value individuality more than community feeling which in turn might make people lonely. 

I personally can't imagine living like that, feeling so alone. Par har jagah ka apna rang dhang hota hai. 

Hope to hear from you soon about the next series you watch!

Bye! 

Helllo Guneet80... Profile hoh tho esaa.... !! Very cool... !

I have read Tagore's books some years ago.... great philosopher, if I may say so.... 

You are right.... there is a little more emphasis on the "individual" in the west... different to our Indian tradition as it were. 

What my wife and I have been trying to do is give our sons the best of both worlds..... I know..... that is asking a bit too much... but we feel it is worth it... 

Because if they learn some of our Indian "values" we feel they can be very good human beings and that is good for any society we live in.....

So wish us luck... 

We finished Meri Aashiqui thumse hi... and now we are watching Kitni Mohabbath Hai... 

The Aashiqui was pretty good... we very much miss RV and Ishaani...!! 

If one can have so much forbearance; the world would be different place, would you think so... 

That is one we try and impress our sons with.. that one needs to have great deal of forbearance... apart from other attributes, of course.... 

Kitni.... M.. hai.. is settling down to be a good one ... so see how we go.. 

Thank you kindly for all your suggestions and chats...!! 

I hope I can keep in touch with you and Khushi.. and everyone else who may be interested in chatting with someone like me....  πŸ˜Š

Later eh.... !! πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜Š

Originally posted by mehtaTV2019

Helllo Guneet80... Profile hoh tho esaa.... !! Very cool... !

I have read Tagore's books some years ago.... great philosopher, if I may say so.... 

You are right.... there is a little more emphasis on the "individual" in the west... different to our Indian tradition as it were. 

What my wife and I have been trying to do is give our sons the best of both worlds..... I know..... that is asking a bit too much... but we feel it is worth it... 

Because if they learn some of our Indian "values" we feel they can be very good human beings and that is good for any society we live in.....

So wish us luck... 

We finished Meri Aashiqui thumse hi... and now we are watching Kitni Mohabbath Hai... 

The Aashiqui was pretty good... we very much miss RV and Ishaani...!! 

If one can have so much forbearance; the world would be different place, would you think so... 

That is one we try and impress our sons with.. that one needs to have great deal of forbearance... apart from other attributes, of course.... 

Kitni.... M.. hai.. is settling down to be a good one ... so see how we go.. 

Thank you kindly for all your suggestions and chats...!! 

I hope I can keep in touch with you and Khushi.. and everyone else who may be interested in chatting with someone like me....  πŸ˜Š

Later eh.... !! πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜Š

I love when Indian abroad are proud of their roots. 

You children don't have to be Indianized but it's extremely important to tell them about their glorious, illustrious background. Our rich history and culture should be known and celebrated. 

I wish you all the best with raising you children. I'm sure they will turn out to be wonderful. 

Though can't say more coz I'm barely 21 πŸ˜†

Kitni mohabbat hi is a classic. Very famous for the lead pair. But personally I can't stand ekta's shows. They are very misogynistic. 

But I hope you reconnect with our cultures again and in a stronger way. 

Hoping to hear From you soon! 

Posted: 3 years ago

Hello my good people... !! That is Guneet80 and Khushi1410, 

I haven't been reading IndiaForums lately... It has been a rather unusually busy.... then this Virus-19 has not helped over past few weeks. 

I wish and hope and pray that you guys are good and looking after everyone.... 

I am finding..... I am important, not to me so much.... but there are a few people who love me sooooo much..... that whether I like it or not, I have to live for them..... !!!  And guess what........??  They told me.... !!!! 

Perhaps they were too shy before....... not to express that before.... I was rather pleasantly surprised.... πŸ˜ƒ.... 

Anyhow, I am fine and healthy and looking after my two growing up boys and my life partner..... she is an angel.... !! 

News wise.... Things are rather different in Brisbane and Australia lately with you know..... 

I hope things turn out good and safe for everyone... I am quite confused and concerned.... But I am trying to stay sane and doing a lot of good reading.... and staying calm... I like Swami Vivekananda's teachings... 

Very inspirational philosophy..... I think everyone should read a book or two about SV.... one will be impressed. 

Our office is now 50-50 split.... one week in the office, one week working from home... Seems to be working well so far... 

Watching KMH Season 2... quite good..... a little different... but good. 

Take care again and my very best regards to you.... πŸ˜Š

MehtaTV2019

Edited by Alexia_Wilson - 3 years ago
Posted: 3 years ago

I love to watch serials so I always keep looking for new serials. Recently, I found the new serial Mastana Mahi on ZEE5. I watched the few episodes of the Mastana Mahi and I liked it a lot, & I think you will also like it. Mastana Mahi is an Urdu drama show directed by Roomi Insha, produced by Momina Duraid and stars Fahad Mustafa as Adal, Mehreen Raheel as Aaleen, and Arisha Razi as Suhaai. Aaleen, an ex-pat girl, marries a man who is of her father's age, but the marriage fails miserably. Her friend Adal, the son of a politician, is forced to marry Suhaai, a child bride. Soon, Adal and Aaleen fall in love and get married. However, he gradually accepts Suhaai as his wife, which complicates all their lives even more. This summer feel your emotions on the ZEE5 OTT player. #SummerOfEmotion