Posted: 4 years ago

A sweet, sunny slice-of-life film with an amazing screenplay, nuance, and storytelling depth. I loved the movie! Haven't enjoyed any movie so much in 2019. This one constantly kept me engaged, and easily brought tears to my eyes in the emotional moments, which were plenty.

Kangana is flawless in the movie and there isn't a single false note in her performance, which makes it one of her best. She's the soul of the film, ably supported by all other performers with equally winsome performances.

An ode to motherhood and ambitions, the film is defined by its strong screenplay and sparkling moments which are scattered throughout, steeped in a warm, wholesome goodness. This is one of those feel-good movies which strikes a chord and is extremely inspirational. Couldn't ask for better.

A must-watch, by all means. 

Kangana is over rated and pathetic. Deepika is a better actress it's only her beauty overshadows everything. So don't even compare. 

Deepika would have done Panga better because she looks simple and homely unlike Kangana who gives witchy vibes! 

Edited by Deepikafan13 - 4 years ago

Why bring Chapaak into this? Chapaak is the story of unimaginable violence and how it pushes victims to a place where they are left with very few options to live and make a living....While Panga is the story of hope,aspirations,second chances , peaches and sunshine....Where is the comparison really?

Originally posted by cricketfan1

Why bring Chapaak into this? Chapaak is the story of unimaginable violence and how it pushes victims to a place where they are left with very few options to live and make a living....While Panga is the story of hope,aspirations,second chances , peaches and sunshine....Where is the comparison really?

Exactly Chapaak had great performance but Deepika had those prosthetic all the time plus the movie is depressing. 

The movie failed Deepika didn't. I'm sure if Deepika had done Panga it would have been a huge blockbuster. This could have been her Piku. Panga is a lighter movie. 

Im pretty sure Panga is going to flop though 

Why does the public want a villain?Audience wants to feel  the punch.Mardaani 2 had that.Women directors have a gentler approach.When I watched Chhapaak,I knew that it won't work at the BO..seeing the trending of Panga..it is the same  result.

It is a feel good film..I think it will do well over the weekdays.

Originally posted by cricketfan1

I think I can compare 2 films on the strength of screenplay etc. without going into their differences.

- Flawlesss Direction - Tight Screenplay- Beautiful Story- all things Panga succeeds in, which Chapaak couldn't

Edited by mintyblue - 4 years ago

Originally posted by Deepikafan13

Kangana is over rated and pathetic. Deepika is a better actress it's only her beauty overshadows everything. So don't even compare. 

Deepika would have done Panga better because she looks simple and homely unlike Kangana who gives witchy vibes! 

I wouldn't say she's overrated I think she's a fine actress. It's just that her repulsive personality makes her unbearable off-screen.

I agree if Deepika had been in Panga, the movie would have fared better in terms of box-office.

Originally posted by mintyblue

A sweet, sunny slice-of-life film with an amazing screenplay, nuance, and storytelling depth. I loved the movie! Haven't enjoyed any movie so much in 2019. This one constantly kept me engaged, and easily brought tears to my eyes in the emotional moments, which were plenty.

Kangana is flawless in the movie and there isn't a single false note in her performance, which makes it one of her best. She's the soul of the film, ably supported by all other performers with equally winsome performances.

An ode to motherhood and ambitions, the film is defined by its strong screenplay and sparkling moments which are scattered throughout, steeped in a warm, wholesome goodness. This is one of those feel-good movies which strikes a chord and is extremely inspirational. Couldn't ask for better.

A must-watch, by all means. 

Thank you for the review, am so looking forward to it.

Kangana is expected to nail a character, but I also heard, all the others esp Richa have done an amazing job as well.

Originally posted by Deepikafan13

But cannot imagine Deepika as a kabbadi player..she doesn't give those vibes either..

Badminton or tennis player..maybe yes