Why are panic attacks made fun of in BB?

Posted: 4 years ago

Regardless of how childish Sana is, when she started hitting herself, she was clearly going through a lot. It looked like she was already having a panic attack.

People treated her as though is crazy. I mean seriously? Do these people even know what a panic attack feels like? Even when Arti suffered a panic attack, when Rashami tried to put some sense into Shukla, I noticed Shukla very nonchalantly saying, kya hota hai yeh panic attack. He low-key implied ki yeh sab drama hai.

This is no joking matter. People who have PTSD suffer a lot. Salman and the whole house mocked Sana and made her feel bad about it. I didn't know about Sana's past to be very honest, but please, this girl was clearly having panic attack.

When Arti had a panic attack, I didn't know about her sexual assault as a child, but even then, I could empathize with her. In the BB house or even in general, people just don't know how to empathize. 

Do you know that India ranks pretty high in  the depression charts?

It is because people just cannot care to empathize and instead people make fun of people suffering from issues.

Sana maybe be childish, but well grown adults also have panic attacks. It is nothing to be ashamed of. Salman is an absolute joke, the way he said if my sisters acted like this, they would have been beaten up. Is this the way to treat someone having a panic attack? 

This is why people don't talk about how they are suffering, because the kind of response they get is disgraceful. 

Only Arti seemed to sympathize with her and I must commend her for that. Its true what they say, unless you experience pain yourself, you don't understand what others go through. 

The way Zariwala and Paras spoke about her post Salman leaving was repulsive! Really? No adult acts this way? Everyone handles emotions differently, even books carry trigger warnings. People with traumatic pasts walk through life without disclosing what they have been through, but when they tell you that some words are triggers for them, it means that they can lead to panic attacks. 

These ignorant fools not just ridiculed this, instead they completely disregarded her credibility. 

And this Paras, aap na zara pehle apni Laila ko enterian karna bandh kee jiye. Atrocious behaviour!

Zariwala is absolute filth! 

So true, panic attacks can be understood only if u r on receiving end

Originally posted by TMKOC_MY

So true, panic attacks can be understood only if u r on receiving end

So true! How ignorant can people get? It's not that hard to put yourself in others' shoes!

A simple google search for triggers would help anyone who wants to educate themselves-trigger is a reminder of a past trauma. This reminder can cause a person to feel overwhelming sadness, anxiety, or panic. It may also cause someone to have flashbacks. A flashback is a vivid, often negative memory that may appear without warning.

The thing is these people just don't want to educate themselves! Getting a degree alone doesn't make one educated, it only makes you literate. Education teaches you how to live in a society and be a better human being. These idiots are not at all educated!

Self injury is more prevalent in adults...Sufferers may feel that self-injury is a way of temporarily relieving intense feelings, pressure, or anxiety....Few people hit themselves while mourning or when they are in grief...though its wrong...and saying nobody does that was an exaggeration...comparison was vague...as few adults are suicidal or try to harm themselves which is 100% wrong...but its not "non-existent" or something that alienates you...it can be overcome...people vent out their frustration different ways...hitting oneself does look bad and can be dangerous at time....instead of comparison that "nobody does that"...or "beware of this person"..."you slapped Shukla" again and again instead of that better counselling and questioning Shukla too alongwith Sana would have been better...They made her slapping Shukla on being poked by him appear villainous act and he was whitewashed for manhandling her so many times...she herself didn't create any issue..Shukla didn't create any issue...but script given to Salman had content that tried to make him appear victim...

https://www.webmd.com/anxiety-panic/guide/self-injuring-hurting#1

Once I got panic attack because of too much poking about my OCD and my colleague didn't even care to apologise for that. Rude world f*ck

Originally posted by CaptiveFreedom

Self injury is more prevalent in adults...Sufferers may feel that self-injury is a way of temporarily relieving intense feelings, pressure, or anxiety....Few people hit themselves while mourning or when they are in grief...though its wrong...and saying nobody does that was an exaggeration...comparison was vague...as few adults are suicidal or try to harm themselves which is 100% wrong...but its not "non-existent" or something that alienates you...it can be overcome...people vent out their frustration different ways...hitting oneself does look bad and can be dangerous at time....instead of comparison that "nobody does that"...or "beware of this person"..."you slapped Shukla" again and again instead of that better counselling and questioning Shukla too alongwith Sana would have been better...They made her slapping Shukla on being poked by him appear villainous act and he was whitewashed for manhandling her so many times...she herself didn't create any issue..Shukla didn't create any issue...but script given to Salman had content that tried to make him appear victim...

https://www.webmd.com/anxiety-panic/guide/self-injuring-hurting#1

This is exactly my point! There is a way to handle these things. Salman was way off. This just made her shut herself off, which is not doing her any good, instead there is more pent up emotion now. 

And of course, Shukla never did anything to harm others! This giant man! Uska woh matlab nahi tha! But koi aur kare toh unka wahi matlab tha.

*facepalm* 

Once I got panic attack because of too much poking about my OCD and my colleague didn't even care to apologise for that. Rude world f*ck

I feel you! People just don't care! It is so hard for me to keep my calm when people act so ignorant. I have had panic attacks at work too, I had to rush to the washroom because I was so flustered and scared that people would see me in a different light. It sucks! 

Originally posted by .FemmeFatale.

I feel you! People just don't care! It is so hard for me to keep my calm when people act so ignorant. I have had panic attacks at work too, I had to rush to the washroom because I was so flustered and scared that people would see me in a different light. It sucks! 

It's even more bad for guys as a guy need to be stronger and all other bullshit

Edited by TMKOC_MY - 4 years ago

It's even more bad for guys but a guy need to be stronger and bullshit

So true. Mard ko dard nahi hota and all that shit. I say eff that shit. People should be able to show their emotions without being judged for it. 

Originally posted by .FemmeFatale.

So true. Mard ko dard nahi hota and all that shit. I say eff that shit. People should be able to show their emotions without being judged for it. 

Atleast i have started doing that. Thanks this all can be understood by only the people who have had dark past. I wish strength for both u and me.