IMPORTANT: First Look of Upcoming Fan Fictions Section on IF

Posted: 4 years ago

Hi All,

We are super excited to share the first look of the upcoming India Forums Fan Fiction section. We hope that our Fan Fiction writers and readers will like this new layout.

Some of the features we want to incorporate in the new Fan Fiction segment are:

1. Members can easily follow an author so that they are notified as and when there is a new Fan Fiction / Chapter from them.
  2. You can even follow a particular Fan Fiction and get notified whenever there is a new update.
  3. Fan Fictions will also be featured in forums also so that one easily find them.
  4. We would provide easy tools to existing Authors to migrate their Fan Fiction to the new system.
  5. IF Creative team will help them in creating new posters for their Fan Fiction (if they need)
  6. The Fan Fictions will have DMCA protection so that any unauthorised copy will be served notice.
  7. We are also going to have a featured Authors section to highlight popular Fan Fiction writers.

We want to establish India Forums as a great platform for Indian Fan Fiction writers.

Note: In the design below we have used random covers / images and some of the texts are intentionally misspelt for ex: Fan Friction. It is our first draft and for Demo Purpose only.

Fan Fiction Landing Page:

Fan Fiction Category Page

Individual Fan Fiction Page:

Fan Fiction Chapter 1

Fan Fiction Chapter list provides easy way to move from one chapter to another.

Please let us know if we missed out something.

Regards,

Vijay

Updates:

08 February 2020

We have finished our first part of this project and asked a few members to test and try migrating a few fan fictions. While we work on the remaining part. Thanks Koeli_Appy for presenting the idea of having a separate Fan Fiction section. 

We have added the following features to our to do list:

- Subscriber Only (applicable to Chapter level so that you can make the first chapter available to all)

- Members only (same as above)

- Add the option of  Audience Rating so that its clear who the audience profile is.

- Option of Adding Genre

- Tagging the Fan Fiction like ArShi, NoSid so that its easier to find all similar fan fictions easily.

- Tag Actors / Shows (Optional) : So that we can show the same on there pages.

will be adding more soon.

Edited by vijay - 4 years ago

Wonderful✨😍 Vijay Sir, 

I really was waiting for this as it will be a great help for our fiction writers 🙂 

Thou can you clear about inserting video & pics I mean we can directly add or like inserting URLs as we do now 🙂

Loved the idea and design of new Fan Ficton section...

Eagerly waiting for the new design

What about pending fan-fictions in locked forums? Will we be able to migrate those as well? 

Originally posted by -Sarcy-

What about pending fan-fictions in locked forums? Will we be able to migrate those as well? 

Yes

Thank you sir for all the efforts you have taken to provide such a wonderful environment for our FF writers .

This is the first time IF has encouraged the FF writers .. feel so happy .... and excited too ..

The covers look like books and the lay out so beautifully done .... am pretty sure this section  will attract great eyeballs . .....this will be something unique to this website ..... for all other sites to copy/follow  .... 

IF leading the way like always ... 

Edited by Sutapasima - 4 years ago

It's a great initiative and the layout reminds me of the old Wattpad Dashboard! Anyhow these are a couple of things I liked from other platforms,

Kindly provide options for making the story Subscribers only & members only. I guess following the updates will work as a subscription but Members only will enable new members to join as well as protect the content.

Co-authoring story option might enable both the authors to the story/chapters/settings. (If they collab)

Night mode if possible.

I'll add if I could think of more options. These are mere suggestions.

Please do something like this for avatar and signatures forum. There should be similar incentives to encourage activity there too

Really liked the first look of the update. Reminded me of wattpad.

Happy to know that we can turn the old locked FanFics to this format, which hopefully means that they will no longer be locked?

The FanFics threads should remain open. There are a lot of new readers who read it way after the story was published. I feel they should get a chance to comment by not locking the thread.

Also, a lot of fanfics have multiple threads. How will that pan out in the new update? I am assuming from your example, Trust Your Heart #1, #2 and so on?

Looking forward for the update to be implemented, but a lot of questions in mind regarding adding banners (pics) to each chapter and how will that look, formatting (we need the different font styles back), and the existing comments on the threads, how will those look?