If Kalank was made with Deepika and Chapaak with Alia?

Posted: 4 years ago

I know a lot of people including me felt Deepika would have made Kalank a blockbuster because she is meant for grand SLB type movie. 

Do you guys think Kalank would have fared better if DP had done it and Alia had done Chapaak which is more simple girl type role which is more Alia's type of role? 

Edited by Deepikafan13 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Deepika should be doing Takht, Gangu Bai and Brahmastra. That would help these films be a hit.

I would say Alia should be doing Deepika's films, but does she have any? ๐Ÿ˜†

GumGum thumbnail

Originally posted by: McGorgeous

Deepika should be doing Takht, Gangu Bai and Brahmastra. That would help these films be a hit.

Hai ek Dharma ki. Aur woh bhi Aloo ke director ke hi saath like Chappak. Aur sab ko pata hai how Kjo finished careers of many who were direct, indirect, or future competition to the apples of his eyes. 

fivestars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Itโ€™s a myth that SLB movies are hit cos of deepika..but she is the weak point in padmavat and same goes for kalank as well if it was made with darling..she canโ€™t act which is proven so I donโ€™t think the verdict of kalank would have changed if it was dp....

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: zoinks

Hai ek Dharma ki. Aur woh bhi Aloo ke director ke hi saath like Chappak. Aur sab ko pata hai how Kjo finished careers of many who were direct, indirect, or future competition to the apples of his eyes. 

Oh right. If it is a flop, Deepika ki Galti. If it is a hit, Ananya is the new youth icon. ๐Ÿ˜†

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Kalank opened well. It failed because the story was really bad and people ended up not liking it. Deepika would have made no difference. It's also tiring to see her in period roles now.

I think her Dharma movie with Siddhant and Ananya will do well. People will be happy to see DP being sexy and glamorous after a long time. Like Cocktail.

Originally posted by: McGorgeous

I don't know if you are being sarcastic here or not but you are right big grand films like Takht and Gangubai need a superstar like Deepika because she has that aura which Alia doesn't no matter how much she tries. 

TheDarkRock thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Kalank would have bombed irrespective of the actor/actress. Chhapaak would have fared better with Alia. She is suited for such roles and does well.

Originally posted by: TheDarkRock

Kalank would have bombed irrespective of the actor/actress. Chhapaak would have fared better with Alia. She is suited for such roles and does well.

Why such bias. Deepika has proven her worth in big movies like Padmavaat and Bajirao. 

If Alia can make chapaak fare better then why not DP with Kalank? 

Edited by Deepikafan13 - 4 years ago
Glitter_In_Eye thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Deepikafan13

I know a lot of people including me felt Deepika would have made Kalank a blockbuster because she is meant for grand SLB type movie. 

Do you guys think Kalank would have fared better if DP had done it and Alia had done Chapaak which is more simple girl type role which is more Alia's type of role? 

Seriously? Are you a DP fan or are you doing this deliberately to get her bashed?๐Ÿคช

@bold I assure you Kalank failing had nothing to do with the actors on it, let alone Alia. It was a bad script, like really bad. The story was crappy, it might have worked if it was made in 70s or 80s. Aaj kal aisi bakwas kon dekhna pasand karta h? Besides, lavish sets lga lene se koi SLB nahi ban jayega.