Mere Dad Ki Dulhan

Ambar is toooo much

Bana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

I hv been trying patiently to understand & empathize w this Ambar character but lately he is stretching me. He is not the first or only man to lose his wife in the prime of their lives & be left to raise young kids. Theek hai, he is lonely. But this lvl of bitterness towards all of humanity is uncalled for. Some folks treated his wife badly. So he hates all kinds of people everywhere - his neighbours Shuklas (what did they do to him?), the lab asst, the physio, upadhyay, ghanshyam, kabir, basically everyone except Niya & Dr Pandey to a some extent. Its overdoing the khadoos characterisation - unjustified & unexplained.

how can he be soooo stupid as to dislike the lab asst or physio who is merely doing his job? He was like that even w the electrician. And w Shanti. I hv to say I think poorly of people who talk dismissively to folks in these “small jobs”. What is he, some grt achiever? It is not like he was some big shot achiever b4 his wife died.

And what abt his parents/siblings? His extended family? There must be some people who raised him & whom he respects.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Bana

I hv been trying patiently to understand & empathize w this Ambar character but lately he is stretching me. He is not the first or only man to lose his wife in the prime of their lives & be left to raise young kids. Theek hai, he is lonely. But this lvl of bitterness towards all of humanity is uncalled for. Some folks treated his wife badly. So he hates all kinds of people everywhere - his neighbours Shuklas (what did they do to him?), the lab asst, the physio, upadhyay, ghanshyam, kabir, basically everyone except Niya & Dr Pandey to a some extent. Its overdoing the khadoos characterisation - unjustified & unexplained.

how can he be soooo stupid as to dislike the lab asst or physio who is merely doing his job? He was like that even w the electrician. And w Shanti. I hv to say I think poorly of people who talk dismissively to folks in these “small jobs”. What is he, some grt achiever? It is not like he was some big shot achiever b4 his wife died.

And what abt his parents/siblings? His extended family? There must be some people who raised him & whom he respects.

He is khaddoos.. doesn't mean he hates everyone..it happens with old n lonely people..also his staff seems to respect him a lot and he takes care of them too

silvermoonlight thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

He is an angry old man as opposed to angry young man

There is a lot of pain he is holding in his heart which is coming out slowly 

He is also blunt and to the point and believes in saying what’s on his mind ...doesn’t mince his words 

I don’t like how he spoke to Guneet but I still like Amber overall and I think we will get to see more of his ‘softer’ side as he opens up to his ‘online friend’

kinu17 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Not a single time there is a chance to c his softer side except with nia ..always fussy,gussa,mad yelling etc. .men in his age not like him even though they r widow...I understand so many things in his mind but that doesn't mean he will yell or mad with every single person? Always he teases in a bad way to guneet seriously!! Still I dont like his stupid character let's c in future ..🤔

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

In real life, widows would have pain but won't be that critical in comparison to Ambar (again, every situation is different but, generally, you wouldn't wanna demean the opposite person to a certain point before the bubble burst). I would like to see a softer side of Ambar as well. He's raised Nia so is tolerant of her. Ever since Guneet's arrival, he has started to open up to the outside world whether being critical or helpful (he was helpful of Guneet when trying to catch the thief who stole her money).