Is Tara Sutaria a good choice to play Kamala Khan?

Posted: 4 years ago

She has already played wonder woman.

She is my Number 1 choice to play Kamala Khan. I find Miss Marvel very overrated but Tara would be the apt choice. Much better than the likes of Alia. Thats one talent I’d love to see in Hollywood.

Since she’s already auditioned and was the first runner up for Disney’s Aladdin, I wouldn’t be surprised if she auditions for this. 

Originally posted by Ashley.Tisdale

She is my Number 1 choice to play Kamala Khan. I find Miss Marvel very overrated but Tara would be the apt choice. Much better than the likes of Alia. Thats one talent I’d love to see in Hollywood.

Since she’s already auditioned and was the first runner up for Disney’s Aladdin, I wouldn’t be surprised if she auditions for this. 

Runner-up?? I heard she was the final choice for the Jasmine's role, but couldn't sign the film coz she had chosen to do SOTY2 over Aladdin.

Edited by ffkhan - 4 years ago

Originally posted by ffkhan

Runner-up?? I heard she was the final choice for the Jasmine's role, but couldn't sign the film coz she had chosen to do SOTY2 over Aladdin.

Really?? 

I doubt she would have done SOTY 2 over Aladdin. She was likely the runner up. 😆

Naomi is a better singer, so I can understand they would have gone for her. Tara would have looked magnitudes better than her though. 

Frack really?! I had read some comments online, some American or British paper i am nt sure...tht  Tara would’ve been a much better option. Her voice is much better too. And would’ve looked ethreal. Naomi doesn’t hold a candle to Tara imo. I think Tara didnt Get the part because Mena Mussoud and her didnt have the right chemistry or something of that sort... Imo they shouldve chosen a better Aladdin, I didn’t like him with Naomi either.

Here go the article links where it's written that Tara had chosen SOTY2 over Aladdin:

https://m.hindustantimes.com/bollywood/will-smith-s-aladdin-not-student-of-the-year-2-was-supposed-to-be-tara-sutaria-s-debut-watch-her-audition-for-jasmine-s-role/story-h2jgAr03qAyLkZIRKvzDiP_amp.html

https://www.indiatoday.in/amp/movies/celebrities/story/tara-sutaria-reveals-she-was-meant-to-play-princess-jasmine-in-will-smith-s-aladdin-1514241-2019-05-01

Personally I believe that Tara could be a better Jasmine coz her look and skin tone both are more suitable than Naomi to play the role. Naomi has done a decent job of course, but Tara could have nailed it. In my opinion Tara's English accent is much better than her Hindi accent.

Edited by ffkhan - 4 years ago

Why is it that people make fun of Govinda for his Avatar comment but Tara Sutaria get away with people believing that she chose SOTY over Alladin?..... All I have seen is a video audition of her... Which she shot at her home..Nothing from the production or look tests....

Here go the article links where it's written that Tara had chosen SOTY2 over Aladdin:

https://m.hindustantimes.com/bollywood/will-smith-s-aladdin-not-student-of-the-year-2-was-supposed-to-be-tara-sutaria-s-debut-watch-her-audition-for-jasmine-s-role/story-h2jgAr03qAyLkZIRKvzDiP_amp.html

https://www.indiatoday.in/amp/movies/celebrities/story/tara-sutaria-reveals-she-was-meant-to-play-princess-jasmine-in-will-smith-s-aladdin-1514241-2019-05-01

Personally I believe that Tara could be a better Jasmine coz her look and skin tone both are more suitable than Naomi to play the role. Naomi has done a decent job of course, but Tara could have nailed it. In my opinion Tara's English accent is much better than her Hindi accent.

That's an interesting choice of words by Tara to say the least. 😆

Can't be sure but it definitely seems she was in the top two picks for Jasmine. Probably she didn't want to admit she lost the role to Naomi and chose to spin it this way. Or maybe she actually rejected it for SOTY 2 which would be very surprising to me.

This is an article from 2017.

‘Aladdin’ Live-Action Movie Casting News: Naomi Scott And Tara Sutaria Still In The Running To Play Jasmine? Chris PizzelloAP Images Movies

Amidst controversy concerning Hollywood white-washing movies, Disney is taking its time to cast the lead roles in one of the most iconic animated Disney films of all time, Aladdin. That being said, Disney’s choice to play the role of Princess Jasmine has reportedly been whittled down to two: Power Ranger’s Naomi Scott and Indian actress Tara Sutaria.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Disney is seemingly struggling to find actors to be cast in the lead roles of the title character Aladdin and his love interest Princess Jasmine. After a worldwide casting call, Aladdin director Guy Ritchie, casting director Randi Hiller, and the studio have yet to find their street urchin. The studio has reportedly narrowed their choice to two actors for the role of Princess Jasmine, the aforementioned Naomi Scott and Tara Sutaria.

Read more: https://www.inquisitr.com/4361022/aladdin-live-action-movie-casting-news-naomi-scott-and-tara-sutaria-still-in-the-running-to-play-jasmine/#ixzz6A6JKWb1W

she chose SOTY 2..a joke of a movie with her role as good as trash..over Aladdin..what the f am I reading..