Is abortion unethical?

Posted: 4 years ago

The movie Good Newwz says so. It's unethical because we're taking a life. Abortion is equal to murder according to the film. But if we start thinking like that, what about teenage pregnancies⁦, complications, increasing world population into billions and so many children living in a horrible life without any proper food, safety and education? So what's the point of this life? And what about getting raped? Is it still unethical to abort if the father of your child is your rapist? There is already a lot of stigma attached to abortion. People still think it's wrong and unethical. Maybe it is, but it's still practical.  

It depends on situation.  In case of rape or medical conditions it is not.   But if you got pregnant just because of your carelessness then it surely is.

Its unethical if you think it is unethical and its not if you think its not..In short, the choice should be of the one who is pregnant! 

I think having children nowadays is unethical, so then abortion would be ethical!

I agree with cricketfan, it's individual choice.... Having said that i have seen lower middle class families in India, having 3-4 kids and mother pregnant with 5th, in this cases we need to put some sense in them as India is already exploding cause of high population.

Originally posted by Krantikari

I think having children nowadays is unethical, so then abortion would be ethical!

True. I am a anti natalist myself. 

These movies are too preachy and emotional.

Nothing wrong in abortion. It should be the decision of the parents.

Change title else thread will go to debate mansion

Say something like discussing good newwz 

Romania... orthodox countries, Prayagraj, Talibastan, aur North Korea mein. Haan.

Originally posted by Ranjali

True. I am a anti natalist myself. 

These movies are too preachy and emotional.

Nothing wrong in abortion. It should be the decision of the parents.

It’s always the decision of other people who gets to live and who gets to die. These people don’t seem to respect others while they live though. 

Originally posted by Looney86

And what about getting raped? Is it still unethical to abort if the father of your child is your rapist? 

I think there was a lotta furore over this not too long ago. Some countries prohibit abortion even in case of rape/incest.

I think exceptions should be made for rape victims. They are already traumatised due to the incident, why should they be forced to bring up a child they do not want. I know its not the child's fault but I it aint the mother's fault either. 

https://apnews.com/84a47d2e26d4419c8b616db5c5f0fa6d

https://www.amnestyusa.org/raped-pregnant-and-denied-a-life-saving-abortion-all-at-10-years-old/

Edited by togepe30 - 4 years ago