Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Sonam Kapoor has No Response after getting Slammed

Pain-in-ur-Neck thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Sonam Kapoor has No Response after getting Slammed by Instagram influencer page?

Sonam lands in controversy as she gets into a nasty fight with an influencer page on Instagram. She has always stood by the masses but recently she was called out for being a hypocrite...

December 24, 2019 2:52 AM

Shreejit ShelarView Profile

Courtesy : Bollywood Life

Bollywood actress Sonam Kapoor has always been vocal about her opinions and thoughts. The 34-year-old actress has always stood by the masses and the issues concerning them. However, Sonam got landed in controversy as she got into a nasty fight with an influencer page - Diet Prada on Instagram. 

The Zoya Factor actress was called out for her hypocrisy and her opinion on sociological issues that exist in the Indian society. The page shared a post calling out celebrities at the MDL Beasts Electronic Music Festival in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

The event aimed at promoting Saudi Arabia as a tourist destination through the region's biggest musical event. Diet Prada’s post called out the attendees promoting this event just for "cashing big fat cheques". 

A part of the post read, "What’s worse than an all-white @revolve influencer trip? Cashing big fat checks in exchange for #content creation (aka propaganda) to rehabilitate the image of Saudi Arabia, a country said to be causing “the world’s worst humanitarian crisis”, according to the United Nations. According to anonymous sources, six-figure sums were offered for attendance and geo-tagged posts." 

Sonam shared the post on her Instagram story and wrote: "Let's agree to disagree, let's appreciate that the whole world is a shithole right now and any positive step forward is something that I want to celebrate. I was treated with immense respect and love as a Hindu brown female actor."

Diet Prada replied to Sonam’s comment and said: "Typical tone-deaf response by celebrities who receive preferential treatment." Later, Sonam was tagged in several posts claiming that people were not treated well at the fest by the influencer page.

The page then shared multiple tweets that dated from November 2017, which were posted by none other than Sonam. The tweet read, "Homosexuality is not a 'tendency' it's something you are born as and is absolutely NORMAL. To tell someone you can change is irresponsible." Along with it, a comment was added that read, "@sonamkapoor, would be cool if you could explain the hypocrisy of you promoting Saudi Arabia where LGBTQ are subjected to capital punishment..."

"Or maybe donate the money you made to various LGBTQ advocacy groups," the comment further read. 

It seems Sonam out of words and she has not responded to the influencer page's latest post. There is a possibility that she might be waiting for an appropriate opportunity to slam the Instagram page. 

What are your views about the same? Comment your views below.

Stay tuned for more updates.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Its always hilarious when so called fake woke people get owned🤣hypocrites of highest order.

Personally if u care about money etc, then dont go on preaching others what to do or not.  I actually like people who dont fake it

Its always hilarious when woke celebs flight in private jets and talk about environment etc.

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I am glad Sonam got called out for it. I used to appreciate her for her vociferous support of the LGBT community, that too at a time when very few mainstream Indian actors were talking about it.

Celebrities should be shown the mirror sometimes. Well-intentioned as they may be, they also have ego, personal ambition, etc., and sometimes they get caught up in their own mess.

Sonam's logic - "They treated me well as a Hindu brown woman, so I accepted the invite" - is naïve at best. They are trying to tap into the huge Indian subcontinent by using you, and you are happily being used (actually you are also making money through this, so you're also using people who made you an influencer).

Would you go to a murderer's house because they treat you with respect? Is that all you care about? How blinkered and myopic can you be?

I hope this taught her a lesson and she would be more careful and considerate before accepting any offers in the future.

How much do they get paid for such gigs? Sonam has been doing a lot of paid promotion of late be it tourism or any other things. Few days ago also saw Rhea in a newspaper supplement promoting Phoenix Market City which is usually done by models. Guess the pay is very high for them to do all of this over film gigs.

(not judging though, I would do the same in their position 😆)

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

This content was originally posted by: Khai_R_Haagi

How much do they get paid for such gigs? Sonam has been doing a lot of paid promotion of late be it tourism or any other things. Few days ago also saw Rhea in a newspaper supplement promoting Phoenix Market City which is usually done by models. Guess the pay is very high for them to do all of this over film gigs.

I don't know much about Bollywood payments, but down South, they pay an enormous amount of money just for store openings. You literally need to dress up, go to the store and cut the ribbon and you earn 1 crore. I am only talking about A-list actresses of course. 

Tier II actresses also make 30-40 lakhs just like that. A movie would pay the same but for some 3-4 months of work.

Endorsements/events/gigs is how they earn money to keep their lifestyle going. Movies is just a way to remain in public memory, so that they can remain relevant.

FreeTheNipple thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

For once if celebs could accept they do stuff for money, they would not have to justify things everytime. But they can't leave any opportunity to project themselves as warriors of some cause and as artists out there to change the world for the better.

Sonam woke up too late to the fact world is a shithole right now and has still not realized that it was way worse earlier. That comment almost sounds like a typical r/India post.

SakuraKakashi thumbnail

Celebs should just do their job and should stop trying to project themselves as philanthropists. I don't have any opinion on their verbal diarrhea but it's for their own good to not  get involved in politics and social issues. Mooh band rakho, life stress free rakho aur Shraddha ki tarah vampire jise dikho.

Edited by 9SakthLaunda4 - 4 years ago
Billi_Bangalan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6

This content was originally posted by: Khai_R_Haagi

your logic doesn't fit for Ronam. with payment of  1 rs, then also sonam will go to such events. acting to aati nahi, rent ke kapde kahi to pehenna padega to show off. aur page 3 me bhi aana hai didi ko.

TakingAStand2 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

SoDumb Kapoor is finally exposed. She is THE worst offender of being fake woke, and tries to clap back as if she knows what she is talking about, but thank god Diet Prada shut her up. 

may 2019 be the last year the fake woke elitist morons try to shove their agenda down our throats. 

ChanChanMan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

It's all the game of money. Paisa bolta hai.