Posted: 4 years ago

Hi, Iam Preethi. I recently started watching this show and to my surprise iam loving it. I have to confess i watched only few episodes. First few episodes are dragged and little bit filmy but the show is a remake from the original version so divertissement is acceptable. Everyone of us has the memory of watching Aladdin movies or cartoons or read the book in our childhood. So now when it is converted into a long run show, there are few additions and imagination of the writer to stretch it for long run.  usually in these fantasy stories, the Prince meets the Princess, fall in love, go through conflicts, and they happily live ever after. But in our dreams we wished for what is after that "Happily ever after" phase. The writer usually stick with a moral or theme to that story. But as we love the characters we love to see more about them and we would have fantasied many plausible stories in our imagination.  Now that our favorite cartoon is made into a long running show, iam happy that we are to witness our fantasy coming true. The strength of the show lies with the main leads, Siddarth and Avneet who emotes their characters well and their chemistry together works like magic. Though this a diversion from the original one i don't think the original essence is lost.  plus both looks like the the once we show in cartoons. so we could easily relate to their characters. I would love see Aladdin and Yasmin (Jasmine)'s characters to be exploited until they are exhausted, without boring the viewers of course.

Having said all this, i just wanted to post this appreciation post for this show. Until now, the writer and the actors are doing justice to the story and their characters respectively. I just wish that if at all this show is to end, they don't ruin any characters just for the sake of closing note.

Beautiful post. It's currently sab TV's no 2 show. So I don't think they will close it in hurry

Wallah Wallah habeebi, khatam hogayi forum ki ghareebi. Welcome to the forum... I hope ur enjoying Aladdin as much as we do.๐Ÿ˜›

Welcome to Aladdin forum ๐Ÿค—

This show is the most beautifully written show . Everything about it right from story to screenplay to presentation to direction to Brilliant Acting skills of amazing Actors to Perfect beautiful Leads and their burning sizzling beautiful chemistry โค๏ธ๐Ÿ‘

Welcome to the forum, Preethi๐Ÿ˜Š. Glad you are liking the show๐Ÿ˜ƒ. Yes it's dragged and shown filmy but not really it's too filmy or OTT like other shows. The dragging is irritating which I too don't like. I actually hope for the show to be finite having a proper end rather than be unnecessarily dragged with showing stupid twists and then it either ending abruptly fue to low TRPs or running for too much boring the viewers making them pray for the show to end.

Coming to the show, it is the only show presently where we have a female ruler sitting on the throne meant for men. Yes she has no male siblings but in that case normally a male cousin or some men of high ranking is made to sit on the throne. But here the throne has only a female ruler sitting on it. I doubt if any fantasy show in India has ever shown this in a long time. Okay if there are less fantasy shows then imagine a 21st century family where a daughter(including female lead) is made the CEO of the family business instead of the son. I don't watch KZK but I got to know from some that hero's elder sister who is an experienced businesswoman was not made owner of the company but instead her younger brother who was the hero is made even though he was just out of college and inexperienced in business. Even in today's times, the family don't make daughter as CEO even when she is more capable but make sob the CEO though he is inexperienced or hardly knows anything. So Yasmine is clearly breaking stereotypes in this though in a fantasy show.

Edited by angel_juhi04 - 4 years ago

Originally posted by sanchita1410

Beautiful post. It's currently sab TV's no 2 show. So I don't think they will close it in hurry

thank you. yeah i hope too that the show sustains. i wish they give lot of alasmine moments in the upcoming days. I want something like that of Meher track... little adventure, funny and jealousy and cute romantic moments. Though Meher was little irritating, i still love that track because it brought alasmine closer and we got many cute moments between them.

Edited by Preethi1 - 4 years ago

Originally posted by romaila

Wallah Wallah habeebi, khatam hogayi forum ki ghareebi. Welcome to the forum... I hope ur enjoying Aladdin as much as we do.๐Ÿ˜›

Thank you. kasam sone ki ashrafiyon ki.. iam enjoying the show.๐Ÿ˜›

Originally posted by moniluvskinshuk

Welcome to Aladdin forum ๐Ÿค—

This show is the most beautifully written show . Everything about it right from story to screenplay to presentation to direction to Brilliant Acting skills of amazing Actors to Perfect beautiful Leads and their burning sizzling beautiful chemistry โค๏ธ๐Ÿ‘

Thank you ๐Ÿค— yes indeed. The leads are strong pillars of the show... They share beautiful chemistry. Having said that even every supporting actors, cameo's are/ were equally good on their roles!๐Ÿ‘

Originally posted by angel_juhi04

Welcome to the forum, Preethi๐Ÿ˜Š. Glad you are liking the show๐Ÿ˜ƒ. Yes it's dragged and shown filmy but not really it's too filmy or OTT like other shows. The dragging is irritating which I too don't like. I actually hope for the show to be finite having a proper end rather than be unnecessarily dragged with showing stupid twists and then it either ending abruptly fue to low TRPs or running for too much boring the viewers making them pray for the show to end.

Coming to the show, it is the only show presently where we have a female ruler sitting on the throne meant for men. Yes she has no male siblings but in that case normally a male cousin or some men of high ranking is made to sit on the throne. But here the throne has only a female ruler sitting on it. I doubt if any fantasy show in India has ever shown this in a long time. Okay if there are less fantasy shows then imagine a 21st century family where a daughter(including female lead) is made the CEO of the family business instead of the son. I don't watch KZK but I got to know from some that hero's elder sister who is an experienced businesswoman was not made owner of the company but instead her younger brother who was the hero is made even though he was just out of college and inexperienced in business. Even in today's times, the family don't make daughter as CEO even when she is more capable but make sob the CEO though he is inexperienced or hardly knows anything. So Yasmine is clearly breaking stereotypes in this though in a fantasy show.

Thank You. Aladdin is defenitely a shift from the soggy shows. Matriarchy is something new to telly world. though we might have seen FL taking over business and becoming successful entrepreneur kind of shows, the FL's were still controlled by ML's in most of the shows which is not the case of Aladdin. Even though Zafar killed Badhsha and makes yasmine weak, and try to control her life; she did not bow down to Zafar. she accepted to marry Zafar for her father's sake. she made it clear it will be she who will rule bhagdhat and zafar iwill be just a namesake husband. This different take on authority makes the show different from the rest. 

Also the father- daughter duo was diffrent in cartoon to this show. The father of the cartoon wanted his daughter Jasmine to be married to Jafar whereas the show showed a different dynamics where Badhsha wanted his daughter Yasmine, to be his successor and rule the kingdom.

still the show could show more of Alasmine .

Thank you so much for your warm welcome๐Ÿค— and sorry for replying late.