Lets Talk- Have you ever experienced Bullying at school?

Posted: 4 years ago

Hey guys!! My real name is maryum (still can't change my username again LOL) 

IF has always been one of my many homes in the online world although I was absent for a while as well.

I have a blog i had started in the beginning of the year called @maryumtalks and on Instagram - I did a podcast recently about mental health awareness as well and  have created videos on topics within the south asian community which I am passionate about. I want to get the voice from our community heard.

For my next LETS TALK video I am going to be discussing about Bullying- I myself was bullied at school when I was younger but I wanted to know and hear other stories as well who have experienced bullying and how has that impacted you.

Your answer and discussions will be featured in the video with a shoutout - if you would like to remain anonymous please do let me know as well. I will post the video here as well.

QUESTION: 

HAVE YOU EVER EXPERIENCED BULLYING AT SCHOOL? HOW DID YOU GET THROUGH IT? HOW DID THAT IMPACT YOU AND IN WHAT WAY? 

(POST YOUR ANSWERS HERE) 

Thank you!! :)

Edited by Sarah4eva - 4 years ago

HAVE YOU EVER EXPERIENCED BULLYING AT SCHOOL? HOW DID YOU GET THROUGH IT? HOW DID THAT IMPACT YOU AND IN WHAT WAY? 

Yeah, everyone experiences it at some point of time I did in both school and college...  In school because I was a tanned white (I've dirty blonde hair and brown skin with freckles) so yeah I was a hybrid white...  I remember this God awful time when bunch of kids had me pinned down and forcefully put bindi on my head.  

Next in college this guy claimed he loved me and began stalking,  I went to teachers but they did not believe me,  he's a college topper and head boy with a good football background.  Teachers would not believe me cos he was a good student and I was left to deal with it  to the extent I'd to get my parents involved.

In both cases time healed the wound I guess,  for the first one a company Timex wanted me to do face modeling for them and I got over it, the other one I migrated out:)

To all those facing bullying I'd say,  it's NOT easy trust me.  And you're not the only one,  there are few who maybe undergoing this torture right now. Be brave and talk about it,  don't bottle it up0:)

Originally posted by Zephyr_57

Yeah, everyone experiences it at some point of time I did in both school and college...  In school because I was a tanned white (I've dirty blonde hair and brown skin with freckles) so yeah I was a hybrid white...  I remember this God awful time when bunch of kids had me pinned down and forcefully put bindi on my head.  

Next in college this guy claimed he loved me and began stalking,  I went to teachers but they did not believe me,  he's a college topper and head boy with a good football background.  Teachers would not believe me cos he was a good student and I was left to deal with it  to the extent I'd to get my parents involved.

In both cases time healed the wound I guess,  for the first one a company Timex wanted me to do face modeling for them and I got over it, the other one I migrated out:)

To all those facing bullying I'd say,  it's NOT easy trust me.  And you're not the only one,  there are few who maybe undergoing this torture right now. Be brave and talk about it,  don't bottle it up0:)

Thank you so much for sharing! xxx  What is your name btw? And yes you are right you should never bottle it up and to make sure to talk about it. I myself was bullied at school as well and there were these same group of girls who would call me names, made me feel insecure as they made fun of my exzema i use to have on my hands... i sometimes had skipped school because of it. Its only later after I got through school things changed and in college and uni I was fine.. and now as an adult my exzema cleared up!!! None on my hands today.  But I definately feel it made me stronger... it use to affect my anxiety alot and made me timid.. but I have also become so much more stronger because of it today and speaking out.

Bullying is just terrible.

When I was in 8th class (Age 13 years) My class teacher made me sit beside a girl in a bench. That Girl treated me like I am an untouchable person because I am very poor at studies. She used to keep bag between in us or books between us while other students used to sit close. She used to call me stupid girl if I did not get anything right. She used to use my belongings too but I could not say no to her or stand up for myself. She even told me not to sit near her. I feel so sad thinking of it. 

For me the solution was simple when I was in school, beat the crap out of bullies.

Originally posted by Kavyalevana

When I was in 8th class (Age 13 years) My class teacher made me sit beside a girl in a bench. That Girl treated me like I am an untouchable person because I am very poor at studies. She used to keep bag between in us or books between us while other students used to sit close. She used to call me stupid girl if I did not get anything right. She used to use my belongings too but I could not say no to her or stand up for myself. She even told me not to sit near her. I feel so sad thinking of it. 

Hey there! Your experience has made me remember mine one. It was like a hell. Bullying in school, I suppose, is a perennial issue. Few students survive to it while the most, do not. In our school, I remember, a small height girl, drop out of school because of being bullied out by most of the class fellows. I feel pity her!. 

Yes and in college.  It made me stressed and had to quit.  

Originally posted by Kavyalevana

Thank you for sharing i am so sorry you had to go through this... it's crazy because you never forget how it make you feel no matter how long it has been. I always say it made me stronger today and you are strong too always believe that 

Originally posted by souro

For me the solution was simple when I was in school, beat the crap out of bullies.

I wish I had the guts to do that loool I 

This is the intro to my new show..

I will be talking and sharing about bullying soon  - thank you to all you guys that shared your experience .  Please do keep them coming. 

https://youtu.be/pMBQY6JBs3M