Posted: 4 years ago

I saw both movies and liked Saaho more than War. Was there anything exciting or special in War? I am just trying to grasp how there was so much negativity against Saaho and same audience is all praises for War? 

Tiger's entry scene and subsequent fight scene reminded me of fight in GTA Vice City or San Andreas. The only thing I loved was Hrithik 😍😍😍 

This is just concerning comments on both movies from critics, both are my favorites and I am happy that their movies are doing well. 

Sahoo was a bad movie Race3 level bad, while War was fun.

Originally posted by RegressiveThug

Sahoo was a bad movie Race3 level bad, while War was fun.

Thanks for replying. 

Interesting. I have not seen Race 3 so can't comment on that. My view is opposite, I enjoyed Saaho and was in a different phase altogether watching Hrithik, at this point I don't remember what was the role or name of lead actress πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…

Edited by NoraSM - 4 years ago

Perhaps because HR and Tiger are ripped, and Prabhas is out of shape?πŸ˜ƒ These kind of popcorn flicks need to be visually appealing. When the lead actor cannot be bothered enough to make the effort, the audience will also not bother to show up and watch.

Originally posted by MahanalayakKarn

Perhaps because HR and Tiger are ripped, and Prabhas is out of shape?πŸ˜ƒ These kind of popcorn flicks need to be visually appealing. When the lead actor cannot be bothered enough to make the effort, the audience will also not bother to show up and watch.

It’s not a lack of effort though. Prabhas said in an interview that he has been struggling to lose the huge body that he built up for Baahubali. He had gained something like 30 kgs for the BB movies and maintained that for 5 years and it’s hard to lose that in a few months. Especially after 35. 

Originally posted by MahanalayakKarn

If I am not wrong then the movie collected around 80cr on day 1 and it was only because of Prabhas, I don't know the final verdict of Saaho but I know that it didn't do as well as expected because there was negative WOM. 

I feel and I can be wrong about this, the first day collection is the reflection of Star power after that it is WOM, War's WOM was positive so it is doing well. 

My post is not about audience its about critics who went on to talk about laws of physics, illogical sequences, dissecting the movie scene by scene to add the feminism angle etc. I don't see that for War, face transplant is called Plastic Surgery, People mock Ekta for it but everything is accepted in War by same people.

because success ko criticize karne ke liye sach bolna padega and frankly none of the critics have courage to do that.

Screenplay of WAR was childlike and amateur at best.

Originally posted by NoraSM

If I am not wrong then the movie collected around 80cr on day 1 and it was only because of Prabhas, I don't know the final verdict of Saaho but I know that it didn't do as well as expected because there was negative WOM. 

I feel and I can be wrong about this, the first day collection is the reflection of Star power after that it is WOM, War's WOM was positive so it is doing well. 

My post is not about audience its about critics who went on to talk about laws of physics, illogical sequences, dissecting the movie scene by scene to add the feminism angle etc. I don't see that for War, face transplant is called Plastic Surgery, People mock Ekta for it but everything is accepted in War by same people.

Isn't that precisely the explanation? People went for both movies because of star power. They expected a good time. They weren't expecting plot or artistic brilliance for either. War had two eye candy men. Saaho could've but didn't.

Because Saaho looked bad from the get-go . Sorry 😐.

Edited by Peek-A-Boo - 4 years ago

Originally posted by NoraSM

Thanks for replying. 

Interesting. I have not seen Race 3 so can't comment on that. My view is opposite, I enjoyed Saaho and was in a different phase altogether watching Hrithik, at this point I don't remember what was the role or name of lead actress πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…

The thing that worked for War is, the movie didn't had a complicated second half, while Sahoo was confusing from start till end.

War was a cliched suspence movie, even a child could get it, Sahoo tried to be smart, but it wasn't a smart movie. It didn't had a understandable good guy or bad guy story. It tried too much.

Both had bang average premise, what worked for War is it was simple to grasp, while Sahoo tried to be unpredictable but that killed the movie's flow.