Are Ayushman and Alia "stars" or just lucky actors?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

I am clubbing the two together because I feel they are similar. They have great script sense, and pick the right projects for themselves. But take that apart, and do they have stardom ? Alia's Kalank flopped big time, and it's seriously not as bad a movie as some others which have succeeded. The opening numbers were good, but I don't think she was the sole or biggest factor(Varun was).

Even Ayushman succeeds mainly bcoz of his script sense. All his movies are critically acclaimed, and he is yet to pick a project which is criticized by the critics.

I'm not saying they don't have stardom at all but are they really the next best thing since sliced bread, as some section of the media and Twitterarti feels?

LMAO why should he pick a project that will be criticized by critics? Do you give job interviews To not get the job? 😆

And it’s not like other actors pick projects that are set up to fail. Everybody wants their work to be appreciated. Only few can maintain consistency. Good for Ayushman. He deserves it.

Originally posted by Chameli_billi

LMAO why should he pick a project that will be criticized by critics? Do you give job interviews To not get the job? 😆

And it’s not like other actors pick projects that are set up to fail. Everybody wants their work to be appreciated. Only few can maintain consistency. Good for Ayushman. He deserves it.

I'm not saying that at all. All I'm saying is he picks projects which are critically acclaimed. As you rightly pointed out, no-one picks bad scripts on purpose. But Ayushman has the sixth sense when it comes to choosing scripts. The outcome is always positive.

Originally posted by mintyblue

I'm not saying that at all. All I'm saying is he picks projects which are critically acclaimed. As you rightly pointed out, no-one picks bad scripts on purpose. But Ayushman has the sixth sense when it comes to choosing scripts. The outcome is always positive.

Okay. But why is that something to be criticized? I wished I had such “sixth sense” and I’m sure all his competitors do too. 😆

Originally posted by Chameli_billi

Okay. But why is that something to be criticized? I wished I had such “sixth sense” and I’m sure all his competitors do too. 😆

It's not something to be criticized at all. In fact, I'm saying they are "lucky" because of that. My question is : does that make them "stars"?

Madhuri is the biggest factor of kalank

Ayushman is not star material no matter how many good films he makes. He doesn't stand out at all.