Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: ponymo

Variety 

Wow, that was one harsh review.

It's not wrong. The story itself (on a wholesome view) is not that different than a regular family drama. What makes it good though is the direction, the way the story is told, and the acting.

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Originally posted by: Minionite

I was a volunteer at TIFF this year and had the chance to watch this movie during one of my shifts. I enjoyed it. I wouldn't call it the best movie of TIFF. For me this year's best movie was The Perfect Candidate (a Saudi Arabian movie), but this is up there in the top 3.

This movie deserved all the applause it got. It really did. It left me teary-eyed as well. Another Shonali Bose movie that is so good.

Thank you so much for your review. 👍🏼

Shailesh_Rathi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Has this movie already released? didn't hear any buzz around this one. 

TeenRose1 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Minionite

It's not wrong. The story itself (on a wholesome view) is not that different than a regular family drama. What makes it good though is the direction, the way the story is told, and the acting.

All this should be touching, but “The Sky Is Pink” consistently sells itself too hard (not to mention too long at 142 minutes), with music video-style sequences, arguments played in a cute sitcom mode, tearful soapy histrionics and so forth. The emotions we witness and feel should have more force given the obviously stressful circumstances depicted. But they feel like all the edges have been sawed off to flatter both the subjects and principal actors.''

Is this true? Like PC said in the IV with Anupama isn't it the ignorance of Bollywood film world on the critic part? Hindi films ARE long and they have songs that she calles music videos..and she says the sequences are emotinal and then she says they shud e even more emotional but cut due to impressing the actors. Is there any rhyme in what she wrote? How does show that is what happened? That is all FALSE.

Shonali took the film the way she wanted and the actors too obeyed her, no force from PC side despite being a coproducer.

The critic obviously want to be biased and give a negative article and they did.

That is such a poor unintelligent review.

Edited by TeenRose1 - 4 years ago
Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: TeenRose1

All this should be touching, but “The Sky Is Pink” consistently sells itself too hard (not to mention too long at 142 minutes), with music video-style sequences, arguments played in a cute sitcom mode, tearful soapy histrionics and so forth. The emotions we witness and feel should have more force given the obviously stressful circumstances depicted. But they feel like all the edges have been sawed off to flatter both the subjects and principal actors.''

Is this true? Like PC said in the IV with Anupama isn't it the ignorance of Bollywood film world on the critic part? Hindi films ARE long and they have songs that she calles music videos..and she says the sequences are emotinal and then she says they shud e even more emotional but cut due to impressing the actors. Is there any rhyme in what she wrote? How does show that is what happened? That is all FALSE.

Shonali took the film the way she wanted and the actors too obeyed her, no force from PC side despite being a coproducer.

The critic obviously want to be biased and give a negative article and they did.

That is such a poor unintelligent review.

No I don't agree with the review's nitty gritty details. What I do agree with is it's overarching message, that the movie is basically a family drama. But it's actually a well put story. And yes it has some filminess to it. But I feel that most movies have that feel to them no matter how hard-touching they are.

Look at a movie like Newton or NH10 or, more recently, Article 15 and Section 375. They all took some creative liberties and some filminess to them. There is no way that a movie is not going to have that feel to it.

I personally enjoyed the movie a lot and felt that it was really good. It's in my top 3 from TIFF this year and over all my shifts and outside them I watched probably something around 25 films from all over the world.

priya185 thumbnail
BollyPC thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3SoVKUlovM/?igshid=zw6hto16rx2v

Edited by Gauahargeous_N - 4 years ago