Bahu Begum

Sep 11 : One Monolog To Explain Shaira, PLEASE

NoraSM thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

I am sorry, I am a little out there so bear with me ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

When one writes a dialogue or scene for a character, don't they go inside the skin of it to reflect why and what they are doing? How can a central character be a plot device to keep Noor in Azaan's life? 

I do not expect any kind of cinematic or emotional brilliance from this, it is my guilty pleasure to watch Shazaan, Shaira and Azaan happy, but one can expect a little sense of understanding of a character, or is it too much to ask for? One monolog to tell us what Shaira is thinking, don't they know it? 

Noor went to Azaan's office, Azaan didn't meet her, he turned off office air conditioning and water supply to send Noor away, at the end of the day Noor slept in office and Azaan went home. 

In between, Azaan called Shaira, she did not pick up saying she doesn't want to come between Noor and Azaan, a tear rolls down her cheeks ๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Later Shaira is cleaning dining table, Mashuka asks her to eat as she hasn't eaten all day, Shaira says that she doesn't want to eat. 

I felt bad for her here but why is she hurting herself and Azaan like this for Noor? Does Noor deserve this unadulterated devotion from Shaira? What is she thinking? 

Shaira is reading a book, Azaan puts his head on her lap โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ Throwback to 3rd episode, Shaira had the same hairdo and clothes ๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’“ but situation is very different. In 3rd episode, Azaan had wished that he was a book, at least Shaira would read him, Today he must be wishing that he was Noor, at least Shaira would love him ๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”

Azaan takes her to dining table, he knows that Shaira didn't eat all day and he is hungry too, Shaira doesn't want to eat. Azaan tells her that one doesn't have to be strong every time, they have to let go and Shaira hugs him ๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’“ Shazaan feed each other and share a peaceful moment of love. 

Noor comes home, she complains about what Azaan did to Razia, Razia apologizes to Noor and asks her to reflect on what she has done which is forcing Azaan to behave like this with his childhood friend? Noor being Noor says that Azaan has no right to humiliate her in front of his office staff. She had every right to guilt trip his wife, break a couple, take away Azaan's love from him, force herself on him ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ

Noor sees Shazaan together and says that she didn't win Azaan with love, now she will win him by fighting for him. 

Next morning Razia reaches a forum for human rights of women, Azaan and Shaira come there. They are shocked to know that Noor has filed a case against Azaan and Razia. 

Upcoming - 

Suraiya sits in Razia's seat. 

A good Shazaan scene in the kitchen, watch it but have to edit Noor's constant jealous face ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„ 

Edited by NoraSM - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NoraSM thumbnail

Special Mention :

Azaan and his love for Shaira, he has anger issues but he is very patient when it comes to Shaira, he understands what she is thinking and he knows how to trigger her into letting go of that wall she has created around herself. 

I just wanna know what Shaira is thinking about Azaan's future, I understand that she wants to fix everything between Noor and Azaan, even if they don't live as husband and wife, she wants them to be friends again, there's no other way of ending polygamy without throwing Noor out of the house, the only way for Shaira is to make sure that Noor is Azaan's friend again so she will stop demanding Azaan as her husband. 

kooki07 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

thank you Nora for the wu . i am confused about Shaira behaviour. today i was thinking may be because i am too old fashioned so i can not understand that world is changed even relation ship of husband and wife is changed ,now people do not take it seriously but i am still standing there that's why i keep ranting the same thing again and again.

NoraSM thumbnail

Originally posted by: kooki07

thank you Nora for the wu . i am confused about Shaira behaviour. today i was thinking may be because i am too old fashioned so i can not understand that world is changed even relation ship of husband and wife is changed ,now people do not take it seriously but i am still standing there that's why i keep ranting the same thing again and again.

I can understand Shaira's character but I need monologs to know for sure, if I am right or wrong. 

As @The_May_Rose mentioned in one of her posts that Shaira doesn't really know Noor, all she knows is that Azaan was very close to Noor, Azaan told Shaira that Noor is like a child, she is not bad at heart, Shaira is giving Noor everything thinking she is not a bad person but someone who has lost her way because Shaira killed her mother, In a way Shaira thinks herself responsible for change in Noor's behavior. Shaira can't read people, the only one she knows is Azaan. Every time when discussing Noor with Azaan, Shaira says that Noor is doing bachpana. 

I think she will get shock of her life after this court room drama, Noor is not an innocent woman and because Razia had to suffer I think Azaan will blame Shaira for this. He has been very patient but it will break when he will see his mother as Noor's next target, hopefully Shaira will see that Noor is like a tumor, she is ruining everything slowly and steadily 

kooki07 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

hope so Nora. may your words come true .

The_May_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

I agree Nora.  I am trying to understand Shayra but we need something regarding her thoughts and feelings.  Perhaps after Noor targets Azaan and Razia Begum, the writers will finally present her point of view to us. 

Azaan and Razia are constantly telling her, she is wrong to support N so the creatives must be building the plot to some breakthrough.  Azaan understands her more than he complains; an endearing aspect of ShaZaan, they disagree but are still together in all this mess...

Shayra is not devoted to N, she considers her a responsibility/duty which she has to fulfil, her penance.  She trying to be strong but would rather just be with her husband and love, as we saw during the dinner scene.  Shayra stopped resisting and Azaan just held her; it was such a subtle but sweet moment, Arjit and Diana were just natural too...

It is great to see a proactive Razia Begum and I look forward to her discovering the truth about the CCTV footageโ€ฆ I am glad the writers are focusing on the political and business aspects of their livesโ€ฆ

Edited by The_May_Rose - 4 years ago
NoraSM thumbnail

Originally posted by: The_May_Rose

I agree Nora.  I am trying to understand Shayra but we need something regarding her thoughts and feelings.  Perhaps after Noor targets Azaan and Razia Begum, the writers will finally present her point of view to us. 

Azaan and Razia are constantly telling her, she is wrong to support N so the creatives must be building the plot to some breakthrough.  Azaan understands her more than he complains; an endearing aspect of ShaZaan, they disagree but are still together in all this mess...

Shayra is not devoted to N, she considers her a responsibility/duty which she has to fulfil, her penance.  She trying to be strong but would rather just be with her husband and love, as we saw during the dinner scene.  Shayra stopped resisting and Azaan just held her; it was such a subtle but sweet moment, Arjit and Diana were just natural too...

It is great to see a proactive Razia Begum and I look forward to her discovering the truth about the CCTV footageโ€ฆ I am glad the writers are focusing on the political and business aspects of their livesโ€ฆ

Even I feel that it is leading to a big realization for Shaira or Azaan will lose control, it came down to his mother and she means the world to him. 

Yes, She is trying to be strong, her thought process is not coming in form of monologs, Azaan being the one who understands Shaira the most is telling us about her, a good way to show their bonding โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

Waiting for Razia to find out about the truth, I miss you โ™ฅ

Edited by NoraSM - 4 years ago
The_May_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: NoraSM

Even I feel that it is leading to a big realization for Shaira or Azaan will lose control, it came down to his mother and she means the world to him. 

Yes, She is trying to be strong, her thought process is not coming in form of monologs, Azaan being the one who understands Shaira the most is telling us about her, a good way to show their bonding โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

Waiting for Razia to find out about the truth, I miss you โ™ฅ

According to the BTS Azaan does get angry after returning home, telling Shayra how much he warned her regarding N.  He certainly will not tolerate an insult towards his mother...

I agree, ShaZaan have a strong emotional connection.

Miss being here too Nora. ๐Ÿค—

fria319 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I know based on the story so far that Shaira's motivations for heeding to Noor's demands are all rooted in her guilt.  I don't know if I need a monologue to explain her thoughts because it's evident in her face every time she deals with Azaan.  She feels bad for ignoring him - just because she gave her husband away doesn't mean she loves him any less.  They've shown that time and time again.  

Unfortunately there's not much depth or logic to her character at the moment, IMO.  Maybe that's why we're all like why is she still enabling Noor to get close to Azaan, etc.  

I think most of it is that she feels immense guilt because she is so soft-hearted, and guilt drives people to do a lot and bear a lot from others. 

She's only strong willed when it's an injustice to someone who doesn't deserve it. She thinks she deserves this injustice she's committing to herself (by allowing Noor to get close to Azaan).  

Now, why doesn't she think she's committing an injustice to Azaan & Razia? Because of everything you said - she thinks Noor's behavior is temporary; that they loved Noor once, they'll love her again, and she was the one that messed everything up. So, probably to her, it's more of a "correct what was done wrong" instead of an injustice.   

Of course, none of these reasons are good reasons to the audience, IMO, but that's what I've interpreted so far. IMO, it's pretty clear in her actions what she's thinking internally.  There are a lot of doormats like her out there in the world, and right now they're writing Shaira's character as that.  Even if she doesn't like the idea of Noor & Azaan together, she'll swallow her feelings because its "for the greater good" . 

I would need a monologue, not to explain her actions, but for her to be reasserted as the third lead in this show. Because I think you hit it on the nail - her character is being used as a plot device (which is what I got from the original promos) to drive this story that the writer seems to want to revolve around Noor and Azaan more in the long run. 

Edited by fria319 - 4 years ago