Ishaaron Ishaaron Mein

Pari swaying Srivastavs - Story till now

Shwets1502 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

The show started off depicting a beautiful loving family, Yogi and Gunjan's rishta and Yogi and Gunjan's romance. Not to forget the beautiful song Ek Chup Main. 

Entered Pari, detouring the story and messing the pace. There could be reasons behind her rude behaviour, parents separation etc but the fact is she is not Likeable. I could not fathom the way the family has embraced her like their own, giving Yogi's room, offering food, no rent- she is making them a fool and they are falling for it. But why? How can they let a complete stranger in their house? Just because she is an intern doctor? She can give injections? Take aashirwaad? Too shallow. Not a single member of the family doubts her intentions? I really hope the writers do something about this and get the story back on track. 

Yogi- Gunjan scenes are beautiful. Both their smiles at seeing each other. There is love, no doubt. The problem I have is- we know a lot about Yogi. What do we know about Gunjan? She is sweet and humble. Likes Yogi. What else? She has been used as a doll for know and haven't been given much of any character. I would like to see that being explored. 

The show currently is completely off track. Pari's antics, Yogi-Pari rivalry and Yogi-Gunjan trying to meet are getting repetitive. 

I am really liking the family scenes. Be it Yogi with Pihu, Nisha talking about Kabir not wanting a kid, Vivek confronting Kabir, the ladies talking about husbands helping wives, all these moments keep the show real.  

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

P.D.S thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

I second with everything you've said. Gunjan, as in the actor, is starting to grow on me now. Her simple, innocent expressions are looking more natural now. The first few episodes were like movie intro sequences - dupatta flying and the never-deflating, exaggerated smile 😆. I agree I want to know more about Gunjan. We need her story through her eyes not Yogi's.

The family members, their chemistry and interactions are more fascinating for me. Pari's existence in the show and house is just nonsensical for me. Had she simply come as a paying-guest/tenant in the house, I'd accept it - it would've been logical. But the way she entered the house and remains is just plain stupid.

Overall, I'm a little uncomfortble with the loudness some times, for example, Kabir not wanting a child - I'd hoped the family would be a little more sensitive in this matter or the wedding invitation scene where Yogi's father (completely forgot his name😲) expresses his love for his son -  I expected more nuanced acting by kiran karmarkar after all he's a terrific actor. Sometimes I think they get carried away with the concept of the show being fun and slice-of-life, that they overdo certain things. I'm sorry but that's what sets shows like SGP and BBB apart - they had the perfect balance.

greatsaleen thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Agree! I stopped watching the show when the family gave their newly-engaged son's room to some random girl. Such things can have a very bad impression and effect on a new relationship. Wouldn't Gunjan's family wonder why this girl is staying their to-be s-i-l's room? 

Not much thought going into story writing. The writers are not taking social norms into context. 

Also, the character of Pari is sooo annoying even if there is a backstory about it. What kind of a Dr. treats anyone the way she treats others. Soon there will be redeeming qualities that will be shown - blah! 

Shwets1502 thumbnail

I think the family scenes don't have a proper flow. The process flow is always- light scenes taking a sudden emotional turn. Which doesn't fit always. I liked Kiran's acting in that emotional scene but yes, the writing was loud. Kabir not wanting a child needed a better and elaborate track. 

The story isn't going anywhere now. It's time passing. Even if Yogi and Gunjan are time passing, there should have been a continuous family track or something. Shiv and his wife are good characters. They can be used better too. 

Pari is plain annoying doesn't matter if she has a broken family. She doesn't seem to have the responsibility of a doctor. Let's see how it goes. The show hasn't reached Unwatchable mode yet. 

P.D.S thumbnail

Originally posted by: greatsaleen

Agree! I stopped watching the show when the family gave their newly-engaged son's room to some random girl. Such things can have a very bad impression and effect on a new relationship. Wouldn't Gunjan's family wonder why this girl is staying their to-be s-i-l's room? 

Not much thought going into story writing. The writers are not taking social norms into context. 

Also, the character of Pari is sooo annoying even if there is a backstory about it. What kind of a Dr. treats anyone the way she treats others. Soon there will be redeeming qualities that will be shown - blah! 

I don't have an issue with the show/creators breaking social norms or letting a girl stay in their home. Gunjan's family should have a mature and open outlook - and surely they see Yogi's love for Gunjan. There's no reason to misinterpret things here and if they do then I'd say they can go get on their bikes. (Shiv seems to be looking out for anything wrong in this relationship so he may use this as an excuse to cancel the wedding)

My issue is with Pari randomly thrown into the mix of this story.

P.D.S thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shwets1502

I think the family scenes don't have a proper flow. The process flow is always- light scenes taking a sudden emotional turn. Which doesn't fit always. I liked Kiran's acting in that emotional scene but yes, the writing was loud. Kabir not wanting a child needed a better and elaborate track. 

The story isn't going anywhere now. It's time passing. Even if Yogi and Gunjan are time passing, there should have been a continuous family track or something. Shiv and his wife are good characters. They can be used better too. 

Pari is plain annoying doesn't matter if she has a broken family. She doesn't seem to have the responsibility of a doctor. Let's see how it goes. The show hasn't reached Unwatchable mode yet. 

I agree, the flow is the biggest problem. The scene today between Prakash and Yogi was great. Prakash apologises to Yogi for not being able to fulfill his wishes. That's nuance I was looking for 👍🏼. Kiran balanced the characters' loud personality and soft-heartedness perfectly👏.

@bold: Yeah, I'm really enjoying watching them.

The good thing about the show is its actors/characters - there's one or two, at the very least, that'll keep you watching the show, for now.

Edited by PureDrivenSnow - 4 years ago
Shwets1502 thumbnail

Originally posted by: PureDrivenSnow

I agree, the flow is the biggest problem. The scene today between Prakash and Yogi was great. Prakash apologises to Yogi for not being able to fulfill his wishes. That's nuance I was looking for 👍🏼. Kiran balanced the characters' loud personality and soft-heartedness perfectly👏.

@bold: Yeah, I'm really enjoying watching them.

The good thing about the show is its actors/characters - there's one or two, at the very least, that'll keep you watching the show, for now.

I found the same problem with today's Yogi-Prakash scene. It started off light and then a sudden turn to being emotional. But great acting by Kiran.