Both chapters are amazing....

Have u updated the 3rd one ??

Please notify when u update

Oh I absolutely forgot to add it in the index

I've done now.

Third chapter is edited :)

Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by Wistfulness

I'll read the last two chapters tonight. 

Cool do tell me how you feel about it :)

What did I just read? PreRish stories are sick and readers feel pukish? Surely someone is going green with envy. ðŸ¤£

I got confused for a moment. I realized I had already read the second chapter. ðŸ˜† 

Coming to the last update, I loved their first interaction. Can't wait to read what transpires next. 

Originally posted by Wistfulness

What did I just read? PreRish stories are sick and readers feel pukish? Surely someone is going green with envy. ðŸ¤£

I got confused for a moment. I realized I had already read the second chapter. ðŸ˜† 

Coming to the last update, I loved their first interaction. Can't wait to read what transpires next. 

Will update pretty soon. :) 

Thanks 

And update soon please 

These all were commendable

Originally posted by afnashahid

Thanks 

And update soon please 

These all were commendable

Thank you so much i might update tomorrow :)

:Chapter Four : Strangled Hearts:

"The sky grew darker, painted blue on blue, one stroke at a time,into deeper and deeper shades of night."

-Haruki Murakami

She stirred the soup in her bowl with a slow motion trying to get the content consumable. The temperature had experienced a significant fall since he'd arrived at her doorstep and it would have been a stupidity to let him drive back. She'd insisted on him staying back, in order to be relieved about his safety.

The accident of her parents had made her extra careful with things and she had no intention of taking a chance with anyone else's safety specially when he traveled all the way to her abode. 

He'd refused instantly when she'd asked him for food indicating his thoughtfulness about her but she had not stopped, gone ahead and prepared a pot of shorba for both of them. She'd served the dish into two bowls and placed it in front of him to which he had smiled and muttered a low thanks. 

"Do you want to tell me some things about your husband?" Rishabh had been waiting to utter a word since so long. He had seen her working her way through the kitchen and he haven't been able to get his eyes off from her. She was beautiful and he'd felt his heart flutter in his chest every time she looked in his eyes. 

"There's... Not much to tell if you ask me. He was with me for only a month or so and then we married." she looked away from the man sitting in front who reminded her of her missing husband. They weren't similar physically but the ways of their speaking and behavior was quite similar.

"I know it is hard for you to go through everything again after so long , but the truth needs to be out. Ripping the band-aid off is not easy but once you do you're free." he knew his words weren't any consolation on her wounds but somehow he didn't want to see her tears. 

"It was like the floor had slipped off my feet in an instant the next day of my wedding, I was sitting at the porch after he'd left in the morning claiming to have an important assignment to finish. He never returned." She completed her side of the story remembering what had occurred. 

"I'm sorry, I can imagine how it must have been. Can you give me a bit more details about him? His height, hobbies, appearance anything that could be of any help?" he was being a tad bit overboard but he knew he needed all this to proceed with the investigation, but it didn't stop him from staring at the beautiful lass crying in front of him. 

"Anurag was never too elaborate about his job. He used to freelance basically, even I never asked him any details about it. He just earned enough,he had a birth mark on the joint where his back and neck met, it was a dark brown patch. And he sang really well, apart from this I don't know anything." Rishabh cringed at the thought of her knowing a single intimate detail about another man. He felt extremely peculiar about the feelings he had experienced in the past three hours after meeting her. 

"Thank you for telling me these things it will help me with the case. I hope I really find out what was the reason he disappeared all of a sudden." he spoke after noting down these minute details into the Notepad of his phone. 

Time passed bit by bit and the storm didn't seem to get quite at all.The two people ate in silence glancing at each other in between. It was an odd phenomenon that Rishabh's heart fluttered every time she looked directly into his eyes. He came to a conclusion that after so many years of his life he had finally found someone appealing. 

"Are you alone in your family?" she asked finally breaking up the silence that had prevailed for over half an hour. 

"No!, no I have my mother Mandira and a little sister Nivedita. She's about to start college and thinking of going through with literature." he replied proudly. 

"That's excellent, really, literature is the one of the most amazing subjects if you have a knack for reading. It is like being on a full on reading spree." she replied excitedly. 

"Yeah I know. I really hope she gets by nicely." he smiled looking at the enthusiasm of the woman in front of him. 

"She will, don't worry. Do you mind if I ask something?" She asked him in a polite manner and gave him an apologetic smile at the end. 

"I need you to tell me the truth, whatever it is. What do you think happened with my husband?" he knew this was coming sooner or later. 

"I think he's no more Prerna. I'm not going to lie to you, it's been eight years and absolutely no record of him. I'm not sure if he met with an accident or he left willingly but I promise that I'll find out, whatever the reason for his disappearance is." he glanced at her eyes and saw her tearing up which made his heart crack into two. 

The cries became evident in the room of the big house. The walls felt enclosing and finally the window pane broke open bringing in the snowy zephyr from outside. The hearts had started opening up to each other. 

The winds of Kashmir was about to witness a new story.

Edited by EuphoricDamsel. - 4 years ago

Author's Note

Hello Readers,

I know this update came quite late but I've been caught up in things and life hasn't been easy in college. It seems someday or the other we all experience high lows so yeah this week's been my low. This update came out a little shorter than what I've imagined altogether. ALso , I might or might not update in the upcoming weekend as I have my mid terms, which sucks obviously. 

If i do get a chance to write the next chapter it will be up by sunday. 

I would like to thank all of you lovely readers who commented and appreciated me over the last update and heard out whatever I had to say. DO show all your love for this one also and I'll try updating this soon. :)

Yours

Ritu

Edited by EuphoricDamsel. - 4 years ago

aaaaaaah someone updated! I feel like there's been such a lull on here no ones updating. uummmhhmmm he's attracted to her Aaaah this is such a thriller gosh what's going to happen next will Anurag be alive?Will he come back? Theres going to be so much angst to come na? Even if he's dead or alive the hurricane of emotions that closure will bring for her RB's going to be there for her. Reading about the initial awkward moments is just as satisfying as reading the intimate ones especially when you've written it so well. Hoping the next update will be a longer one😭 Cheers and all the best for your mid terms! 

Nice update 

Can’t wait to read more about their love story 

Thank you for the update ðŸ¤—