BALRAM / Basant Bhatt Appreciation Thread #4 - Page 2

Posted: 4 years ago

Hey guys!

I am back 🤪not that it really matters but I was busy with life (mostly summer school yes I am a nerd😃🤓) 

I thought there would be a lot more to catch up on but I guess not. Nice that there is another AT 👏

Anyway the past six weeks were great. I watched all of it just was too busy to comment on it. FYI this might be a long post (Also I didn’t watch the 08/12 and 08/13 episodes when I wrote this post no idea if my questions were answered there)

That week where Ayan got cursed (I knew it was gonna happen before it even did) I was surprised to see Balram was important in that week. Was happy to see his sheshnaag presence. Only thing that I had a problem with that week was Balram still didn’t kill any asurs. Kans has a higher asur kill count that Balram which I am sad about. But it’s fine.

I only wrote a memo for that first week the rest of the five weeks I forgot to write my thoughts some where 😆

The other weeks were great with Achutya and Radha becoming herself. KaRam moments were great as well. Balram was a great great supporter when Krishn would mess up.

Oh ya Ayan’s beating was great. I loved that entire sequence.

I have some thoughts on some of the stuff that happened: 

did KaRam loose their telepathic abilities? Like they don’t use it as much. 

I don’t fully understand how to poison is not affecting Radha and how Krishn kept Kali maa’s vardhan...didn’t he fully over turn the power she gave?

Also isn’t Balram Jayanti before Janmashtami? Or is Balram Jayanti not widely celebrated. Genuine question because I don’t live in India so I don’t know. I mean I get the show is not about Balram but I thought that would be something important. I guess the show makers will skip it.

On a more positive note supppppppppeeeeerrrrrrrr happy to have an off screen interviews of Basant and Sumedh 🥳

Also happy about his nominations even if it might be in comic supporting role but nominations nevertheless.

I think that’s all my thoughts for now...if anything else you guys will hear back from me for a bit before I go missing again 😆

Edited by Janu808 - 4 years ago

Hi everyone!

Here's wishing everyone a very happy Rakshabandhan, and also a very happy Shri Balram Jayanti! (And India's Independence Day, while we're at it!) 🥳

I hope you all have a fantastic day with your siblings and family today, and every day! 🤗

Jaanu, nice to see you back. I think most of us are in-and-out of IF these days - such is life!

With regards to Shri Balram Jayanti, as far as I am aware, it is not as largely celebrated in general as are Shri Krishna Janamastshami or Ram Navami, etc, but I think it would be nice of them to acknowledge Balram's birthday in the RK show at some point! ⭐️

And as far as I understand, some people celebrate Balram Jayanti today (on the poornima/full-moon day of the Shraavan month) whereas some others celebrate it two days before Krishna Janamashtami, on the shashti (sixth day) of the dark fortnight. This particular shashti day is sometimes then known as Halshashti, after Balram's names that reference this plough weapon, such as Halyuddh and Haldhar; today's poornima is also sometimes called Balram Poornima. 

I'm not sure why there are two different celebration days, but I think Balram Jayanti being celebrated today (Shraavan poornima) on the same day that Rakshabandhan is celebrated is pretty cool and symbolic for the birth celebration of he who is widely considered to be the epitome of the ideal brother, or in the words of Dakshayani (PandavPranayini), "the universe's best big brother". 😊👏 At least I always though this was extremely cool! 👍🏼

So in celebration of Shri Balram Jayanti, I'm quoting something I wrote in AT#1 about his birth story when Daskhayani and I were having a discussion about Shri Balram (seeing as it is still highly unlikely that they'll ever mention this super-cool story in the show!).

Originally posted by A-A-S

It is said that Sheshnaag incarnated as Devki's seventh child after her first six sons had been killed by Kans, so that he would be born as Krishna's elder brother. But during Devki's seventh pregnancy, on the request of Shri Krishna/Vishnu, Devi Yogmaya extracted and transferred the unborn Balram from Devki's womb into the womb of Rohini, Vasudev's first wife, who was living in/went to live in Nand's home in Gokul for safety. So Balram was born of Rohini rather than Devki, and for all intents and purposes, everyone at the time thought that Devki's seventh pregnancy ended in a miscarriage. This also confused Kans as to whether the child of Devki's eighth pregnancy (Krishna, or baby Yogmaya as they originally thought) was actually to be considered her seventh or eighth child. This womb-transfer is also why another name of Shri Balram is Sankarshan (one meaning of the word "sankarshan" is "extraction").

This allowed Balram to be born safely and so be around to help Krishna for his whole life - the purpose of Sheshnaag's incarnation - and also, there is a story that Rohini was a reincarnation/re-birth of Devi Kadru who is the mother of all snakes (including Sheshnaag), and that Sheshnaag wanted to honour his mother by having his incarnation be born of her in her then-current existence (which is so sweet!).Smile

Devki is said to be a reincarnation of Devi Aditi, mother of the Devs, and Vasudev a reincarnation of Rishi Kashyap, husband of Aditi, Kadru and many others and father of practically everyone (Devs, snakes, asurs, etc etc). Krishna/Vishnu is said to have been born 3 times to this set of parents - there are a few versions of this story. One is that he was born of them first when they were Prishni-Sutapa, then Aditi-Kashyap (in his Vaman avatar) and finally as Krishna to Devki-Vasudev. Another version is that he was first born of them when they were Aditi-Kashyap, and then secondly as Shri Rama when they were Kaushalya-Dashratha (and Sumitra was a reincarnation of Kadru and gave birth to Sheshnaag's incarnation Lakshman), and then finally as Krishna to Devki-Vasudev.

And so Balram was born of Rohini-Vasudev, the reincarnations of Sheshnaag's parents, Kadru and Kashyap, but was still also considered to be the seventh child of Devki as well. And we can also consider Balram to be one of the first people to have 3 biological parents! Smile 

Edited by A-A-S - 4 years ago

Originally posted by Janu808

Hey guys!

I am back 🤪not that it really matters but I was busy with life (mostly summer school yes I am a nerd😃🤓) 

I thought there would be a lot more to catch up on but I guess not. Nice that there is another AT 👏

Anyway the past six weeks were great. I watched all of it just was too busy to comment on it. FYI this might be a long post (Also I didn’t watch the 08/12 and 08/13 episodes when I wrote this post no idea if my questions were answered there)

That week where Ayan got cursed (I knew it was gonna happen before it even did) I was surprised to see Balram was important in that week. Was happy to see his sheshnaag presence. Only thing that I had a problem with that week was Balram still didn’t kill any asurs. Kans has a higher asur kill count that Balram which I am sad about. But it’s fine.

I only wrote a memo for that first week the rest of the five weeks I forgot to write my thoughts some where 😆

The other weeks were great with Achutya and Radha becoming herself. KaRam moments were great as well. Balram was a great great supporter when Krishn would mess up.

Oh ya Ayan’s beating was great. I loved that entire sequence.

I have some thoughts on some of the stuff that happened: 

did KaRam loose their telepathic abilities? Like they don’t use it as much. 

I don’t fully understand how to poison is not affecting Radha and how Krishn kept Kali maa’s vardhan...didn’t he fully over turn the power she gave?

Also isn’t Balram Jayanti before Janmashtami? Or is Balram Jayanti not widely celebrated. Genuine question because I don’t live in India so I don’t know. I mean I get the show is not about Balram but I thought that would be something important. I guess the show makers will skip it.

On a more positive note supppppppppeeeeerrrrrrrr happy to have an off screen interviews of Basant and Sumedh 🥳

Also happy about his nominations even if it might be in comic supporting role but nominations nevertheless.

I think that’s all my thoughts for now...if anything else you guys will hear back from me for a bit before I go missing again 😆

welcome back janu 🤗i was wondering about u, even thought of pming but i am feeling a bit too lazy these  days 😆🤪

great to see u back...

asur killing by ballu is happening ever here, i hv swallowed this bitter dose of fact.... thoigh i can't understand why... also its weird how every asur asks for mukti or moksh in this show 😆like they are not evil at all.... and rk makers have made this moksh route their excuse to get all asurs killed by only kanha.

the ballu ayan face off in between were great indeed, specially his sly, thug like body language 😎 later that direct get out to ayan 😆 the achyuta beating ayan episode was perhaps the best episode in last few months 🤣

KaRam are not interacting through telepathy off late but im sure it will be used conveniently again 

i didn't understand the whole poison thing either

i hate how the show even skipped a verbal mention of balram jayanti. first they took away rohini then made yashoda 100 percent kanha centric.

yassss finally the off screen segments came.... did u notice the sbb segment was shot back in march but they hold on to it i don't know why.... my fav one so far 😳

i thought of you the day these off screen segments arrived coz both of were so eager to see them.... pls don't disappear again for long duration 😛 atleast try to come once in week 😊 no one was posting thats why the prev AT took so long to finish.... i also came here after 3-4 days becoz of that..but u guys are coming again then i am also available to visit and share thoughts on regular basis 😃

Edited by BARBlE - 4 years ago

Hi everyone!

Here's wishing everyone a very happy Rakshabandhan, and also a very happy Shri Balram Jayanti! (And India's Independence Day, while we're at it!) 🥳

I hope you all have a fantastic day with your siblings and family today, and every day! 🤗

Jaanu, nice to see you back. I think most of us are in-and-out of IF these days - such is life!

With regards to Shri Balram Jayanti, as far as I am aware, it is not as largely celebrated in general as are Shri Krishna Janamastshami or Ram Navami, etc, but I think it would be nice of them to acknowledge Balram's birthday in the RK show at some point! ⭐️

And as far as I understand, some people celebrate Balram Jayanti today (on the poornima/full-moon day of the Shraavan month) whereas some others celebrate it two days before Krishna Janamashtami, on the shashti (sixth day) of the dark fortnight. This particular shashti day is sometimes then known as Halshashti, after Balram's names that reference this plough weapon, such as Halyuddh and Haldhar; today's poornima is also sometimes called Balram Poornima. 

I'm not sure why there are two different celebration days, but I think Balram Jayanti being celebrated today (Shraavan poornima) on the same day that Rakshabandhan is celebrated is pretty cool and symbolic for the birth celebration of he who is widely considered to be the epitome of the ideal brother, or in the words of Dakshayani (PandavPranayini), "the universe's best big brother". 😊👏 At least I always though this was extremely cool! 👍🏼

So in celebration of Shri Balram Jayanti, I'm quoting something I wrote in AT#1 about his birth story when Daskhayani and I were having a discussion about Shri Balram (seeing as it is still highly unlikely that they'll ever mention this super-cool story in the show!).

greetings of independence day, raksha bandhan and balram jayanti to u too arti 🤗 i knew you would definitely post something on balram jayanti, infact thats y i came to check today 😃

thanks for the informative write up in regards to balram jayanti...

i wish they had, but let alone showing his birth story, they are even avoiding a verbal mention of his birth origin  or birthday... doesn't make sense since this topic of celebrating birthday came though their mother on the show... anyway thanks for quoting your old post about the story here again... 😊

Hi everyone!

Hi Arti, Happy Rakshabandhan, Balram Jayanti and Independence Day (if u live in India) to you too😆

Thank you soo much for the Birth story write up. I didn’t see it the first time. It is very interesting I actually did learn something new about his other  name being Shankarshan. I never knew why that was his other name. Thanks again for the write up it refreshed my already terrible memory 😛

Very interesting facts about the time it is being celebrated.

The disappointment it that the show didn’t even acknowledge it. I would have been very fine if it was a one episode celebration but they just completely over looked it. Which sucks. It wouldn’t have been very hard to do at least enough for one episode. 

At this point I had given up on Balram killing any asurs real or ones made up by CVs so I was hoping for something for Balram Jayanti but nope. 

Anyway it’s fine I guess can’t except anything from CVs but just reading what you shared will be enough and I enjoyed it 🤗thanks again

Originally posted by BARBlE

welcome back janu 🤗i was wondering about u, even thought of pming but i am feeling a bit too lazy these  days 😆🤪

great to see u back...

asur killing by ballu is happening ever here, i hv swallowed this bitter dose of fact.... thoigh i can't understand why... also its weird how every asur asks for mukti or moksh in this show 😆like they are not evil at all.... and rk makers have made this moksh route their excuse to get all asurs killed by only kanha.

the ballu ayan face off in between were great indeed, specially his sly, thug like body language 😎 later that direct get out to ayan 😆 the achyuta beating ayan episode was perhaps the best episode in last few months 🤣

KaRam are not interacting through telepathy off late but im sure it will be used conveniently again 

i didn't understand the whole poison thing either

i hate how the show even skipped a verbal mention of balram jayanti. first they took away rohini then made yashoda 100 percent kanha centric.

yassss finally the off screen segments came.... did u notice the sbb segment was shot back in march but they hold on to it i don't know why.... my fav one so far 😳

i thought of you the day these off screen segments arrived coz both of were so eager to see them.... pls don't disappear again for long duration 😛 atleast try to come once in week 😊 no one was posting thats why the prev AT took so long to finish.... i also came here after 3-4 days becoz of that..but u guys are coming again then i am also available to visit and share thoughts on regular basis 😃

Hey Tusu,

@bold I say I have swallowed this pill but I HAVENT 😭

I am in the ultimate stage of “hey maybe it will happen”. The pill is half swallowed then something happens that gives me hope then I am only left disappointed...

I am mad that there is nothing for Balram Jayanti like that was my hope for something.

CVs didn’t give him any asurs to kill so I wanted Balram Jayanti but NOOOO😡 I didn’t want a month, or a week of celebrations I would have been fine with one episode.

Another thing (please do correct me if I am wrong) but a lot of these asurs that have been in their show are made up right???? Like I have not heard of some of them. Why can’t Balram kill a made up asur. Krishn always stops him either he kills him or sends them back to kans to be killed.

Also the information that Krishn wanted Kans to know about Balram  literally did NOTHING. Kans is like cool and forgot about him a second later and he attacked Radha right after that. GAH

Sigh it is just sad I am annoyed about that. Sorry about the rant. Anyway moving on

The off screen segments were great. I didn’t even know that it was shot in March. No clue why they would hold it so long maybe they wanted to wait till friendship day. I don’t have a favorite I love them all 😆

Also I will try to come back on a regular basis. But your girl got bad memory if I remember I will stop by for sure 😛😆

Hey Tusu,

@bold I say I have swallowed this pill but I HAVENT 😭

I am in the ultimate stage of “hey maybe it will happen”. The pill is half swallowed then something happens that gives me hope then I am only left disappointed...

I am mad that there is nothing for Balram Jayanti like that was my hope for something.

CVs didn’t give him any asurs to kill so I wanted Balram Jayanti but NOOOO😡 I didn’t want a month, or a week of celebrations I would have been fine with one episode.

Another thing (please do correct me if I am wrong) but a lot of these asurs that have been in their show are made up right???? Like I have not heard of some of them. Why can’t Balram kill a made up asur. Krishn always stops him either he kills him or sends them back to kans to be killed.

Also the information that Krishn wanted Kans to know about Balram  literally did NOTHING. Kans is like cool and forgot about him a second later and he attacked Radha right after that. GAH

Sigh it is just sad I am annoyed about that. Sorry about the rant. Anyway moving on

The off screen segments were great. I didn’t even know that it was shot in March. No clue why they would hold it so long maybe they wanted to wait till friendship day. I don’t have a favorite I love them all 😆

Also I will try to come back on a regular basis. But your girl got bad memory if I remember I will stop by for sure 😛😆

yes half of the asurs were made up and their plea/desire of moksh is the route taken by makers to get each of them killed by kanha... i find it find it funny how majority of these asurs are not originally evil but somehow forced or tricked to do the dirty job 😆(in their own words). they chicken out as soon as they find out who their target actually are and falls on feet to demand mukti/moksha . which is why they say that no one else can kill them 

@bold - exactly!  it has always annoyed me how kans never bothered about him....when they themselves informed about some protecting shield being with kanha, kans took no action.... a normal would atleast think oh no i hv got another headache ! but no, not even that  ye log chahe jitna bhi lolipop dikhaye about kans killing being a KaRam mission, i won't believe until i see it 

Originally posted by BARBlE

yes half of the asurs were made up and their plea/desire of moksh is the route taken by makers to get each of them killed by kanha... i find it find it funny how majority of these asurs are not originally evil but somehow forced or tricked to do the dirty job 😆(in their own words). they chicken out as soon as they find out who their target actually are and falls on feet to demand mukti/moksha . which is why they say that no one else can kill them 

@bold - exactly!  it has always annoyed me how kans never bothered about him....when they themselves informed about some protecting shield being with kanha, kans took no action.... a normal would atleast think oh no i hv got another headache ! but no, not even that  ye log chahe jitna bhi lolipop dikhaye about kans killing being a KaRam mission, i won't believe until i see it 

These asurs are annoying enough. Also I am surprised Ayan doesn’t say anything about Balram to Kans because Balram taunts Ayan more than Krishn does. I want Balram to be acknowledged more as a threat but nope he is the COMIC supporting character according to CVs

I want Balram to get something a bit more important at least in one track. But I read somewhere Radha will realize her love and Navratri is coming up so the story will focus more there. Idk this part could be wrong I forget where I read it.

In this part I feel Basant would probably focus more on VG than RadhaKrishn in Navrati anyways. 

I don’t think Kans will ever look at Balram as threat and his reasoning to go to Mathura will be because both brothers cannot be separated.😔 Instead of both brother being called because they are an equal threat 

Edited by Janu808 - 4 years ago

These asurs are annoying enough. Also I am surprised Ayan doesn’t say anything about Balram to Kans because Balram taunts Ayan more than Krishn does. I want Balram to be acknowledged more as a threat but nope he is the COMIC supporting character according to CVs

I want Balram to get something a bit more important at least in one track. But I read somewhere Radha will realize her love and Navratri is coming up so the story will focus more there. Idk this part could be wrong I forget where I read it.

In this part I feel Basant would probably focus more on VG than RadhaKrishn in Navrati anyways. 

I don’t think Kans will ever look at Balram as threat and his reasoning to go to Mathura will be because both brothers cannot be separated.😔 Instead of both brother being called because they are an equal threat 

Agree with everything you said, and i think u are right about upcoming track. As of now BB is getting sufficient screen space in both shows, i guess rk will need him for janmashtami celebrations, maybe thats what they are shooting now... There after i heard that vg upcoming track will hv quite a lot of kartikeya 

Oh your last para is straight out of my mind, my thoughts = your words 😞

Today's episode was fairly good. My fav part was when kanha manufacturered ballu's hunger and wo cutely pet pakad ke khada ho gaya tha 😆