Has Dance India Dance judge Kareena Kapoor’s magic failed on screen? - Page 2

Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by nigahen

Whoever approved that 3 crore amount needs a kick on the a**. Kareena's stardom was always overhyped. Now in SM age people have wised up. Now she cant use baby Hitler for popularity much longer either. Lots of other celebs picked up on the trend and there are other famous celeb babies now.

I still hope the 3 crore bit is just a PR lie - I mean, no one would have been THAT stupid to offer such money to someone so useless, right?

Originally posted by dedh

I still hope the 3 crore bit is just a PR lie - I mean, no one would have been THAT stupid to offer such money to someone so useless, right?

It maybe or maybe not. One can never be sure. Kareena's PR may have been publicizing that amount specifically to jack up her brand further, you know like a shout out to advertisers "This is my price and I am getting it"..And it doesnt harm the producers in any way so they wouldnt have a problem with that..!
Or they were in fact paying that amount. That's possible too. From what I've gathered after the time spent on this forum, is that most producers etc are totally clueless. I mean just today I read that one actress with some 8 or 9 flops is now going to get 21 crore. 

Either way, she must have been paid a lot. Kareena hasnt crossed over officially into the hasbeens category like Raveena, Karisma even though she's as good as there already.

She doesn't have the charm of small screen 😆

Originally posted by nigahen

It maybe or maybe not. One can never be sure. Kareena's PR may have been publicizing that amount specifically to jack up her brand further, you know like a shout out to advertisers "This is my price and I am getting it"..And it doesnt harm the producers in any way so they wouldnt have a problem with that..!
Or they were in fact paying that amount. That's possible too. From what I've gathered after the time spent on this forum, is that most producers etc are totally clueless. I mean just today I read that one actress with some 8 or 9 flops is now going to get 21 crore. 

Either way, she must have been paid a lot. Kareena hasnt crossed over officially into the hasbeens category like Raveena, Karisma even though she's as good as there already.

The good old X-Files motto comes to mind: trust no one! And especially no one's PR! LOL 

Kareena has had it pretty easy in life and she hasn't had to struggle to get where she is. Karishma really slogged it out and did the groundwork for her. The contestants on the show either need someone they can connect with or that can give technical feedback which unfortunately Kareena has been unable to do. Being a star and a good actor on screen isn't enough. You have to bring a bit more to the table. People are no longer idolising stars blindly which explains the low ratings. 

Edited by BollyGlitz - 4 years ago

This forum and media need to sort this out. 

1.Kareena was never a superstar. NEVER. If she was, then Veere Di Wedding wouldn't have to go begging for money. The film could barely get investors.Yet, it has Kareena Kapoor Khan the so-called Superstar.

2. Her fee for DID cannot be 3 corer. That's a lot of money. She isn't bringing her TRPs to the shows so I doubt she's getting that much. It's probably less than 50lacks or something.

3. Kareena has a long list of flops. The only reason she's been so relevant is b/c she only works with Khans and Kumars. 

I dont believe anyone would agree to give kareena 3cr per episode esp today 

Shes not popular or charming and no one really cares about her right now

Must have bribed her way in