Posted: 4 years ago

Sidharth Malhotra and Parineeti Chopra's 'Jabariya Jodi' postponed for THIS reasonDNA Web Team | Updated: Jul 29, 2019, 10:42 AM IST

Sidharth Malhotra and Parineeti Chopra's 'Jabariya Jodi' postponed for THIS reasonSidharth Malhotra and Parineeti Chopra's 'Jabariya Jodi' postponed for THIS reason

Sidharth Malhotra and Parineeti Chopra starrer 'Jabariya Jodi' which was supposed to release on August 2, 2019, has been postponed.

Sidharth Malhotra and Parineeti Chopra have been neck-deep busy with the promotions of their upcoming film Jabariya Jodi. After Mumbai, they visited cities namely Lucknow and Delhi for the promotions. The film which is based on the real-life instances of groom-kidnapping has Sidharth playing the role of Abhay, the kidnapper and Parineeti as Babli. In the trailer and the songs, their chemistry has been well-appreciated.

Jabariya Jodi was all set to hit the screens this week on August 2, 2019. However, the film has now been postponed by a week and will release on February 9, 2019. The makers came to this decision as the latest releases namely Kabir Singh, Super 30, The Lion King and Judgementall Hai Kya are having a great run at the box-office. To avoid the clutter, prominent exhibitors across India came together and requested the makers to move ahead. Moreover, Sonakshi Sinha starrer Khandaani Shafakhana is also coming out on August 2, 2019.

Now, with August 9, release, Jabariya Jodiis likely to get the advantage of Bakri Eid which is on August 12.

Jabariya Jodi is directed by Prashant Singh and is produced by Shobha Kapoor, Ekta Kapoor’s Balaji Motion Pictures and Shaailesh R. Singh’s Karma Media and Entertainment. 

This is the second outing of Sidharth and Parineeti on the big screen after five years.

Earlier, talking about people's conception about him on taking up Jabariya Jodi, Sidharth said to Bombay Times, "People just assumed that I may not be very convincing as a Bihari boy in Jabariya Jodibecause I’ve never done something like this before. What they don’t realise is that I come from Delhi and I know people who speak in that lehza, and so, it couldn’t have been so difficult for me to speak like that."

Promotions are almost done.  What are they gonna do for an extra week?  

Poor Sid.  He was repeating August second over and over at every promotional event.  Yikes!!  This is like Aiyaari all over again.  

Originally posted by IAmLuvBolly

Promotions are almost done.  What are they gonna do for an extra week?  

Poor Sid.  He was repeating August second over and over at every promotional event.  Yikes!!  This is like Aiyaari all over again.  

Yeah in the IG story from yesterday it says August 2nd. 

Originally posted by jb508

Yeah in the IG story from yesterday it says August 2nd. 

I think this was decided within the past few hours.  Balaji, Ekta, Sid and Pari haven’t posted anything yet.  

To make room for jhm 2nd week😆

I think they have made a plan to show the world Mantal is a sleeper hit, uske liye kam se kam 3 hafte lagenge.. Sat-Sun aur Mondays ko 20% inflated figures dete jao kam ban jayega.

Chalo ek week late flop hogi ye movie ab!

Originally posted by hantel

I think they have made a plan to show the world Mantal is a sleeper hit, uske liye kam se kam 3 hafte lagenge.. Sat-Sun aur Mondays ko 20% inflated figures dete jao kam ban jayega.

Yea probably.  Still, poor Sid.  Whatever chance his movie had just went down the drain I think. As a fan I’m totally 😭

why the hell are they trying to prove that flop movie judgemental is a hit? The writing is on the wall. It has flopped and ruining other movie to save an already flop movie is a pathetic decision. What's wrong with Ekta? Poor Sid