First week review of SGP..err.. IIM

Posted: 4 years ago

For those who have watched Sasural Genda Phool,  the mere clip of Delhi,  then Chawri Bazaar and the top angle entry of the house takes them back to the good old days.  If that's not enough,  every character introduced is  like a direct replacement for the Kashyaps. Brought a smile to my face and hope of a good show finally.  

Not taking away credit from this show and the current cast,  Ishaaron Ishaaron mein is so refreshing.  It's a feel good show.  Mudit Nayar as Yogi is outstanding.  He makes us sympathize as well as appreciate his confidence.  The way the family treats and speaks with Yogi casually and normally is good to see.  The family playing anatakshari and carrom,  the dada-dadi nok jhok,  the little fights between dadaji and Prakash.. Everything is very enjoyable.  

The female leads seem good.  Not clear how they are going to go with the triangle.  

On the whole,  a great great start.  Hopefully the good writing continues.  

I just watched 2 episodes and came here only to find there is no forum πŸ˜… It really did remind me of SGP. I guess the sets are same. I did get Bade Bhaiya vibes also. Simple, refreshing and heartwarming. 

The first episode was a little dragged with the intros and all but idm. But I like how they revealed he was differentially able at the end of the episode. Those who watched the episode without knowing probably would have started guessing midway but it was a good reveal. Also, representation πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ

There are two female leads? I am assuming the second one is the girl who rammed into his cycle with the scooty. 

Hi great seeing you here . Netri

Originally posted by Legilimens

I just watched 2 episodes and came here only to find there is no forum πŸ˜… It really did remind me of SGP. I guess the sets are same. I did get Bade Bhaiya vibes also. Simple, refreshing and heartwarming. 

The first episode was a little dragged with the intros and all but idm. But I like how they revealed he was differentially able at the end of the episode. Those who watched the episode without knowing probably would have started guessing midway but it was a good reveal. Also, representation πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ

There are two female leads? I am assuming the second one is the girl who rammed into his cycle with the scooty. 

Yes. The sets are the same. Many actors are the same too. 

I too liked Yogi's introduction. As you said, those who hadn't seen the promos- it would have been a surprise. 

Yes. The scooter girl is also a lead though not sure if she is the ultimate pair for Yogi. 

Originally posted by iViews

Hi great seeing you here . Netri

Hello hello Nets!! Good to have you back too.

Hey Shwets, πŸ˜€...great to c u back in action with a great intro thread...I think v need a thread to just introduce the characters with their names as it will b much easier for us to discuss till it gets registered...wot say... ...nets ka id is changed kya..πŸ˜€I remember her Id as netri....πŸ€”

IIM has been simple and subtle with many underlying layers waiting to b revealed. I missed the Chawri bazaar and the chai ki tupri....☺️...For so long  after SGP....nice to c Gopi kaka as Moin Chacha here....πŸ˜€....

Yes of course the set reminds us of SGP ...the casting is fabulous too...so many versatile actors under the IIM roof, hope the show maintains its  beautiful essence till it lasts. 🀩

The leads too seem talented and Mohit as Yogi does seem very enthu and passionate about his role. 

Excited abt the show✌🏼....in short I would dedicate the song for this show :

....”Saamne yeh kaun aaya, dil mei huyi halchal,

Dekhke bas ek hi jhalak, ho gaye hum paagal!😍

Edited by allizzwell - 4 years ago

Btw, is this forum open as the threads r still getting registered in TV Hindi section...

I like the slice of life feel. Not many shows have been able to keep that up throughout a show. SGP, BBKD, YUDKBH are the only mainstream shows I've seen that have managed this. 

It's nice to see Sooraj Thapar, Sudhir Pandey and Kiran Karmarkar. Not sure if anyone had watched Tamanna on Star Plus but I really liked Kiran Karmarkar in that show. There's a similar side to him in this show.

Originally posted by allizzwell

Hey Shwets, πŸ˜€...great to c u back in action with a great intro thread...I think v need a thread to just introduce the characters with their names as it will b much easier for us to discuss till it gets registered...wot say... ...nets ka id is changed kya..πŸ˜€I remember her Id as netri....πŸ€”

IIM has been simple and subtle with many underlying layers waiting to b revealed. I missed the Chawri bazaar and the chai ki tupri....☺️...For so long  after SGP....nice to c Gopi kaka as Moin Chacha here....πŸ˜€....

Yes of course the set reminds us of SGP ...the casting is fabulous too...so many versatile actors under the IIM roof, hope the show maintains its  beautiful essence till it lasts. 🀩

The leads too seem talented and Mohit as Yogi does seem very enthu and passionate about his role. 

Excited abt the show✌🏼....in short I would dedicate the song for this show :

....”Saamne yeh kaun aaya, dil mei huyi halchal,

Dekhke bas ek hi jhalak, ho gaye hum paagal!😍

Great to be back to I-F. Thanks to this show and its connection to SGP that we are back here once again. 

Absolutely loving the simplicity of the show. The primary thing we loved about SGP and now in IIM is how simple and normal the characters are, their lives are, their dressing are. Can't stand heavy make up and jewelery. 

Yes. Mudit is doing a fabulous job as Yogi. Instant likeability factor. Yet to see how the female leads are going to perform. 

Oh yes. The insertions of old classic songs is a lovely addition setting a light mood to the show.

Originally posted by PureDrivenSnow

I like the slice of life feel. Not many shows have been able to keep that up throughout a show. SGP, BBKD, YUDKBH are the only mainstream shows I've seen that have managed this. 

It's nice to see Sooraj Thapar, Sudhir Pandey and Kiran Karmarkar. Not sure if anyone had watched Tamanna on Star Plus but I really liked Kiran Karmarkar in that show. There's a similar side to him in this show.

Haven't seen Tamanna but have heard positive things about the show. 

It's always nice to have senior actors playing pivotal roles in a show if not the leads. They add so much value to every scene.