12/7 Are the writers getting their mojo back? - Page 2

Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by InCenDia

I've already stopped watching this show after revamp coz it feels like it has lost its charm.. Tried to catch some clips on Insta n followed the daily posts here n I'm really disappointed with Kabir n too some extent Pooja too.. No comments abt Suman n Dadaji they are big disappointment in the name of Senior who are supposed to be more mature n sensible n sensitive 😑😐

Yeah, quite a few people feel that way. The thing is some people enjoyed the previous setting of the show, the revamp is rather cliche. 

It feels like watching an altogether different show. Lets see. For now its still got me invested, but yeah I don't deny I miss Jahnvi. 

I have an issue with so many characters in this show that I've just stopped analyzing it too much and have been watching the show with "dimaag ki khidki band" as they say. 

First, as you pointed out, all the Sr. Mittals. Unbelievable. They have zero repentance for their actions...ZERO. I can't even REMOTELY sympathize with them although I believe that's what the CVs are trying to get us to do. As a parent, if I was the reason my children were homeless and struggling day in and day out, I wouldn't be able to LIVE with myself. The guilt would eat me alive. And moreover, how is she contributing to the family now? She's sitting at home while her son goes out and tries to feed a family of 6 single-handedly. She has no shame, no guilt and is contributing nothing to the family at the moment. That's the most UNREALISTIC thing I've ever seen. Most people, if they were in such a situation, would blame themselves for everything that has happened. They would feel upset at Pooja, but also feel that maybe it was their karma. They would sit down with their children, have that much needed conversation about the past and apologize profusely. None of this has happened till date in the show. 

Secondly, coming to Dhruv, how entitled do you have to be to go to a bar, drink till you nearly pass out and then tell the bartender to add it to your bill while saying "mera baap PK mittal hai". This is called "paison ka ghamand" - the idea that if you're the son of a rich business man, everyone else should bow down in front of you and offer you a salute. You would think knowing the reality of his father and family would have had some effect on how he viewed them. But nope. He's too busy drinking away his sorrows using the money that was never his to begin with. I get that what he's going through is terrible, but when you and your brother are the oldest in the family and you have to take responsibility for 6 total family members, I expect some maturity. But obviously CVs just made his character seem like a spineless wimp because they need to make Kabir the hero so.... 

Thirdly, even Sonali and Jay...are they attempting to look for a parttime job? In the part of the world where NOT everybody is born privileged, MOST students (dunno how it works in india, but it's definitely this way in North America) have to work part-time jobs. I myself currently am studying in university, working part-time and doing research on the side. Maybe I missed this part, but have Sonali and Jay even tried job searching...? Because they sure as hell are old enough to be contributing to their family.........

Originally posted by -Sanjana-

I have an issue with so many characters in this show that I've just stopped analyzing it too much and have been watching the show with "dimaag ki khidki band" as they say. 

First, as you pointed out, all the Sr. Mittals. Unbelievable. They have zero repentance for their actions...ZERO. I can't even REMOTELY sympathize with them although I believe that's what the CVs are trying to get us to do. As a parent, if I was the reason my children were homeless and struggling day in and day out, I wouldn't be able to LIVE with myself. The guilt would eat me alive. And moreover, how is she contributing to the family now? She's sitting at home while her son goes out and tries to feed a family of 6 single-handedly. She has no shame, no guilt and is contributing nothing to the family at the moment. That's the most UNREALISTIC thing I've ever seen. Most people, if they were in such a situation, would blame themselves for everything that has happened. They would feel upset at Pooja, but also feel that maybe it was their karma. They would sit down with their children, have that much needed conversation about the past and apologize profusely. None of this has happened till date in the show. 

Secondly, coming to Dhruv, how entitled do you have to be to go to a bar, drink till you nearly pass out and then tell the bartender to add it to your bill while saying "mera baap PK mittal hai". This is called "paison ka ghamand" - the idea that if you're the son of a rich business man, everyone else should bow down in front of you and offer you a salute. You would think knowing the reality of his father and family would have had some effect on how he viewed them. But nope. He's too busy drinking away his sorrows using the money that was never his to begin with. I get that what he's going through is terrible, but when you and your brother are the oldest in the family and you have to take responsibility for 6 total family members, I expect some maturity. But obviously CVs just made his character seem like a spineless wimp because they need to make Kabir the hero so.... 

Thirdly, even Sonali and Jay...are they attempting to look for a parttime job? In the part of the world where NOT everybody is born privileged, MOST students (dunno how it works in india, but it's definitely this way in North America) have to work part-time jobs. I myself currently am studying in university, working part-time and doing research on the side. Maybe I missed this part, but have Sonali and Jay even tried job searching...? Because they sure as hell are old enough to be contributing to their family.........

A lot of good points, you made. 

1. Coming to the first point, yes that's what is making me sooooo angry. how can the Senior Mittals not feel an iota of guilt? Like you said, I think the CVs are trying to whitewash the Senior Mittals. But if they think after showing us flashbacks of Suman and Dadaji supervising the fire that burnt down three innocent people, we are going to sympathize with the Senior Mittals......fat chance. 

Another reason CVs might be brushing Senior Mittal's crimes under the carpet, is to give Kabir a valid reason to battle Jahnvi. He wants to get his home and property back, which was earned by his Dadaji. Fair enough. But if he finds out that his Dadaji supported PK in his crime, then his thirst for revenge against Pooja might dwindle. I am not saying Kabir will send his aged grandpa and mother to jail, but at least he would try to tone down the petty games with Pooja. 

I feel the obfuscation of the Senior Mittals is solely to legitimize Kabir's actions against Pooja.

2. As for Dhruv, currently for me, he is the most consistent character. I totally expected him to react like a Devdas. From where I see it, Dhruv was always weak. He could not stand up for his own mother, when PK slapped her, he even convinced Kabir to lie about the widow welfare thing for his father. 

I think of his two sons PK always preferred Kabir. That must have internally made Dhruv jealous. Kabir, however, rebelled against his father. Dhruv was never bright or enterprising or smart. He himself told Jahnvi, how grateful he is that she is in his life, because he can never stand up to PK, but thankfully PK listens to her. Dhruv, in reality is nothing without his father's name. Kabir has his own identity as an army man. Dhruv? Nothing. If Dhruv was born into a middle class family, I doubt he would have been successful. This is also one of the reasons I think JanRuv would never work out. Jahnvi never respected Dhruv, and Pooja would mock him. 

Now that Dhruv no longer has PK's name to rely upon, he is nothing. His only two "achievements" in life was being PK's son, which gave him a home, a job, wealth, etc, and being Jahnvi's husband, because he, himself mentioned so many times that he couldn't believe he was married to a woman like Jahnvi. 

Now that both are gone, he doesn't know what to do. I dunno I always found Dhruv personality less, and weak against his father. But this is just my pov. 

3. Jai and Sonali.....actually in India getting part-time jobs is tough, and most of us complete education from school to college on our parents money or loans. So, I can see why Jai and Sonali don't work. But chalo, at least, Jai sold his watch, so he realizes that they need money. I just hope he doesn't while away all that money on his "parties". Currently, he seems most annoyed by his change in lifestyle. Sonali seems to be coping much better.