Posted: 4 years ago

So after giving almost 2 weeks to this revamped version, I m here to give my views.

Jhanvi's outburst while throwing the Mittal family out was on point. Shrenu was great in that scene. I loved how merciless she was. I liked how ishaani felt bad for kabeer n how she tried to stop jhanvi from harming him.

In the episode of PK's death, shrenu, Zain n ayub all were amazing. I absolutely loved pk n jhanvi's tashan before he died. That composed yet angry tashan suits both the actors👏

I m glad jhanvi didn't kill PK herself, nor the typical drama of somebody accusing kabeer of pushing PK happened. I m totally missing PK in the show. His scenes with jhanvi n kabeer used to be super fun to watch.

I loved pooja's scenes as a lonely girl after her sole sister left her, she had everything in her hands, she had achieved everything that she desired all her life yet she wasn't happy but wanted to be happy now. Shrenu did that part well as well, the almost psychotic behaviour was perfectly done. I was so happy with the show till this point n then started the disappointment.

Kabeer had completely accepted the faults of his dad, he was going to make PK admit to them in the police station, but PK already died n got his due. Even after his father's death, his family's difficulties, kabeer had sympathy for pooja n what she had to bear in the childhood due to his dad. He was ready to give up on everything, all he wanted was a roof on his family's heads. He might as well have left respectfully had pooja simply rejected, but the way she refused to him has caused him take this revenge now. I was totally fine with jhanvi humiliating PK, Suman, chachi or daadu because they did cause her dad that humiliation, but doing this to kabeer or dhruv is a big no no. I had this fear that pooja sharma might turn obnoxious n I was so right! She gives me creeps with her behaviour. Enough of that walking over things or kicking things n all, makers... enough! If the FLs being treated as doormats is wrong, then such so called queening of FL is wrong at the same levels too. Her behaviour suits a lady trying to seduce her husband inside a bedroom with her dominance n kinky actions. She can continue her torture by ways like giving him a worker's job n all. But her current behaviour is really obnoxious n thats why currently I feel zero sympathy for her or her troubled childhood or her loneliness n longing for her sister or anything. (I know Rani is back with her now). Her actions need to be toned down before people forget her painful childhood n feel no sympathy for her, rather for the mittals. Because as of now, kabeer is only settling the scores, he isn't picking up any fight by himself. So yeah, I m biased towards him now.

Only good thing about the story is they r showing pooja is not expert in business n is nervous about how she'll handle it. That's realistic... hope they take it ahead gradually.

Coming to the wardrobe, damn I m missing jhanvi look now, the one that I didn't like much. What horrid clothes n makeup they r giving her🤢 That awful sleeves wala blazer n then that cheap quality jacket n now that ill-fitting jumpsuit....and no comments on the horrible eye make up and on ur face fake hair extensions!!! And what's with the obsession with those gowdy chokers??? The stylist needs to be fired right away. Whoever u r, please understand the body type of shrenu n design the dresses for her accordingly. She would look amazing in short Kurtis or skirts etc which r not too body hugging. She is short n not too skinny, don't give her clothes that r suitable for a tall sexy babe. N don't hide her natural beauty under those vampish wings eye liner, fgs!!

Hoping too see a classy boss babe in upcoming episodes n not a cheap obnoxious lady...both character n lookswise.

Yes Pooja is looking more like a vamp than the heroine of the show....and she’s also behaving like a vamp...viewers need to fall in love with the heroine of the show ...hope they improve on her look...they need to reduce her makeup, soften her features up a bit and give her some attractive clothes,..You know in Naamkarann, Avni had about 5 different looks ..that all suited the track of the story ..and they got every look to be spot on with what was happening in the storyline...the rebellious revenge seeking ananya, the sexy newly wed Avni, the jail track, poor sad Avni post leap...Well. mahesh Byatt is a Bollywood director/ producer so he knew exactly how the show should move forward...and how the characters should come across..but here in EBSS..the makers seem to be struggling in all areas..

Originally posted by Indira1211

Yes Pooja is looking more like a vamp than the heroine of the show....and she’s also behaving like a vamp...viewers need to fall in love with the heroine of the show ...hope they improve on her look...they need to reduce her makeup, soften her features up a bit and give her some attractive clothes,..You know in Naamkarann, Avni had about 5 different looks ..that all suited the track of the story ..and they got every look to be spot on with what was happening in the storyline...the rebellious revenge seeking ananya, the sexy newly wed Avni, the jail track, poor sad Avni post leap...Well. mahesh Byatt is a Bollywood director/ producer so he knew exactly how the show should move forward...and how the characters should come across..but here in EBSS..the makers seem to be struggling in all areas..

Avni's dressing was gorgeous except for last few days. Her first look was simple yet badass, her sarees n those blouses were stylish n sexy yet didn't look cheap, in jail look she looked sad, cute, depressed all at a time n it evoked sympathy in the viewers, we could feel her helplessness yet her sharp mind at work, post leap her look oozed out that maturity u gain with age n experience, her naive n fearful personality n Aditi carried all these outfits beautifully.

It is the job of stylist to design the kind of outfits that suits the body of actor, personality of the character n that an actor can carry well. Everything about EBSS is in a confused state. They r giving their best but since the story pattern n characters' behaviour itself is subject to trp, the stylist too can't work definitely. Styling is the biggest factor of character sketch n they should take care of that. I feel shrenu can carry simple n a little loose outfits better, they should stick to that. There's no need of zabardasti making her look stylish to show some swag. Jhanvi too showed the needed swag in her classy sarees.

Naamkarann ki baat aa hi gayi hai toh one more thing it reminds me...they should stop that "watching you" sign at the drop of the hat😒 No copyright it is, but it is Neil khanna thing damn it😐

Also, I m glad they have not taken a route of kabeer healing pooja's childhood scars with his goodness n helping her take off the baggage. I would have been mighty pissed if Neil-Avni things would have repeated. I m good with this revenge Vs revenge only.

Edited by krithi1990 - 4 years ago

Originally posted by IFLove

So after giving almost 2 weeks to this revamped version, I m here to give my views.

Jhanvi's outburst while throwing the Mittal family out was on point. Shrenu was great in that scene. I loved how merciless she was. I liked how ishaani felt bad for kabeer n how she tried to stop jhanvi from harming him.

In the episode of PK's death, shrenu, Zain n ayub all were amazing. I absolutely loved pk n jhanvi's tashan before he died. That composed yet angry tashan suits both the actors👏

I m glad jhanvi didn't kill PK herself, nor the typical drama of somebody accusing kabeer of pushing PK happened. I m totally missing PK in the show. His scenes with jhanvi n kabeer used to be super fun to watch.

I loved pooja's scenes as a lonely girl after her sole sister left her, she had everything in her hands, she had achieved everything that she desired all her life yet she wasn't happy but wanted to be happy now. Shrenu did that part well as well, the almost psychotic behaviour was perfectly done. I was so happy with the show till this point n then started the disappointment.

Kabeer had completely accepted the faults of his dad, he was going to make PK admit to them in the police station, but PK already died n got his due. Even after his father's death, his family's difficulties, kabeer had sympathy for pooja n what she had to bear in the childhood due to his dad. He was ready to give up on everything, all he wanted was a roof on his family's heads. He might as well have left respectfully had pooja simply rejected, but the way she refused to him has caused him take this revenge now. I was totally fine with jhanvi humiliating PK, Suman, chachi or daadu because they did cause her dad that humiliation, but doing this to kabeer or dhruv is a big no no. I had this fear that pooja sharma might turn obnoxious n I was so right! She gives me creeps with her behaviour. Enough of that walking over things or kicking things n all, makers... enough! If the FLs being treated as doormats is wrong, then such so called queening of FL is wrong at the same levels too. Her behaviour suits a lady trying to seduce her husband inside a bedroom with her dominance n kinky actions. She can continue her torture by ways like giving him a worker's job n all. But her current behaviour is really obnoxious n thats why currently I feel zero sympathy for her or her troubled childhood or her loneliness n longing for her sister or anything. (I know Rani is back with her now). Her actions need to be toned down before people forget her painful childhood n feel no sympathy for her, rather for the mittals. Because as of now, kabeer is only settling the scores, he isn't picking up any fight by himself. So yeah, I m biased towards him now.

Only good thing about the story is they r showing pooja is not expert in business n is nervous about how she'll handle it. That's realistic... hope they take it ahead gradually.

Coming to the wardrobe, damn I m missing jhanvi look now, the one that I didn't like much. What horrid clothes n makeup they r giving her🤢 That awful sleeves wala blazer n then that cheap quality jacket n now that ill-fitting jumpsuit....and no comments on the horrible eye make up and on ur face fake hair extensions!!! And what's with the obsession with those gowdy chokers??? The stylist needs to be fired right away. Whoever u r, please understand the body type of shrenu n design the dresses for her accordingly. She would look amazing in short Kurtis or skirts etc which r not too body hugging. She is short n not too skinny, don't give her clothes that r suitable for a tall sexy babe. N don't hide her natural beauty under those vampish wings eye liner, fgs!!

Hoping too see a classy boss babe in upcoming episodes n not a cheap obnoxious lady...both character n lookswise.

My perception towards pooja and Kabir characters completely differs from yours. 

I think Kabir asked the house for his family when she was burning pk's cut- outs. I could feel that what might be her mental status on that time. Almost she failed in her revenge . She couldn't kill PK by her hands. So that she burnt his cutouts.  She didn't like to see PK family again. She clearly told Kabir that he couldn't expect anything from her except the insults. She explained Kabir A to z of his family persons activities in her daddy's murder and her every words denoted him that she didn't want to see the mittals again. But he challenged her. 

Now she is insulting him as much as possible to make him leave the job. I can't find any fault in Pooja's actions. Her only aim is remove Kabir from her path. Pooja can not behave smoothly with the supporters of senior mittals. If anyone may be in the place of jaanvi,  he/she will also behave like Pooja. 

Originally posted by IFLove

Avni's dressing was gorgeous except for last few days. Her first look was simple yet badass, her sarees n those blouses were stylish n sexy yet didn't look cheap, in jail look she looked sad, cute, depressed all at a time n it evoked sympathy in the viewers, we could feel her helplessness yet her sharp mind at work, post leap her look oozed out that maturity u gain with age n experience, her naive n fearful personality n Aditi carried all these outfits beautifully.

It is the job of stylist to design the kind of outfits that suits the body of actor, personality of the character n that an actor can carry well. Everything about EBSS is in a confused state. They r giving their best but since the story pattern n characters' behaviour itself is subject to trp, the stylist too can't work definitely. Styling is the biggest factor of character sketch n they should take care of that. I feel shrenu can carry simple n a little loose outfits better, they should stick to that. There's no need of zabardasti making her look stylish to show some swag. Jhanvi too showed the needed swag in her classy sarees.

Naamkarann ki baat aa hi gayi hai toh one more thing it reminds me...they should stop that "watching you" sign at the drop of the hat😒 No copyright it is, but it is Neil khanna thing damn it😐

Also, I m glad they have not taken a route of kabeer healing pooja's childhood scars with his goodness n helping her take off the baggage. I would have been mighty pissed if Neil-Avni things would have repeated. I m good with this revenge Vs revenge only.

that watching you sign that Kabir and Pooja doing is getting stale because they are over doing it,..they did the jump so quickly from Kabir and Pooja having this respectful relationship to this Tashan thing..that it’s a bit hard to digest, also that music they play for Pooja and jaanvi is also getting stale because they do it too often ..I think once in the episode is fine ...but not everytime she speaks to someone...and back to Naamkarann..I think those drab dresses Avni wore at the end of the show was to show her as sad and down ..after having lost everything she ever cared about,,.she was miserable .and they dressed Neil the same,.from being smart and stylish,.they made him dress like ..he just threw on whatever he could find..so their clothes kind of depicted their emotional state...sad and miserable..Although we viewers hated it,.

Originally posted by Indira1211

that watching you sign that Kabir and Pooja doing is getting stale because they are over doing it,..they did the jump so quickly from Kabir and Pooja having this respectful relationship to this Tashan thing..that it’s a bit hard to digest, also that music they play for Pooja and jaanvi is also getting stale because they do it too often ..I think once in the episode is fine ...but not everytime she speaks to someone...and back to Naamkarann..I think those drab dresses Avni wore at the end of the show was to show her as sad and down ..after having lost everything she ever cared about,,.she was miserable .and they dressed Neil the same,.from being smart and stylish,.they made him dress like ..he just threw on whatever he could find..so their clothes kind of depicted their emotional state...sad and miserable..Although we viewers hated it,.

Bold: Most annoying thing ever.

I hated namkaran when they were showing little avni get tortured. 

It was bearable only after the leap. You are spot on about the clothes and the moods of the characters. But then it came from the Bhatts.

Originally posted by Amy142

Bold: Most annoying thing ever.

I hated namkaran when they were showing little avni get tortured. 

It was bearable only after the leap. You are spot on about the clothes and the moods of the characters. But then it came from the Bhatts.

yes Naamkarann....was very intense and very sad,, Gosh we used to cry while watching almost every episode...little Avnis story was sad and then the 10 leap when Avni and Neil separated was even more sad... 

Originally posted by krithi1990

My perception towards pooja and Kabir characters completely differs from yours. 

I think Kabir asked the house for his family when she was burning pk's cut- outs. I could feel that what might be her mental status on that time. Almost she failed in her revenge . She couldn't kill PK by her hands. So that she burnt his cutouts.  She didn't like to see PK family again. She clearly told Kabir that he couldn't expect anything from her except the insults. She explained Kabir A to z of his family persons activities in her daddy's murder and her every words denoted him that she didn't want to see the mittals again. But he challenged her. 

Now she is insulting him as much as possible to make him leave the job. I can't find any fault in Pooja's actions. Her only aim is remove Kabir from her path. Pooja can not behave smoothly with the supporters of senior mittals. If anyone may be in the place of jaanvi,  he/she will also behave like Pooja. 

For once, kabeer is not a supporter of senior mittals. He has been against PK even before this pooja story was revealed to him n pooja very well knows that. In this particular matter as well, he has not supported PK ever. He didn't support his mom chachi n daadu too, he accepts that they all were wrong but only tried to reason out their actions. He only requested her to return their house which they rightfully owned because it was built by his daadu and not out of ashok Sharma's money as pooja claimed. He requested. And she could simply reject it. Because she threw that chillar n all the stuff, he has realised she has no good heart left n he has to play tit for tat if he wants his house back n hence he challenged. Till that point he had full sympathy for her n was ready to bring justice to her.

I like her mind games n her revenge n all. But I hate it when she does it obnoxiously. Like ruining his certificates was ok, kicking that bag on his face was not. Giving him workers uniform was ok, stamping on it was not. He was anyways not going to get a job since she had ruined his certificates, throwing mud on his face n clothes was not needed. Such unnecessary steps are making her cheap n irritating, her mind games would make her smart n classy.

If been in her place, anyone but me can behave like this! 

Yes the Bhatts kept the last leap sad all the way thru and showed an abrupt happy ending in NK.  I wish they had shown some happiness.   NK was a superb show.  I still get hooked on watching either VMs or clips.   Both Zain and Aditi had something very special in that show.  I still miss that show.

But coming back to EBBS so far the leap is good.  I like the tashan between  Kabir and Pooja but I hope they don't make it romantic.