•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

SPM~ MyMusings~ 4.7.19  Fall to pieces!

Although the episode is laced with betrayal, deceit, backstabbing, mudslinging and blowing things out of proportion. For me the two most wronged people by their own people are Saltanat and Mainjaan. Mainjaan literally shows signs of distraught at the manner in which his family name is slurred publicly. Zaroon’s and Saltanat’s bold step and then the pregnancy news makes him fall from power! He looks to be losing his own authority  and power, within his community .

Saltanat suffers the pain of falling from grace. Despite clarifying the misunderstanding of her pregnancy report, seconded by Preeti  she feels she declines in her virtuous character.  Saltanat’s clarification holds no  significance before Mainjaan. Her words to Mainjaan are poignant, as she pleads that he seems to have lost faith in all his own teachings he gave her. It means a lot to her, that she has lost all faith and trust in his eyes..

It’s clear they fall out with each other. Her truth makes no difference to him.. she loses credibility in his eyes. In the recent past, both Zaroon and Saltanat  have failed to come clean with Mainjaan , so no matter how they defend themselves, or have people to defend them. Mainjaan only sees them both, more so Saltanat, as one who has fallen out of line with his teachings. To me, now he has serious doubts even when she speaks the truth.. It’s sad to see that Mainjaan, fails to dispense forgiveness to them… losing face means so much to him.

Mainjaan is bitter at their love shenanigans .. it’s cost him a rude fall in his power that he holds in the family and the community at large. It’s not just saving his good name, it’s the clout his ancestors held in and around the dargah. Saltanat and Zaroon disgraced  him. now it seems he has  his fallen on his face.

Saltanat,  falls from grace before all the public  present. Shows how fragile a woman’s reputation is, one step out of line and all jump on the band wagon to pull her character to pieces. As a woman she appears vulnerable. Mamoon too blames Saltanat  for her promiscuity and conveniently ignores his son’s input.its like being a man Zaroon  he gets away with..it

I found the episode morally discouraging. Zaroon and Saltanat both try to protect Mainjaan’s respectability and revered  name. Both could have used Mainjaan’s influential name  and sought themselves some small favours to get by. Right from the beginning of the episode, Zaroon comes clean about their monetary situation. Preeti and Ashok,relate to their elopement with their own past action. Saltanat and Zaroon learn, that total strangers accept them with their predicaments , in fact give their defence to clear Saltanat’s pregnancy misgiving..

But I’ts their very own head of the family. Mainjaan who breaks their trust into pieces! and orders them to be literally  thrown out of the precincts of his Shah territory. He wants to distance the family from them.. 

I feel Dadi making mockery  and public humiliation of Mainjaan , turns him furious!! enough to expel them from the area! His take of both living  together without being married as being totally unacceptable! In his faith, values and traditions.

Mainjaan only sees what his community at large sees!  His ancestors name being smeared by the mud ! at their living arrangements. Saltanat in particular ,as Kainat puts it, makes away with  her sister’s would be husband Zaroon . Abominable !

What he fails to see is the plotting , conniving and deception Sabina and Kainat, Dadi  undertake to make both Mainjaan and Saltanat lose face before the community!

There is a sly, uneasy , under cover, mutiny going on within Mainjaan’s family. Its like  a house of cards ready to fall any minute, by her mistaken pregnancy, and her leaving the family house with zaroom .

Dadi spares no moment  at taunting and scoffing her other side foes, Rubina and Nadeem!Mainjaan’s paternal connections. She is jealous and covets Mainjaan’s power and legacy!

The  irony of her so called pregnancy is that even before the report was negated Zaroon had complete  trust in Saltanat’s purity.  But Mainjaan knowing her since childhood,completely dismisses her truth, as her excuse  to win back his favour. Without a doubt Mainjaan in the wake of recent events is so badly shaken, that  he turns rigid to show the community that hedoes not support defilement of  the sanctity of marriage .That  people have to follow norms set up by faith and traditional values. Members of his family are no exception.As a man of credibility he has to be stern and fair.

Mainjaan though, might be too dictatorial ; even when Zaroon announces before all, that in upholding the traditional and faith values,  Saltanat and him will be having a court  marriage..

Will all mothers appeal to Mainjaan to give them his blessings for a traditional marriage between Zaroon and Saltanat? Will MainJaan  give his blessings?

Kainat was all smiles at adding oil to the fuel of burning Saltanat’s good name.. although her fun is  cut short by Saltanat  clariyting the error. Still  Kainat has her  fun ! It’s the fact that Zaroon and Saltanat  are having a court marriage that shocsk will go ahead  in the  court without Mainjaan ? Is Kainat likely to sabotage their marriage ceremony?

Overall it’s the wicked getting away with their misdeeds under cover. And the virtuous going through pain..  

ThanksLonelythots, Irshita  for your engagingthoughts.. love hammie

Edited by Hamlet53 - 4 years ago

Hey Hammie!

I was so engulfed in this Twitter-IF feud, I forgot to give you the TRP update. The TRP is 0.4. Its official. SaRoon are NOT a TRP favourite. This show and all the characters in it are NOT a TRP favourite. I can't help but pity the actors. They are trying their best to uphold the terrible script that they are given. 

Since I am here anyways, I decided to read your post. Great analysis, as always. I am so shocked at what I just read. SaRoon want to live together without marriage? Is this a joke? What are makers doing? Do these people know what "sufiyana" means? Sufi means spiritually related to God. Since this show has such a massive Islamic backdrop, it is haraam to have a live-in relationship in Islam. I'm not even talking about a sexual relationship. It is forbidden for a boy and a girl to live together without a mahram present. Is this what makers consider Sufiyana love? Its such an insult to the purity of love. 

MJ, a traditional Islamic head, is supposed to support this? Should he have decorated the bed for them to celebrate the next step of their relationship? Is he supposed to bless the couple in the next chapter of their lives? How ridiculous does this sound!!! Of course, he would make a big deal. He is the head of the Shah family and how is he supposed to stay quiet when the children of his house are committing such a blatant sin according to Islamic standards? 

Shah family did what Shah family does best: embarrassing each other in public places. Who needs enemies when you have a family like this? SaRoon have humiliated MJ twice in public settings and stained his respect. MJ has humiliated SaRoon in public by questioning their characters (AKA their respect). The standards are the same for all characters. SaRoon got a taste of their own medicine and they deserve it. What goes around comes back around. MJ, on the other hand, should have done this privately. Ultimately, it is  his respect that is destroyed by this blasphemous live-in relationship. Society will obviously blame his upbringing for the mistakes of the children. Basically, MJ got his revenge today from the Sufiyana couple for the embarrassment he endured due to their "love". He didn't mean to but his outrage got the best of him. 

Lets just summarize the 3 leads:

Kainat: A traditional Islamic girl turned into a kidnapper, murderer and psychopath. No ounce of goodness left in her so religion is officially renounced. 

Saltanat: A modern, semi-traditional girl is open to being in a live-in relationship. This move destroys what little traditionalism that was shown in Saltanat. No pious Islamic girl would agree to this. Saltanat is officially on the modern end of the spectrum. She cannot be considered to have traditional roots if she goes forward with this. Seriously, makers? At least, treat your main female lead properly. 

Zaroon: He was always selfish in his love. He is still the same. No growth, whatsoever. He is a Canadian who wasn't shown to have many traditional values to begin with so this live-in relationship is on par with his character. 

At least, MJ is still a follower of Islam. He should've done his confrontation privately but other than that, his reaction was predictable. This is how any traditional elder would react. 

I want to end with saying that TRP comes from the main couple because they are what attract the viewers. SaRoon have shown to be incapable of fetching TRP. The only other TRP trick makers have left is to expose Kainat. If this track also doesn't fetch any TRP, SPM is doomed. Once Kainat is exposed, what else is there to show? Its no longer surprising how miserably SPM is failing on the TRP charts. The fans just have to wait for the show to die a slow and painful death. 

Hello hammie, 

Quite an eventful episode after the lull.. 

the highlight of the episode was kainaat falling on her face with Sabina chuckling away and the “buri nazar wale tera muh kaala”.. 

Dadi is a true player.. she plays her cards well as and when she gets a chance appropriately.. unfortunately Mamoon despite having a single minded focus of inheritance just like dadi is just not utilized properly by the writers. No action and only anger.. with the turn of events, should he not be actually trying to get zaroon back on the pedestal that he once was in miajaan’s eyes. Yes sultanat’s confession did ruin his dreams but is there a point blaming her now? 

Coming to miajaan.. his anger at his grand-children for their actions that have led to his fall from grace in the community is justified. Also his words that society at every single opportunity is going to keep tarnishing sultanat’s image also holds true and also that he is no more young to tolerate and see his family’s honor being dragged to dust.. but what I don’t understand is that he has had enough time to sort out his emotions but has not clearly reached a practical solution.. to keep them away from the house is understandable but why not get them married and have them fend for themselves later? And yes the dargah belongs to him but how can he order the saxena’s to throw saroon out of their dwelling? 

I am not fond of public airing of dirty laundry in tv shows but this show specializes in such events. Why didn’T Mia Jaan bring them home before giving them his piece of mind? 

Saroon came across as much nobler characters than before. I think Zaroon may not care about family izzat type stuff personally but will tow the line for Sultanat’s sake.

Enjoyed Dadi’s shenanigans the most. Ek bar phir shaadi drama coming up! Hopefully it happens this time.

The show needs to pick up pace. Even though this episode was full of drama, the overall pace sucks.

originally posted by Arshian

Hey Hammie!  hello was wondering where you got to regards the Trps... good to see you  posted them

I was so engulfed in this Twitter-IF feud, I forgot to give you the TRP update. The TRP is 0.4. Its official. SaRoon are NOT a TRP favourite. This show and all the characters in it are NOT a TRP favourite. I can't help but pity the actors. They are trying their best to uphold the terrible script that they are given. 

lets see what next week shows.. now that saltanat and zaroon are  a declared love pair..  regards the script.. the lead pair's script is beginning to show some substance.. in keeping with the situation they are in

Since I am here anyways, I decided to read your post. Great analysis, as always. I am so shocked at what I just read. SaRoon want to live together without marriage? Is this a joke? What are makers doing? Do these people know what "sufiyana" means? Sufi means spiritually related to God. Since this show has such a massive Islamic backdrop, it is haraam to have a live-in relationship in Islam. I'm not even talking about a sexual relationship. It is forbidden for a boy and a girl to live together without a mahram present. Is this what makers consider Sufiyana love? Its such an insult to the purity of love. 

well.. currently  that's how it looks.. they are unmarried, so what  is society read into  it.. perhaps  abroad its acceptable.. but where they are a lot of questions will be asked about thier status..  Arshian, before Zaroon did warn him , that its ok to  take Saltanat with him.. but the reality is the world out there will frown at thier bond..  

MJ, a traditional Islamic head, is supposed to support this? Should he have decorated the bed for them to celebrate the next step of their relationship? Is he supposed to bless the couple in the next chapter of their lives? How ridiculous does this sound!!! Of course, he would make a big deal. He is the head of the Shah family and how is he supposed to stay quiet when the children of his house are committing such a blatant sin according to Islamic standards? 

yes my heart went out to them.. all those years he protected the good name of his ancestors,, followed his faith devoutly.. is a symbol of moral gudiance and advice.. his own younger generation  depower him..

Shah family did what Shah family does best: embarrassing each other in public places. Who needs enemies when you have a family like this? SaRoon have humiliated MJ twice in public settings and stained his respect. MJ has humiliated SaRoon in public by questioning their characters (AKA their respect). The standards are the same for all characters. SaRoon got a taste of their own medicine and they deserve it. What goes around comes back around. MJ, on the other hand, should have done this privately. Ultimately, it is  his respect that is destroyed by this blasphemous live-in relationship. Society will obviously blame his upbringing for the mistakes of the children. Basically, MJ got his revenge today from the Sufiyana couple for the embarrassment he endured due to their "love". He didn't mean to but his outrage got the best of him. 

well said.. what a shame.. to be stabbed in the back by one's own family..one's kin is meant to be trustworthy.. but like you said, not within the Shah's there is  internal  undercover fighting.. all the respect Mainjaan always respected  dadi... and she has always begrudged the fact that the assests usually go the paternal side..

Lets just summarize the 3 leads:

Kainat: A traditional Islamic girl turned into a kidnapper, murderer and psychopath. No ounce of goodness left in her so religion is officially renounced. 

yes.. her prayers  were unanswered so for the moment she is also taking out her angst at her god..

Saltanat: A modern, semi-traditional girl is open to being in a live-in relationship. This move destroys what little traditionalism that was shown in Saltanat. No pious Islamic girl would agree to this. Saltanat is officially on the modern end of the spectrum. She cannot be considered to have traditional roots if she goes forward with this. Seriously, makers? At least, treat your main female lead properly. 

Arshian, in one way  the writers are tackling a sterotypical issue.. that a pious girl, changes into  dark character... and a modern girl  is shown as a caring and good hearted.. only problem is Cv's take both girls to the extremes of thier characters.. as a result both end up type cast.. Overall neither sister shows loyalty to the family they were brought up in. Both gave grief to Mainjaan.. the man who nurtured  them.

Zaroon: He was always selfish in his love. He is still the same. No growth, whatsoever. He is a Canadian who wasn't shown to have many traditional values to begin with so this live-in relationship is on par with his character. 

I cannot see Zaroon as  a spirtual head of the dargah.. see him quite in congrous   where locals issues are concerned..  as for his wooing tactics.. his touchy feely actions, yearning to hear love you from her.. seemed shallow to me 

At least, MJ is still a follower of Islam. He should've done his confrontation privately but other than that, his reaction was predictable. This is how any traditional elder would react. 

as a guardian, an elders, the poor soul is wondering where he went wrong..? thing is he gave them umpteenth chances to speak theur minds.. he feels cheated..

I want to end with saying that TRP comes from the main couple because they are what attract the viewers. SaRoon have shown to be incapable of fetching TRP. The only other TRP trick makers have left is to expose Kainat. If this track also doesn't fetch any TRP, SPM is doomed. Once Kainat is exposed, what else is there to show? Its no longer surprising how miserably SPM is failing on the TRP charts. The fans just have to wait for the show to die a slow and painful death

yes hate to agree , but the main  pair  does pull viewers  in the main.. I am here to  see   more of  Kainat.. currently she is only being seen in the shadows..i.e back ground..

Arshian thanks  for your very interesting comment.. great read.. listen, do pop by and share or vent  your thoughts  on my musings,  .  much love hammie

originally posted by  Lonelythots

Hello hammie,  hello  lonelythots,good to see you

Quite an eventful episode after the lull.. 

we anticipated it would be interesting 

the highlight of the episode was kainaat falling on her face with Sabina chuckling away and the “buri nazar wale tera muh kaala”.. 

🤣 yes that was a bit of comic relief coming from the cvs... but yes it was so meant for Kainat's misdeed

Dadi is a true player.. she plays her cards well as and when she gets a chance appropriately.. unfortunately Mamoon despite having a single minded focus of inheritance just like dadi is just not utilized properly by the writers. No action and only anger.. with the turn of events, should he not be actually trying to get zaroon back on the pedestal that he once was in miajaan’s eyes. Yes sultanat’s confession did ruin his dreams but is there a point blaming her now? 

dadi I figure has always been envious of the power and respect Mainjaan holds.. remember they live quite closely, as opposed to Mamoon who is just a visitor.. Dadi's covetnous  has been ingrained, she also probably hates her son Jan mohammed misses out on the inheritance as he is not mainjaan's son but a son in law.. Also jan mohammed was not greedy like her but content  in what little he has.. that's why dadi primed Humza.. now that seems to be falling through..  So when ever dadi gets the chance, she taunts Mainjaan through scoffing at his son's offsprings..

Coming to miajaan.. his anger at his grand-children for their actions that have led to his fall from grace in the community is justified. Also his words that society at every single opportunity is going to keep tarnishing sultanat’s image also holds true and also that he is no more young to tolerate and see his family’s honor being dragged to dust.. but what I don’t understand is that he has had enough time to sort out his emotions but has not clearly reached a practical solution.. to keep them away from the house is understandable but why not get them married and have them fend for themselves later? And yes the dargah belongs to him but how can he order the saxena’s to throw saroon out of their dwelling? 

Mainjaan  thinks that the saxena's may be under pressure  to give Saltanat and zaroon  tenancy due to respect and regard  they hold for his person..

it's sad he wants them out of his sight!the more people see them together, especially  in his area.. the more tongues will wag.. 

it will not be so easy for Mainjaan  to give  consent  for thier marriage..as Kainat's issue is still hanging unresolved. Clearly, Kainat will get up to no good,regards saltanat/zaroon forthcoming  marriage..

thanks mate for an interesting comment.. love hammie

Originally posted by Irshita

hello Irshita😊 

I am not fond of public airing of dirty laundry in tv shows but this show specializes in such events. Why didn’T Mia Jaan bring them home before giving them his piece of mind? 

courtesy of Kainat via dadi.. he found out where they were putting  up. so that's when he went for them. yes.. before that Mainjaan did not go after them when they left.. I guess it happened so fast. Things were said in anger.. now we can see the outcome..

Saroon came across as much nobler characters than before. I think Zaroon may not care about family izzat type stuff personally but will tow the line for Sultanat’s sake.

well , he will stand by her, she too likewise left her home, family for him, so he'd better beside her.

Enjoyed Dadi’s shenanigans the most. Ek bar phir shaadi drama coming up! Hopefully it happens this time.

Dadi is such an old battle axe! the way she did her disabled bhangra made me laugh... as for her zabaan.. its caustic!

The show needs to pick up pace. Even though this episode was full of drama, the overall pace sucks.

well at least we know that  yet another marriage  is coming  up where the dhula dulhan are both raazi.. but whether Kainat is? we have yet to see.. my personal appeal to cvs is get the lead pair married.. just get on with it!

thanks Irshita for  sharing your views.. love hammie

Originally posted by Arshian14

I want to end with saying that TRP comes from the main couple because they are what attract the viewers. SaRoon have shown to be incapable of fetching TRP. The only other TRP trick makers have left is to expose Kainat. If this track also doesn't fetch any TRP, SPM is doomed. Once Kainat is exposed, what else is there to show? Its no longer surprising how miserably SPM is failing on the TRP charts. The fans just have to wait for the show to die a slow and painful death. 

Hello Arshian, 

Just sharing my views on this show keeping the current events in mind.. Obviously, I can’t speak for the majority of the trp viewers.. 

I feel Kainaat as a character is done and dusted. Saroon have United. The Inkaar se Ikraar ka safar of theirs is complete. What was promoted is finished.. her so called psycho like scenes do not add value to the show. Some lame vampgiri is what she is getting. all her attempts only fail.. so clearly her exposure is also going to be boring with her current characteristics.. generally a vamp exposure in any show is interesting cuz the vamp is powerful , winning and the lead has to defeat her. Here till now, kainaat’s all plans only fail!! 

The family dynamics.. the family history.. inheritance feud is what holds my interest now. I see potential in almost all the supporting characters, if the writers explore, that is.. saroon story will have to be intertwined with all this and they will survive.. 

Originally posted by Lonelythots

Hello Arshian, 

Just sharing my views on this show keeping the current events in mind.. Obviously, I can’t speak for the majority of the trp viewers.. 

I feel Kainaat as a character is done and dusted. Saroon have United. The Inkaar se Ikraar ka safar of theirs is complete. What was promoted is finished.. her so called psycho like scenes do not add value to the show. Some lame vampgiri is what she is getting. all her attempts only fail.. so clearly her exposure is also going to be boring with her current characteristics.. generally a vamp exposure in any show is interesting cuz the vamp is powerful , winning and the lead has to defeat her. Here till now, kainaat’s all plans only fail!! 

The family dynamics.. the family history.. inheritance feud is what holds my interest now. I see potential in almost all the supporting characters, if the writers explore, that is.. saroon story will have to be intertwined with all this and they will survive.. 

How right you are, lonelythots. The TRP audiences aren't showing interest in this show. The main story arc is very cliched. The makers are trying to balance SaRoon and the family dynamics but I feel they are tipping more to the SaRoon side of things and keeping Kainat as the black shadow that will forever follow them. They are the main 3 leads so focusing on these 3 makes sense. I'm afraid the family dynamics will always play second fiddle. 

The story is becoming less intriguing day by day and makers are running out of options. Considering how the story is progressing, the writers have 3 main story plots to win TRP:

1) SaRoon accept each other: This was the main premise of the show and they got here way too quickly without giving any substance to their love. TRP audiences have rejected this. 

2) Kainat exposure: A promo of Kainat getting exposed and punished may intrigue viewers. TRP audiences do like it when villains get punished. 

3) The inheritance: Maybe TRP audiences would like some friction between family members. They may not be SaRoon fans but they may enjoy some fights between family. Its pretty obvious Zaroon will get the inheritance as he is the lead but it all depends on how the makers show this. 

I am putting my money on #2. Villains getting their due is a great TRP booster so lets see if the makers continue to drag and lose more viewers or actually get on with the story.