Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

I Didn't know they would glorify the villian in DARR - Sunny Deol

RheaSingh thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Sunny Deol On Shah Rukh Khan & Darr Controversy: “Darr Isliye Hoga, Kyunki Unke Andar Koi Khot Thi”

Yash Chopra's psychological romantic thriller was received very well but it's majorly known for Shah's psychotic act.

By

Koimoi.com Team -

June 15, 2019

By now, most of the hardcore Bollywood followers know about the tussle happened between Shah Rukh Khan and Sunny Deol during the shoot of Darr. Yash Chopra’s psychological romantic thriller was received very well but it’s majorly known for Shah’s psychotic act. Sunny Deol, since then has displayed disinterest in any project having Shah Rukh Khan.

In the latest episode of Rajat Sharma’s Aap Ki Adalat, Sunny yet again has expressed his views on the whole Shah Rukh Khan-Darr scenario. In one of the videos released by Rajat, we can see Sunny very casually remembering the incident. He’s asked, “When you were shooting for Darr, everyone was scared of you?” To which Sunny laughed out and said, “I guess, they must be scared because they were wrong.”

Sunny Deol On Shah Rukh Khan & Darr Controversy: "Darr Isliye Hoga, Kyunki Unke Andar Koi Khot Thi" Sunny Deol On Shah Rukh Khan & Darr Controversy: “Darr Isliye Hoga, Kyunki Unke Andar Koi Khot Thi”

Check out the video here:

Rajat Sharma✔@RajatSharmaLive

'I did not speak to Shahrukh Khan @iamsrk for 16 years after that tiff on 'Darr' sets', Actor Sunny Deol @iamsunnydeol in #AapKiAdalat

Tomorrow Saturday night at 10 @indiatvnews pic.twitter.com/uERbsn2nDt

8:33 PM - Jun 14, 2019

143 people are talking about this

Trending

In a recent interview, Sunny told, “At the end of the day, people loved me in the film. They loved Shah Rukh Khan as well. My only issue with the film was that I did not know they would glorify the villain. I always work in films with an open heart and believe the person. I believe working with trust. Unfortunately, we have many actors and stars who don’t function in this manner. Maybe that’s the way they want to get their stardom.”

This wasn’t the first time Sunny remembered it, in 2001 in an interview with Filmfare, he said, “I’ll never work with Yash Chopra again. He isn’t a man of his words. I don’t have good memories about him, he betrayed my faith in him.”

https://www.koimoi.com/bollywood-news/sunny-deol-on-shah-rukh-khan-darr-controversy/?fbclid=IwAR0ndfVfGQrhTx7Z5okwrPQwMPb1KGsIOq2RTYxkFkC1BF9WPGyL0i77tog

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jeez stop being salty sunny. It was your fault that you just wanted to be in your comfortable zone and didn't take any risk and always played same role over and over being action hero  and trying to save heroine. Srk too risk and won the well deserved praise

Edited by Ronaldo_fan - 4 years ago
Guguminti thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I got irritated with him in the movie. SRK did win hearts and it wasn't about glorifying. I loved Ajay more than Salman in HDDCH but in real life I love bhai more. It's all about how u act and how Ppl get connected to u. Such a bitter soul he is. No wonder I never liked the Deol's.

Guguminti thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Ronaldo_fan

Jeez stop being salty sunny. It was your fault that you just wanted to be in your comfortable zone and didn't take any risk and always played same role over and over being action hero  and trying to save heroine. Srk too risk and won the well deserved praise

He risked at the starting of his career and he got the deserving praise. Even in Deewana Rishi was positive so was SRK but SRK Divya stole the show n Rishi can't be bitter about it. It's always the audience's choice so stop being in a delusional mode.

mystic786 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Lol what? Was he in the same film that we watched? 😂😂

SRK's character was NOT glorified in Darr. He was portrayed as a villain throughout. It is because SRK gave such an amazing performance that people still remember him and not Sunny, who (again) just played the quintessential Bollywoood romantic hero, nothing worth remembering. SRK took the risk and it paid off, Sunny just played safe.

Sunny could've never pulled off SRK's role, it's all about talent and the one who's more talented will shine.

Edited by mystic786 - 4 years ago
MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

They didn't glorify villain. Shahrukh was a better actor and made the best out of what was given to him.

mystic786 thumbnail

Exactly. Sunny could've never pulled off SRK's role in Darr. It's all about talent and the one who's more talented will shine. 

Originally posted by: Golden-dew

They didn't glorify villain. Shahrukh was a better actor and made the best out of what was given to him.

ChanChanMan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I watched Darr over a year ago and Sunny Deol's acting was cringe worthy. So much so that I had to skip his scenes. Romance ke naam pe pata nahi kya dikha rahe teh. 

MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: mystic786

Exactly. Sunny could've never pulled off SRK's role in Darr. It's all about talent and the one who's more talented will shine. 

Sunny deol is also a good actor but he has limitations. He is not fluid actor who can mould into any role. Shahrukh is a better actor with charisma. Sunny relies more on being in your face to get attention on screen. Shahrukh elevated his role in Darr with his acting prowess. Sunny stuck to doing what he did best but it was nothing new and was done by him in umpteen movies before and after Darr. 

mystic786 thumbnail

@Bold Exactly. He's nowhere close to SRK when it comes to talent and definitely could never have pulled off SRK's role in Darr.

I'm not a Sunny fan and I think he's below  mediocre.

Originally posted by: Golden-dew

Sunny deol is also a good actor but he has limitations. He is not fluid actor who can mould into any role. Shahrukh is a better actor with charisma. Sunny relies more on being in your face to get attention on screen. Shahrukh elevated his role in Darr with his acting prowess. Sunny stuck to doing what he did best but it was nothing new and was done by him in umpteen movies before and after Darr. 

Edited by mystic786 - 4 years ago