Frequent Posters

Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: SAKIV-RAM

thankyou.
with marriage track.
we just don't get satisfied we need more
and from Nisha's work we don't don't even try to expect less.
She is best she does fast and she does best in each and every update

True that !!
taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: harshita27

How many parts to the wedding? I mean how many parts till the sindoor daan equivalent in an iyer wedding? Havent ever attended a tamil wedding so dont know anything... Alsmot feel like am attending a real wedding πŸ˜† Want an intense scene between the two that time... Is it doable? :)

Because the wedding will be a combination of both Punjabi and Iyer customs, it will be fantastic to see R&B filling II's Maang with sindoor. It's such a sweet ceremony. Also Kanyadaan. I remember my dad crying during the ceremony. It had such a finality to it...the fact that his daughter was officially someone else's. Considering papas and II's relationship... It will add that extra zing to the wedding story. 

Who would have imagined that we would be so excited about. Fictional wedding. It's as if we are living this romance with every update. THANKYOU Nisha. Indeed a riot of memories have been unleashed..
blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Nishaaa πŸ€— πŸ€—
I read this update sometime ago...wanted to get some privacy before i could reply...

This dude ..fell deeper for him...

Unfathomable he surely is for our II.. but love the peek you gave us into his sentiments...

He missed all the 3 girls that he cares about - who were not there with him that moment -lasya his mom and of course his II. He missed his mom, sought out Lasya and stared at II. ALL the sparring this guy throws at her is  because he's so into her😳...and sees even her father as a threat..not to mention the list from Beckam to Mihir...

II's list too can run into books. πŸ˜† 
They are a perfect fit for each other.

πŸ‘πŸ‘ loved how you showed RnB sentimental on the eve of his wedding missing him mom while still being so true to how you have portrayed him..

Really refined (your writing i meant). 

He manages to be unfathomable to II and straightforward to everyone else around him...and our II is super sentisitve to everyone..a fearless giver and demands the impossible only from him..

LOVE THIS REALLY!

Edited by blue5sky - 9 years ago
harshita27 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Nisha Need some insight into what he thought about the II's song and its relevance right after their fight... What did R&B feel?  I got that he understood the lyrics but why did he not acknowledge the dance? Clearly he knew she danced for him and was looking for some reaction from him... He observed the strange awareness, the eagerness, tension n hostility... Clearly the Dude is not unaffected, fir sochta kya hai ye toh bata do yaar... Am just not very good at reading between the lines πŸ˜† Edited by harshita27 - 9 years ago
Ashu25 thumbnail
one hour seems like a looonnnggg summer day...How I wish it ended soon...i cant wait for an update now πŸ˜†
harshita27 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ashu9

one hour seems like a looonnnggg summer day...How I wish it ended soon...i cant wait for an update now πŸ˜†

I usually love summer days, n hate winter ones... But dont think I'll ever learn to appreciate the wait for SS updates πŸ˜†
EnVee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nisha0604

THANKS SO MUCH NV. You have no idea how happy it makes me to find a comment like yours when I wake up or log on after being gone for a few hoursπŸ˜ƒ

I just write for fun, I had no plans to publish, I combine my love for Punjabis, Delhi and Iyers, folding it all together with what I have observed about people, however little I understand of the human psyche. I dont have complicated plot lines or claim to be an expert in human emotions.

I describe/narrate however I imagine a person would react when faced with the same situation . I bet there are millions that would react differently. This is how I see my protagonists react and their families react...

Yes, such an alliance would never happen in real life. the WHAT IF is what makes it SO exciting. Isn't that what love stories are about?

I TRULY APPRECIATE YOUR READERSHIP.

"Where there is perfection, there is no story to tell" I FIRMLY BELIEVE THAT. Years from now I will sit back and smile about what this story helped me discover about MYSELF.

The fact that it was good entertainment for 1000s of you for a few months is just a unexpected windfall to me. Real life is so harsh and brutal, this story  may be is a trip to the ice cream store or that new designer outfit or an unexpected visit from parents, or the rare hug from the child or a spontaneous "Atta boy" from the boss.πŸ˜ƒ

Nothing more... I guess

Hey! Thanks. Agree with you on all counts.

I will just be like R&B, read quietly, smile, half smile and nod my head for the story you are spinning.

Thanks for writing for us.
Ashu25 thumbnail
Originally posted by: harshita27

I usually love summer days, n hate winter ones... But dont think I'll ever learn to appreciate the wait for SS updates πŸ˜†

I like both re...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
SoSy is giving me a high now !!!!
Once the update comes I can begin with studying...I need to finish one thinker at least today..lets see if RB allows me to do it πŸ˜†πŸ˜† 
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Last night of freedom

II walked over to  Ranjan... let her friends giggle and gush around R&B... sitting down

"Have u eaten?" she asked her main worry about the man

He smiled "Parso? KAL, 12 bajne waali hain abhi jaldi...Do din mein shaadi hai and u ask me that?"(U are getting married in a day ) he laughed squeezing her shoulder
She leaned on his shoulder briefly, not noticing R&B had seen that...

"I wanted to know if u ate because u are sitting by yourself and there is no food in front of you" II said logically
"There is no food because I havent eaten yet, its only 10: 22? (he consulted his phone)
I sent u a texted saying "Great job!" I never heard from you betaji" he said
"Oh! Akka snatched my phone so I dont have it with me"

"How come the bride is lonely and quiet? Bally kidhar hai?" She stood up to peer down... in the huge hall downstairs Bally was backslapping and chatting with Tanmay, him and Amit, and Diwakar

"Bansal is here, dont know where... his wife knows Chachi they are part of some blackjack group" Ranjan informed

"Oh really?" I saw Gurti but didnt see Mr B"

"I am happy u invited them all and they all showed up" Ranjan said satisfied

"I invited Mrs Sagar too, tho its not in my place to invite her" Ii said embarrassed

"Why not, she is your husband's admin" Ranjan said smiling

"She is not here" Ii said scanning the ground floor

"She doesnt come to any parties at home... Savita used to invite her for Satsang she wouldnt come for that either" Ranjan muttered.

II leaned and shut her eyes, her feet hurt badly, the last full night's sleep she had gotten, she couldnt recall... maybe a week ago? She wanted to sleep uninterrupted for two days"

Her stomach muscles tightened her insides churned and rotated at the thought of sleeping in her new bed... she wondered what the pillows smelled like

AYYYO... I AM GOING TO SHARE A BED? GOSH!! A BED... MY MOST FAVE SPACE IN THE WORLD WILL BE OCCUPIED BY A LANKY ERMMM.. HAIRY 6'3" MAN WITH FINGERS LONGER THAN HERS
Ranjan dozed, his would be daughter in law fantasized in the corner unnoticed
She imagined returning from work... looking for him everywhere finding him in the balcony or in his office with the door shut... on a call... or not even home from Excelsior or off meeting with some applicant at some hotel
Finish up dinner, walk up the stairs, brush her teeth, change into her lil stripe shorts? with those satin drawstrings? her million skinny tees... she would only wear those after bolting her door from the inside
So Appa wouldnt walk in on her in that state of undress... she wondered if he would be in bed already or be reading on the swing

She would go to bed without telling him... scrolling thru her ipad... catching up on her soaps and gossip
Letting the tablet lay on her belling as she slept

Would he wake her? She craved to be held tight... warm... in a unshakeable grip... his legs binding her to him

"How long did u practice beta?"

"6? hours Dad... may be more, when Mom went to Chennai to buy jewelry"

"Yes yes, I am supposed to pay your father for the mangal sootra..." Ranjan reminded himself waking up

"Will u stay here tonight?" II asked fondly

"No betaji Savita's brothers are here.. did u meet them?" he enquired

"Yes I did Dad... all of them... your family is small, there are so many people in our house right now" Ii giggled

"My parents are gone, hers are too... Tanmay's parents will arrive tomorrow, his sisters cant come... Manny? her family was big... 6 brothers & sisters, that family is no longer ours, Vik? Vik I dont know how many siblings he has, she is only dating him" Ranjan said with a faraway look
II wondered if he worried about Manny like Appa did about her

"I want her to be married soon, have kids... return to India... so they can all see each other" Ranjan choked a little

"I like Vikram he seems nice"

"Haan... theek hai... plane mein mili us se... tab se mil rahi hai... (shrugging)
aisa thodi hota hai... there should be everything formal like ur and Raman... R&B's marriage u know
Family, jewelry, bua,mama cards... thats how it should be" Ranjan muttered

"Hmmm" Ii said softly

"U will be there whenever she decides to marry again" Ranjan cheered up

She smiled

"U and Sam can plan everything... then OUR house will be the center of action" Ranjan smiled "Wahan raunaq honi chahiye...
sirf naukar hain wahan betaji, woh bhi saare yaha aaye khaane pe, guard hongey waha" (he said with a thick Punjabi accent)
(Only help is there now, even they are here since Sam invited them I guess only guards are there)

She couldnt imagine a BIGGG lonely quiet house... she felt a strange unease at the very thought, her life revolved around the 1500 sq ft D II, with sounds from everywhere, inside and outside

Shravu, Periappa.. the phone,... Amma's phone calls, Appa talking loudly to Tanjore... Akka visiting unexpectedly, relatives from South... Amma's friends from Malai Mandir

"Uske saath jo khadi hain aapki friends hain?" (are they your friends?) he pointed

She smiled getting up "I am going to bring them"

"No no betaji what will I talk? Its good to see him chat doesnt happen all the time" he smiled

"Can I bring Lasya?" she asked longing for the cuddly mass

"U have mehandi all over, it will be ruined ... I..." he stopped beginning to get up but leaning back quickly

II FELT AWFUL... it wasnt a regular father son relationship
where he could go and tell the dude "Mujhe de beta main pakadta hoon" (let me hold the angel hand her over son)

AYYYO!!! HOW AWFUL... I MUST GO GET HER ANYWAY...
WHAT IF HE SAYS U HAVE HENNA ON?
Her eyes scanned for the nanny she was nowhere tobe found...

~~~~~~~

When they returned to D II it was around 1 AM there was two rounds of Antakshari, II EASILY won with her band of 9?
she "donated her team including Bally & Co to the Bhallas...
Suman salvaged their pride a little... and they got off at 77 vs II's 108, Manny was a fighter... and ermmm a cheater... like II when it came to winning
II was startled but played unfazed
II sang  her two fave Carnatic kritis on popular demand her family SMILED AND CLAPPED joyously as if that was the only thing they could enjoy in the whole entire night

Vandu and Manny and Sam talked about logistics with Amma and Chachi... Sam trying to be as inclusive as ever in including Chachi and letting her take the lead
And Savita's brothers' wives were mainly on the sidelines, since they lived overseas for over 30 years...

"The greeting the groom ceremony can happen after 11:30, so you guys can get there by 11:45?" Amma asked

"sure Aunty its already midnight and no body has gone to bed yet, both Mamas families want to go stay at Malcha Marg, tomorrow some second cousins and Aunts etc are arriving from Punjab directly to the hall"

When do u want the chunri ceremony?" Amma asked "Because after we greet the groom and show you where u guys will stay etc, we are pretty much free until 6 PM when the "formal pre-wedding" engagement pooja is

We can do it from 4-6 or 2-4 Aunty doesnt matter" Sam agreed cheerily...

"isnt there something for the dude too?" Manny asked
Ranjan nodded we will have 4 pandits Iyer sahab has invited 8 or 10?" in awe
"We have a lot of prayers you know for their long life and healthy children" Appa declared

"Yes yes Mr Iyer the house needs Lasyas and Shravus and Nandans" Ranjan said smiling joyously

II blushed gloriously at the "low expectations"

Sam nudged Vandu "LOOK AT HER... SHE IS SO UNHAPPY"
They both laughed hysterically

"I am going to go wait outside"

"NO NO... U CANNOT BE ALONE FROM NOW UNTIL Sunday" Appa said dismissively

Vandu had put Shravu down to sleep with Nandu... Sam was going to bring him, Appa HATED that but didnt have a choice
Most Iyer relatives left for IIT gate or VV apartment, II's friends, Naina and Fareeda were staying over... Akka was too ofcourse
Bala's NOIDA cousin and Ambala brother were getting to Sringeri Hall directly

II packed all her bags... in a corner the dude sat on a couch stretching, Akka had given her the phone,
she found his Bank Account text... she looked at him he wasnt looking at her

He was on the phone speaking French

Appa said RUSHED Goodbyes

Sam scolded II for parking across the street "DOES THE WORD FAMILY MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU?" she demanded
"The gate was blocked" II said softly
The dude lounged by the door watching his sister butcher his wife to be...

Amma and Appa thanked Tanmay and Sam for their hospitality...

Sam: GOOO ISHITA TALK TO HIM... GIVE HIM A HUG

Ranjan stopped her

"Oh COME ON DAD less than 36 hours mein shaadi hai I DEMAND A HUG" Sam ordered

"Iyer customs wont allow it" Manny sensed Appa's dislike

amma smiled almost approvingly

"PLEASE KA... NO" II begged

"VANDITA... U ARE RELATED TO ME NOW" sam warned

Vandu sealed her lips

Tanmay and Bala and Vik rolled their eyes

"Jao II warna Sam MUJHE saari raat yahi khada rakhegi" Tan warned her
(Go on)
The guy sat in the far corner suddenly became curious why the entire family pointed and gushed and giggled

THEY FOLLOWED II

AYYYO RAMA!!! WHAT A BLOODY TAMASHA THIS IS
I thought Malcha Marg crowd was sophisticated

AYYYO!!
"Go ISHITA PLEASE" Sam yelled

They CHASED HER... ERMMM...

He stood up as she approached

"HUGGG HUGGG HUGGG HUGGG" Vandita Manny anD Sam screeched
Tan and Bala plugged their ears... Appa walked out unable to watch it
Ranjan politely took a call
Amma looked at Chachi and complimented her saree
Her sons and daughter in laws stood along the living room... in RAPT ATTENTION

II walked up to the dude and stood
THE WHOLE ROOM WENT QUIET

NOT ONE LIL SOUND NOT ONE FRICKIN SOUND

HUGGG!! Sam screamed

He pulled the ear plug off his left ear she saw it fall on his Lacoste... his chin had a dab of orange from her henna... on his ultra fair skin it seemed like a burn injury

They stood scoping each other out not saying a word or hugging...
R&B HUG HER U MORON" Sam ordered
He opened his arms...
U HAVE TO BE F-----G KIDDING ME she told with her eyes

NO IAM NOT he SAID OUT LOUD

He closed the gap and took her in for a hug... firm, hard, tight... molding her to his body. She used her hands on his back to pull him apart...
Sending henna crumbs all over his tee

"ISHITA LET HIM GO" SAM SHOUTED

"First she wasnt hugging him now she wont let him go" Sam informed the people

"U ARE TOAST" she muttered to herself pushing him... crimson like the roses displayed around the room
The fine embroidery yanking a button on his tee...

Amma smiled satisfied...

R&B walked over across the street to watch her start the car...

She didnt look at him, she was choking in arousal and anger... her fingers cold... Appa sat by her after she refused to let him drive

Bala was taking Mama's family to IIT gate apartment
Vandu rode with them, Sam squeezed the life out of her... they both shed tears of joy... soaking each others' outfits

"Enjoy your last night of freedom II" Sam squealed Tanmay pulled her before she could chatter some more.

II choked coughing  uncontrollably for some reason it felt like the dude said those words to her☺️

Arya1991 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Res

Edited:

Feminist v/s FanGirl : An Eternal Battle on 'Savvy'

1. "He could hear what she was saying in her mind."
FanGirl: Ooohhh!!! So adorable! He blushed! AND. He knew she was calling him a Rakshasan in her head. Aren't they just perfect for each other? #TotalCuties #PURRfectJodi
Feminist: #FeelingNauseated 🀒

Me: R&B blushing when people clapped for II 🀣 There was something so damn charmingly innocent about him in that instant... It drove home the fact that if II is inexperienced in terms of physical intimacy, R&B is inexperienced with regard to emotional intimacy, and even being bothered about what a person is feeling.
He riles her up... because he loves seeing her all riled up... and he knows what riles her up... and how she gets riled up... And, trying to locate her after all that nautanki.. 😳
Whether he admits it to himself or not, he's in it for the long haul. And, he's far, far more invested than he's probably even admitted to himself. πŸ˜†

2. "...
he wondered how it would have been like if Ma had been around."
Feminist: The #LOUT is attached to his mother. Maybe he does have a redeeming quality after all.
#StruckSpeechless  πŸ₯Ί
FanGirl: ::silently crying:: 😭
Me: This was possibly the most touching moment in Software Symphonies so far. Why? We've seen Ranjan, Sam think of Savita, and how she would behave had she been alive now... This was the first time R&B did that.
Somehow, it was poignant that it came on the first wedding related event being done in a Punjabi style. The setting was perfect for Savita's memories to translate into a virtual reality. And, the cherry on top was that it was through R&B.
R&B is finally, in his own twisted way, acknowledging to himself that II would have been his Ma's choice for him, had she been alive. II and his Ma... would've gotten along like a house on fire. And. He wishes that she'd been alive, to be able to hold his child someday.

3. "R&B stared at Amma she reminded her of his Ma..."
Me: Somehow, this line felt prophetic. Amma has accepted R&B whole-heartedly... But has he accepted her the same way? Will their relationship progress, and become the closest thing to a mother-son relationship that R&B can be a part of? Will she, after II of course, be armor?

4. The Vandu-R&B camaraderie
FanGirl: II should totally get jealous about this, the way she does about R&B-Shravu πŸ˜† #ShaitaaniDimaagAtWork 😈
Me:
If II has found an alliance with Sam, R&B has forged one with Vandu. Vandu has seen exactly how much power this man wields over her pattu kutti... She knows he is not exactly great at dealing with emotions, or verbalizing his emotions... She also knows that II will need that verbal assurance, even if not right now. She might end up being the mediator... the Switzerland, between II, R&B and their hostile love for each other.

5. R&B-II silent convo, and II walking-away-but-not-quite-walking-away
FanGirl: ::humming to self:: ... Aankhon hi aankhon mein ishaara ho gayaa... baithe baithe jeena ka sahaara mil gayaa... haan... aankhon hi aankhon mein... #HappilyEverAfters
Feminist: ::staring at FanGirl:: She's finally lost it, eh? #BatShitCrazy
Me:
Oh shaddup the two of you. Lemme savour this moment.  Yep, savoured it. Now lemme take it apart. πŸ˜†
The hostility from their earlier conversation still holds, a teeny-weeny little bit... But, it's absolutely adorable that they even respond to each others' thoughts 😳 #FanGirlCreepingIn
What I loved the most was that she had to come back to him, even after walking away. Seemed so symbolic. No matter what, they'll be back together. Even if she walks away, she can't.
It seems like a crazy thing... Even if one person is exasperated and walks away, something or the other (one of them, their feelings, or totally external factors) will drive them back together again.

7. "Savvy"
Me: Ranjan watching II and R&B with Lasya... and seeing their future... was so oddly fatherly. We'd been deprived of that to  large extent, due to the distance that R&B has always maintained from his father.
Ranjan was always longing for his son's closeness. Now, he longs for his son's daughter. And he longs for her to take after her mother and grandmother. And to bring back the joy in life that he'd lost with his wife.

Feminist v/s FanGirl : An Eternal Battle on 'Last night of  freedom'

1. II-Ranjan
Me: Coming immediately after Ranjan's longing for their daughter... II's concern for Ranjan, was like the soothing balm for the aches of his heart (God. I sound so corny. ). I remember II's guilt about no one asking after Ranjan's meals late one night... And, feel a sort of satisfaction, that she'll get his accustomed to someone caring for him regularly.
Then there comes the immense sorrow for the man... his family is broken, and he quite possibly holds himself responsible (or does he?)... and wishes that things could be repaired. That everyone could be together, unbroken. That II will change things. 

2. Ishita Iyer's wandering mind
Feminist: Are you crazy?! You're next to your future father-in-law, fantasizing about your bedroom habits and possibilities after you're married to HIS son. You creepy, crazy, insane, mad woman! 😲
FanGirl: Aaaye haaayyyeee!! Main mar jaawaaan! Finally. You're  behaving like a normal female in/around R&B's vicinity. I totally don't blame you for fantasizing. I know for sure that if I could put a face to his facelessness, I'd be doing the same. You're so, so, so lucky you exist in his world, and have actually seen him. ::sighs wistfully::

3. The forced hug
FanGirl: Ayyooo!!! So cute! ::blushes:: #AdorablenessHappening
Feminist:
Ermmm. Ermmm. Errr. ::waves and runs away::
Me: Far, far more adorable than II & R&B, are the members of their crazy, combined families. In the build-up to the hug... Manny's excuse. Amma's approval πŸ˜† (Yeh family badi "modern" hai, ek minute SexEd, doosri mein PDA-approved πŸ˜‰). Sam and Vandu in cahoots, as usual. Tanmay's pleading and his reason 🀣.
And when they're about to... Manny-Sam-Vandu the giggling-teenage-girls trio. Bala-Tanmay the "girls-have-cooties" boys. Awkward Appa. Amma turning away, and distracting Chachi.
The hug itself? I have absolutely no words left for it.

I'm all worded out.
::releases a breath::

Edited by Arya1991 - 9 years ago