With all the sweets pouring in days before your wedding, it leaves little scope for you to think about weight issues. So stay focussed and set realistic goals to flaunt a fabulous figure on your D-Day, says an expert.
Muffazal Lakdawala, obesity expert at Fortis Hospital, Gurgaon, shares healthy ways to lose weight before your wedding day:
- Set realistic goals: Keep targets and goals to help to stay focussed. Healthy weight loss is about one kg per week.
- No fad diets: Stay away from crash diets that promise you quick results. The more weight you lose faster, the quicker you will gain. Follow a diet and exercise regime that will give you long terms results.
- Don't stay hungry: The easiest way to ensure that you don't overeat is to ensure that you're never starving. Start your day with a healthy breakfast to boost your metabolism. Egg whites with whole wheat bread, fresh fruit and yoghurt with nuts, oatmeal with skim milk or poha with added vegetables or idlis with sambhar consisting of lots of vegetables, are healthy breakfast choices. A quick-filling snack is better than skipping your meal completely as you will be more likely to overeat at your next meal.
- Make exercise regime fun: No diet regime will work if it is not coupled with some form of physical activity. Gymming might not interest everyone. Swimming or dancing or a sport that you enjoy can keep you hooked on to it.
- Manage stress effectively: Wedding planning can be very stressful, so plan well and stay calm. If you are prone to emotional eating, do not store chips, sweets, cookies, chocolates in your house.
- Maintain a food diary: If you want to keep a check on your progress, maintain a food and exercise diary. Write down everything that you consume throughout the day and also mention your exercise regime. It will help to put you on track incase you go off a bit.