New Delhi, April 17 (IANS) When the temperature soars, dehydration becomes one of the major problems. An expert suggests that people consider food as a source of water.
"One should drink plenty of water in the summers. The solid food also provides a surprising amount of water which can balance water level in your body," fitness expert and nutritionist Neeraj Mehta told IANS.
Here's what to consume during summer:
* Lettuce: Lettuce has 95 percent water content. It has good amount of protein with no fat and very less calories. The nutritional value is amazing as well, as it has Omega-3, high fibre, iron and calcium.
* Broccoli: It has 89 percent of water content with nutritional values. Its anti-inflammatory properties can enable you to fight summer allergies.
* Apple: It has 86 percent water in it and is an extremely good source of fibre, vitamin C and more.
* Yoghurt: Yoghurt is one of the best choices in summers to prevent dehydration because of its 85 percent water content. It is full of live micro-organisms called pro-biotic, which provides a lot of health benefits and fights summer allergies. It is a great source of protein, vitamin B and calcium.
* Rice: Cooked rice has 70 percent water content in it. It will help you in fulfilling the water loss in your body. It is also rich in iron, carbohydrates and more.