New Delhi, Aug 14 (IANS) Taming frizzy locks without a hair straightener can be tough, but it's not impossible. Using the right hair brush and a serum can help, suggests celebrity Hairstylist Asgar Saboo.
By using the following steps, you can achieve glossy, smooth and natural-looking straight hair. Also, as hair straightening can be damaging, it is advisable to utilise the five-step do-it-yourself guide:
* Use a high-quality bristle brush to detangle your hair, as these type of brushes evenly distribute the sebum (oil) from the scalp to the ends of the hair and will keep your locks looking shiny and frizz-less.
* Apply a heat serum to wet or towel-dried hair. Start with one pump of product and rub it into the palm of your hands before distributing it evenly. Avoid letting the product get near the roots, as this can make your hair look lank and greasy.
* Divide your hair in sections and clip them up. Blow dry each section going from root to tip, carefully pulling the round brush away from your head as you do so. It's best to use your hair dryer at medium temperature settings to avoid drying out your hair.
* Once your hair is dry, clamp the straightening iron around your hair and gently smoothen each strand. Choose small strands for more effective results. It's also best to use the straightener about an inch away from the roots to get a little bit of volume, advises the hair expert.
* Apply a shine-boosting serum to finish off the look.