Gaurav Khanna who we all have seen as Prithvi in Star One's Love Ne Mila Di Jodi, has always been an ardent lover of Mumbai's famous street food. Recently when he indulged in this pleasure, his stomach didn't go easy on him.
Gaurav says, "For ten years I have been eating street-food. I don't know but this time, maybe it wasn't a good time for me, my stomach didn't take well to it. The doctors diagnosed it as acute food poisoning. And I was pretty down for four to five days. Its only today that I'm feeling better."
What upsets Gaurav more is that he wasn't the only victim to the illness. He says, "My mom and dad have come down from Nagpur. I was showing them around the city and very enthusiastically introduced them to Mumbai's street food. And because of me, even my father got food poisoning. I'm thankful that my mother's immune system was strong enough to fight it. Or else I would've felt doubly sad!"
Apparently Gaurav loves his mother's cooking. But since his tummy got upset, he was given a long list of what he can't eat. Gaurav says, "My mom is an amazing cook. I love the keema and chicken curry that she makes. But obviously, due to my illness, the doctor advised me to stay off meat. I just hope I get back into proper shape and enjoy my mom's delicacies again."
We hope you get well soon too Gaurav.
Reporter and Author: Susan Jose