It's easier to protect your feet during winter, but one can put the best foot forward in summer too by following simple steps like washing them properly, using coconut oil and more.
The tips should be followed religiously to get the best results, says capital-based dermatologist Deepali Bhardwaj.
Here are the tips:
* Wash feet daily: Summer is the time when you sweat a lot and so do your feet. This attracts lots of dirt and dust. So, make sure that before going to bed, you wash your feet with cold water for around 15 minutes.
* Moisturise daily: Use any lotion or foot cream and make it your daily routine to apply it on your feet. But don't go overboard with moisturiser especially between your toes as it might cause fungal infection.
* Apply sunscreen: When you choose to uncover your feet, apply sunscreen on your feet to protect them from scorching heat.
* Choose comfortable footwear: Give your feet space to breathe by wearing comfortable footwear preferably made of mesh fabric.
* Use coconut oil: Apply coconut oil on your feet and keep it overnight. Make sure to wear a pair of cotton socks after application.
* Shea butter treat: It is very effective to take care of chapped feet. Soak them in a tub of warm water with a teaspoon of shea butter in it.