Bangalore, Oct 3 (IANS) 'Cheluvina Chiththara', approaching the silver-jubilee mark, is the undoubted champion of the Kannada film race this fortnight.
The top five Kannada films are
1. 'Cheluvina Chiththaara': The film has already grossed over Rs.150 million, clearly establishing the hold of director S. Narayan and hero Ganesh over the box office. Heroine Amoolya has also become a major attraction.
2. 'Milana': This Puneet Raj Kumar-starred film began slowly, but is now steady in its collections. It bids to become a winner at the box office as its third week collections match the expectations of producers and distributors.
3. 'Anaatharu': The first week's collections were extraordinary, but somehow this multi-star film with Upendra and Darshan in the lead has not been able to sustain its initial momentum. The remake of Tamil hit 'Pithamagan' may at best recover its cost of production, say trade pundits.
4. 'Mathadu Mathadu Mallige': The film, which did very well in the first three weeks, is showing signs of limping after the fourth week.
5. 'Mungaru Male': Nothing can be added to whatever has already been written about this film. Though it has been removed from all the main theatres in all the major centres, it is still doing good business in interior areas and suburban theatres.