Bangalore, Aug 24 (IANS) 'Cheluvina Chiththaara' is all set to break the record of Kannada cinema's biggest blockbuster, 'Mungaru Male', at least in some parts of Karnataka.
The top five Kannada films are:
1. 'Cheluvina Chiththaara' - It is by now clear what is drawing crowds to watch this: not the charisma of Ganesh but the performance and appeal of teenage heroine Amoolya. The rains have not affected the collections of S. Narayan's remake of Tamil hit 'Kaadal'.
2. 'Mungaaru Male' - Nothing can be added to what has already been written about the film. It has created box-office history and taken everyone associated with it to dizzy heights of popularity. It is still doing good business.
3. 'Duniya' - After the completion of a silver-jubilee run, the film is now doing well in the interior areas. Post the success of the film, director Soori and actor Vijay's popularity ratings have soared.
4. 'Sathyavaan Saavithri' - The film starring Ramesh Arvind, who has also directed it, has completed 50 days. The full-length comedy has been received well in cities.
5. 'Snehaanaa Preethinaa' - A remake of Hindi film 'Ishq', 'Snehaanaa Preethinaa' has been able to attract audiences in some major centres because of the star value of Darshan and Audithya.