Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
wow...juts loved the update...loved the way he said doing whatever
hope she ll forgive him soon..
mannat27 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Nice update!!!!!

Loved it.  It was sweet, cute, and yes, surely Arhilicious!

Already waiting for the next update!!!!
VIP.Life thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
HAI HAI... LOVED it ;)
Lovee Arnavs character!!
CANT wait for the next update... hope to hear from u soon..
Thanks a bunch for the PM- luv ya... Muwaahhh <33
alice54 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Am in love with this FF!!!!!!!!😊😊

I love ayesha's charcater very much😃...still Arnav and Kushi are the best...

Waiting to see how the story unravels in future...😊

You are an awesome writer👍🏼

Please add me to your PM list😊
archita_59 thumbnail
OMG! Im in love with your arnav... The cool and composed ASR is irritating and irresistable at the same time. I feel bad for khushi... Poor thing, her heart must have been going at a 100mph!
And i cant believe ayesha switched sides. I know arnav helped her, but i think she owes more to khushi than she does to arnav. But either way, she is gonna have a tough time staying neutral between arhi!
Please continue soon... I wanna see more of this arnav!!
deep5128 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wonderful update! Thnx 4 pm
starzyasha thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
 Read all the 15 parts in one go...And I loved it...
Something that we all hoped to see in the serial...
Please please do update the next part soon😊
luckyarnav thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Awesome, fabulous, fantastic.👏

sorry for the delay reading.

Thank u for the pm and plz plz update soon
-Archi- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 8
Hey guys,

I know its been a while, but exams are literally killing me.
But the good news is, i finally found time to write the next part, so hopefully it will be up by today or tomorrow!

Archi
-Archi- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 8
I am back! I know its been an extremely long wait, but exams seem to go on forever. 
Anyway, thank you for all the comments. 😃 Sadly, I didn't have time to reply to them this time around. As for the new readers - WELCOME! 🤗

Without further ado, i present to you chapter 16 (we are officially past the half-way point! 😉)!

Jaane Doh Naa
-CHAPTER SIXTEEN-
The Fake Happily Ever After

"… and Arnav was asking about the ramp decor since he wants it to be custom made. I was thinking we should go with the classy look and-"

Khushi nodded absent-mindedly as she looked out of the window into the crowded streets of Pune. It was nine o'clock on a Monday morning and the two girls were trapped in the city's usual traffic, packed with cars, taxis and auto-rickshaws, all trying to report to their jobs.

"As for the designs" Ayesha continued. "We have almost everything done except for a few gowns, which I seriously think need a make-over. I mean we are a brand, and those look like down-market stuff. Maybe we should try the new-"

While the roads appeared murky with people, Khushi could only remember the small lanes near Buaji's house in Delhi. She could almost see her and Payal walking down one of them, chirping happily about a recent Salman Khan movie. For the first time in two years, Khushi actively was trying to remember her family. It truly was a strange morning.

"What do you think?"

Khushi turned to look at Ayesha, trying to will her lips into a smile. "It's good," she answered after two seconds of struggle. Trying to be happy seemed to be a lost battle even before it's beginning.  

"Are you okay?"

Khushi stared blankly in response. Fortunately, however, Ayesha was diverted with the ongoing traffic to notice her silence.

Was she okay?

The answer to the simple question was very complicated, for the emotions creeping inside her were ones Khushi hoped she would never feel after those dreaded six months in Shantivaan as the runaway bride of Arnav Singh Raizada.

And yet, they sprung up again. As they say, loneliness never comes alone; it brings memories with it. This time it was memories of her family.

No doubt, she would have been with her parents had she not decided to leave all months ago. She would be sitting at the small dining table in Buaji's house, having aloo and puri for breakfast. Her Amma would be doing the daily chores, while Babuji watched the morning news channel.

As a hollow smile began to work its way up Khushi's face, her eyes fell on what others would have called an ordinary sight. But to her, it meant the world. It was a couple, seated on a motorcycle, clearly on their way to work. She watched in awe, as they laughed about a silent joke, too caught up in their own world to realize her stare. They were happy and she was far from it.

The signal turned green and before Khushi even realized it, they were zooming away into the distance, leaving her to ponder about bigger and more painful thoughts. This time it was her relationship with Arnav.

Her mind quickly began to fill with images of Shantivaan, as she imagined herself in its grand kitchen on a morning similar to this, making Arnav's black coffee. Hari Prakash bustled in the background, making breakfast while Payal prepared Akash's lunch for the day.

Yes, she thought, nodding at the scene she dreamt of. We would be together… in love… happy…

And yet even though the image seemed perfect, she knew it was wrong. It was wrong because Arnav wasn't the husband who kissed her good-bye every morning when he left for work and she wasn't the wife who packed him lunch everyday with a small note hidden in the lunchbox.

No, life was much, much more complicated than that.

No matter how much she wished otherwise.

"Khushi?" Ayesha called. "Are you listening?"

"Huh?"

Khushi jerked out of her thoughts to see they have arrived at the boutique. Ignoring Ayesha's questions, she got out of the car to see Arnav standing at the doors, waiting for them.

Upon catching her eye, his otherwise serious face, split into a wide smile. "Good morning," he said, as she made her way to the doors, keys in hand.

"Good morning," Ayesha replied. "Had a good weekend?"

Arnav nodded and turned to look at Khushi, who opened the glass doors in silence and made her way inside.

"What's wrong with her?" he asked.

"If you haven't noticed," Ayesha replied, sarcastically. "She kinda doesn't like you."

Arnav rolled his eyes in response. "I know that. But she usually gets pissed seeing me… but today, there was no reaction at all."

"Well, congratulations," Ayesha said, failing to grasp his point. "You have managed to get her to stop hating you."

Arnav was silent. He would take a raging Khushi over an indifferent one any day, because it meant he still held a place in her life. Leaving Ayesha to tend to her morning tasks, he made himself comfortable on the couch confident that Khushi couldn't hide her troubles were too long. She was chatterbox and they all knew it.

He was, however, gravely disappointed as the morning slowly slipped into the afternoon with Khushi managing to stay hidden in the designing room. It was well past lunchtime when she finally immerged, her face solemn.

"Lunch?" Ayesha asked cheerily, hoping that her best-friend's gloom had come to pass.  Like Arnav, she too was disappointed.

"I am not hungry," Khushi answered. "You two go ahead. I came to say that the materials we ordered are going to come in today. Rohit just messaged me."

And as if on the cue, the delivery boy knocked on the door. Khushi wordlessly left to receive him.

On the other hand, it was the final straw for Arnav's rather fragile patience. "Did someone say something?" he asked.

"Nope," Ayesha answered, just as clueless as him. "She hasn't talked to me since yesterday. I think she is still pissed about me being okay with you."

Arnav wasn't convinced. Deciding to put a permanent end to her silence, he got up from the sofa and swiftly made his way to the door. He was about to dismiss the delivery boy when his eyes caught sight of the receipt Khushi appeared to have signed.

He was stunned into a momentary silence.

"Thank you," Khushi told the delivery boy, who left the boutique with a small nod.

It was then that Arnav regained his voice. "What is your name?"

Khushi jumped upon hearing his deep voice echo through the empty entrance hall. For the first time ever, she didn't seem to have felt his presence before he made himself known.

"Why are you asking me that?" she said slowly, turning around. Her voice was distant.

"Because I seemed to have missed it all these days."

Khushi scrunched her eyebrows in confusion. "What are you talking about?"

"I am talking about what you just signed on that receipt."

Khushi, however, still appeared oblivious.

Arnav took a step forward, a slight smile playing on his lips. Khushi hesitantly took a few steps back, not trusting his intentions and quickly hit the glass doors of the boutique. He smiled as his understood as well as she, that there was no way to escape now.

He leaned forward, so that his breath fanned her face and repeated in a much quieter voice, "What is your name?"

"K-Khushi," she stammered, her heart picking up its pace.  

"What is your full name?"

And suddenly realization dawned. Her eyes widened in panic as she pieced together his cryptic questions.

"Come on," he said, his smile becoming wider. "It's a very simple question."

Khushi cursed her luck as her heart continued to thud. She could feel the blood rushing to her face as she tried to see a hole in the trap she found herself in.

"I don't have all day Khushi. Spit it out."

"If you know the answer," she said, mustering up as much courage as she could with the hope to divert him. "Then why ask?"

"Because I want to hear it from you. I want to hear why all this time you pretended to hate me, when…"

He trailed off, his implication clear.

Khushi averted her eyes. "I don't love you…"

"Oh really?" he asked, his tone dipping into sarcasm. "Then I guess I must have mistaken your signature to be Khushi Singh Raizada, no?"

Silence followed his words.

Khushi lowered her gaze as the truth finally made its way out into the open. She knew it was bound to happen. She knew it since the day he stepped foot into the boutique. And yet, she had no answer. She herself didn't know why, after all the things that he did to her, she kept his name. It just seemed right.

"Tell me," Arnav said, finally. "Why keep my name if you don't love me?"

Khushi didn't respond.

"So all this time," he continued, watching her carefully. "You have been lying. You didn't move on and neither did you start a new life. All this time, you have been tying yourself only with me."

"No, I-"

"Yes," he interrupted, not letting her continue. "Why else would you call yourself Raizada? Last I check you were proud to be Khushi Kumari Gupta, no?"

"I-"

"The truth is you still believe in all of it. In your opinion, it wasn't a contract. It was a marriage because after all we did take the pheres… I put the mangulstra, the sindoor and what not. In short, it was a proper wedding. And so, you will make sure that you uphold that relation until your last breath, right?"

She didn't reply.

"But you won't accept it," he continued. "Because it would make me right. Although you fail to realize that denying it won't change the truth. Pretending to be angry at me will not change the fact that your heart races every time I come near you. Pretending to not care, doesn't mean you don't want to come back home with me to have the happily ever after you wish for even till today."

Khushi's eyes flashed. Of all the people in the world, he was the one person she couldn't tolerate mocking her dreams.

"So basically, you want to stay in this limbo forever, where neither of us can move forward."

She didn't know if it was his sarcastic tone or his sneering expression that did it. But whatever it was, it managed to snap the strings holding her mouth shut. The loneliness looming over her since yesterday vanished, as she finally opened her mouth to protest. She had enough.

"You know what your problem is?" Khushi asked, her voice surprisingly steady despite the rage she felt. "You are an obnoxious pushover who wants everything his way. Because it's easier picking on my faults then facing your own."

It was Arnav's turn to be frozen into silence.

"The reason neither of us can move forward from this limbo," Khushi continued, gaining more confidence at his speechlessness. "Is because you made it so. You broke me to a point where I don't trust you; forget trusting your supposed great love for me. Hell, you can't even say a simple sorry and yet you stand here, talking about sentiments."

Arnav gritted his teeth. "I told you-"

"Sure you did," she said. "Sure you told me sorry a billion times. Maybe even more. But did you ever mean atleast one of them? Because if you did, you wouldn't stand here mocking my 'happily-ever-after'."

"So, what do you want me to do? I have tried everything to make you understand how-"

Khushi shook her head in disbelief. "You still don't get it, do you?"

Arnav stared at her blankly.

"Its called remorse," she answered.

"I have told you a billion times how much I regret-"

"No," she objected. "You told me a billion times that you are sorry. Sorry that you didn't trust me. But you never told me how much you regret making that decision. You have never bothered to acknowledge that I am a person and that my feelings were hurt. In fact you don't even care how I felt those six months and neither do you care how I feel now. It's all about how you want me to say 'I forgive you', just like how you get a company to sign a contract with you. The flowers, the jalebis… sure, they are all nice and sweet. But they don't fix the memories you have ruined. They just make new ones."

"There is nothing that can fix-"

"How do you know?" she interrupted. "You never even tried. All you ever do is make me realize what I feel for you. It's always about how I kept your mangalsutra. About how my heart beats when you are around… my jealousy when you are friends with my best friend. But you never tell me what I mean to you, because believe it or not, I know what I feel. What I want to know is how you feel every time I am around. Does your heart beat just as hard? Do you even care if I am happy or not? Does the fact that I was gone for two years even make a difference to you?"

"There is no diff-"

She cut across him. "Yes, there is! There is a difference. It's the difference between you and me."

Arnav stared hard into her eyes, trying to understand her point. But no matter, how much he tried, he could only see himself at the losing end this argument. And even though he wished it wasn't like this, there was no way he could fail. Not this time.

Khushi looked unflinchingly back into his dark eyes and said, in less harsher tone, "It's the reason why you and me can't be together."

"Then why keep my name?!"

Khushi closed her eyes in exasperation, trying to keep her anger in check. It seemed that he would never understand her, no matter how hard she tried.

"It doesn't matter if there is a difference between you and me," he continued, taking advantage of her silence. "Because you want us to be together."

"Yes!" she snapped, opening her eyes in a flash. "I kept your name, but clearly you don't know what it means to be my husband!"

"Khushi-"

However, she didn't let him finish. If it was any other day, she might not have reacted as much. But after being tortured by fantasies that were never going to come true, her frustration found no other release. "Don't give me that! Don't give me that look because you know I am right. Just because I kept your name doesn't mean you become my husband!"

"You never gave me a chance-"

Khushi snorted in response. "Chance?" she said. "So, you can blame me for not giving you one, but not yourself for screwing up the ones you had?"

"How many times do I have to tell you that those six months-"

"It's not the six months," she snapped. "It's now. It's the fact that after all these months my beliefs still seem like a joke to you. Tell me, can you be the husband who wants to be woken up with my good-morning everyday? Can you be the husband who waits for me to bring lunch so we can eat together? Or can you be the one who comes home early to watch an overdramatic hindi movie, just because I like them?"

Arnav didn't answer.

"You can't," she finished. "You can't be that husband. And you made sure no one else can be either."

"Well I don't see you being my wife either."

His reply was instant and no sooner than he said it, Arnav knew it was too much.

Khushi's face hardened.  "Fine," she said, her voice quite calm. "I can be your wife, if that's what you want. But for that you need to be Arnav and not Arnav Singh Raizada!"

And without waiting for a reply, she pushed past his towering form and walked away.

It was as he watched her retreating back that he got it. He finally understood what his sister meant in that hospital room two years ago. It was the difference between waking up because he had to and waking up because he wanted to. It was the reason why even after all this time, she still was in every sense his wife, while he came nowhere close to being her husband.

He was Arnav Singh Raizada, while she always was Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada.

And that, right there, was precisely why they could never be just Arnav and Khushi. 

I know - another fight! But it had to happen for reasons you will find out about in the next chapter. Hopefully everything made sense, if not, do ask. It took me forever trying to understand Khushi's point of view, so I totally understand if you guys don't get it. 

Second, IPKKND is over. 😭 It has been one hard and long week!
All I can say is that it gave us two of the most beautiful characters of TV today and they will forever be remembered. I am having my fingers crossed for a Season 2 like Kitni Mohabbat Hai (though I don't see Barun agreeing for it 😕). Anyway, lets hope for the best! 

In terms of this story,I assure you it will keep going. In fact, now that the show is over, I see a bigger reason for ArHi FFs to be written!

Lastly (and sadly), this FF is officially on hiatus until Dec. 19, when my exams are over. I know its very unfair of me to keep you guys waiting, and I am very sorry for it. But its unavoidable and this way, I can save many of you the trouble of checking everyday for an update! 

So, let me know what you think about yet another fight in ArHi land (and for curiosity, whose side you are on!). I promise it gets better! 😃 

Toodles,
Archi