rukuswasthika thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
it was a cliffhanger.plz update soon.i read all chapters in a go
-Archi- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 8
fanAR - i think you forgot to come back and comment! 😆 

Alicia2001, Arshifan4life, Aisha - Thanks!

Nici0306 - Yes, Ayesha is not from Pune. I know its confusing now, but it will all make sense in the next few parts! 😉

V323 - No worries hun! Take your time and good luck for your exams! 😃

orchidpurple - Yeah, i was having trouble imagining Khushi checking out guys too, but then, at the end of the day, she is a girl, so I figured she would at some point! 😆 And yes, i like to think Arnav as the funny one too, i mean Khushi can't always steal the show! 😉 Thanks for the comment hun!

seeta_naips - Agreed! ASR, our hero! 😉

vampire_amy, fffan123, , sowmya18 - Thanks! Will update soon!

vandana.sagar, bhaktiii - you both read too much! 😆 But you are on the right track! 😉

aycma98 - Arnav and Nina were business partners for three years. And then Arnav ended the contract and instead signed Khushi's company for the deal, which is why Nina was kinda pissed (as her company began going in losses!) and indirectly asked Arnav to make her his partner again! Hopefully that cleared the confusion! 😃

Zarahatke, desisoaps05 - Thanks so much! 😃

segad - I actually had a dress in mind and forgot to post the pic! I will post it up with the next chapter!

PCdublin, deep5128, ipkknd4life, AparnaKrish, zeedia, memories_im - Thanks so much! Will continue soon!

kiruthikasanju - Welcome! 🤗

laksh65, Anjinie - Nayan is an interesting character! But you will find out soon! 😉

Love_SA - Thanks!

Ezther - Thanks! And you remembered Nayan from chapter 1, when i first mentioned him! 👍🏼 Will update soon! 😃

Rhysenn, lakraj80, flowers4u, udaymanyata07, princess84, aashshhs - Thanks so much! 😛

mannat27 - I love the pic of Arnav!  Thanks so much hun! Ayesha and Nayan's history will be revealed soon!

chavvi16 - Yes, Guptas and Raizadas are all in Delhi. I know they have been MIA, but they will appear soon! And since I feel bad for all the cliff-hangers, here is a little spoiler: Both Guptas and Raizadas know that Khushi is in Pune. Why they still didn't come to meet her? Well, you will find out in the next few parts! 😉😆

esmeralda111, ridizzz, archita_59, Sadi, adrianne, Crazy_soul, pari93.92 - thanks! 😃

luckyarnav - Yup, and thats exactly what he will learn - eventually! And Ayesha... you will find out her condition soon enough! 😉

tanasha1993 - A little hint: The title of the chapter was "As White as Black" and if you noticed, both Nina and Nayan were wearing white. Does that clear the question of who Nayan really is? 😉 I think i gave too much away! 😆 Will continue soon!

kitzdoll, coolsaleha - Thanks hun!

minnie me - Welcome! 🤗 And agree with you totally about Khushi forgiving Arnav in the show... 😕 But yes, Ayesha is complicated. As you rightly pointed out, both she and Khushi are hurt, but both have different ways of handling it. And yes, their relationship will develop. Now, its mainly Ayesha telling Khushi what to do, but that will change. 😉 As for Anjali and Shyam... that will remain a mystery for a bit longer! 😆 Thanks for reading!

rukuswasthika - Welcome!  🤗 I will continue soon!

-Archi- thumbnail
Main aa gayi!! 😃

Like promised, here is the next part (only a day late! 😉). Enjoy!

Oh, and here is a picture of Khushi's outfit at the party (Thanks to Segad's reminder!): Khushi's Dress
And I couldn't resist finding one for Ayesha 😆: Ayesha's Dress

Comments Pg 73 (above)

Jaane Doh Naa
CHAPTER ELEVEN
Unfaithful

"What are you doing here?" Nayan asked angrily, roughly pulling Ayesha to a secluded corner. "I told you not come!"

"I wanted to surprise you!"

"How many times do I have to tell you to not come out in public?! Its not safe!"

Ayesha's face fell as she deciphered the fury etched on his face. "I thought you would be happy," she said, disheartened.

"Happy?" Nayan said, giving her an incredulous look. "What the hell is wrong with you?How did you even think I would be happy when the entire world is here, just waiting to catch me do something wrong?!"

"Wrong?" she asked. "What are we doing that's wrong? We are going to be married soon!"

Just as Nayan was going to retort, his phone began to ring; his face paled as he checked the caller-id.

"Right?" Ayesha asked fearfully watching his expression.  

"I can't have this conversation right now!" he answered disconnecting the call. "Go home and we will talk there!"

"But Nayan-"

"Leave!" he said sternly. "Right now!"

Ayesha stared at Nayan, trying to read his expression. She failed to understand what was it, that made him so mad in their one year of relationship.

"Why are you getting so pissed about it?" she finally asked.

Nayan glared at her. "I told you not to come to this party. And you didn't listen to me!"

"This is the biggest event of your life," she said slowly . "How could I miss it? After all that hardwork… the late nights… you are finally getting some recognition, and I had to support you in it!"

Nayan rolled his eyes. "You are just putting me in more problems. I told you - Nina doesn't like my personal life interfering with my work!"

"This is a party," she stressed. "Every single person is here with their family, except you. What the hell is Nina's problem if I come? Aren't I your family?"

"Ayesha, stop being childish-"

"I am tired of seeing you on TV Nayan! I want to be here, to see you achieve success and stand by you at every step of the way!"

"You are there every step of the way!" he said exasperated. "So stop being paranoid, and go home. Nina can't see you here!"

"Nina, Nina, Nina!" Ayesha exclaimed. "She made you slog for her company, which by the way was in losses from the day she created it,  for the past one year; isn't that enough? And now she wants to keep you away from me too?"

"Stop being dramatic-"

"Seriously," she continued, cutting him off. "Its because of you that she got that deal from that company, whats its nam-"

"AR Designs."

"Yes, that! She got that deal which saved her butt from being kicked big time! Can't she be atleast grateful and let-"

However, the rest of her words were drowned in the sudden applause that rang through the hall. It appeared that Nina had taken the stage.

"Shit," Nayan muttered glancing at the crowd, making sure no one saw the two standing in the corner at the very back of the hall. "I have to go. Make sure you leave - I don't want any trouble happening here!"

And with that he hurried away, leaving a dejected Ayesha behind. Deciding that it was best to leave, for she never wanted to see the rage on Nayan's face again, she began to head to the exit, when Nina's voice echoed through the microphone.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen," she announced."I have some very important news to share with you all."

Ayesha stopped in her tracks, her curiosity getting the better of her. She had put so much effort into getting there, starting from finding an invitation to earning a dress elegant enough to wear; how could she just walk away? Abandoning Nayan's clear instructions, she pushed through the crowd until she could get a better look at what was happening.

Just for a few minutes, she determindedly told herself.  He won't even have a clue!

"Firstly," Nina said; dressed in an floor-length dress of pink, she appeared radiant as she confidently addressed the crowd. "I want to thank Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada for throwing us such a lavish party. Coming from Pune, I am absolutely over-whelmed by the welcome we received. Cheers!"

The whole hall raised their glasses to Nina's toast.

"As you know," she continued, once the murmur died down. "It is because of the faith AR Designs placed in us, that we have been able to produce such beautiful designs over the past year. I hope we always keep this trust between ourselves and continue working for many years to come!"

Nina once again held up her glass for another toast.

"Of course," she said, after taking a sip of the champagne she held. "I can't take credit for the success all by myself. There is one other person, who helped the company, and especially me, to design the various clothing that have been appreciated and praised by critics all over India. Ladies and gentlemen, please put your hands together for Nayan Dasgupta!"

The hall rang out in applause as Nina invited Nayan on to the stage with a hug and kiss on either of his cheeks.

"And," she continued, cutting through the reverberating noise. "As you are all family now, I want to share something very personal. Nayan and I have spent quite a lot of time together this past one year. He is one of the few people who has stood by me through thick and thin. Afterall its not easy to not lose patience with me at 3 o'clock in the morning, when I am the opposite of pleasant!"

Nina laughed, joined in by a few spectators, and looked at Nayan with admiration.  

"But as they say," she continued. " the one who sticks with you in your worst times, is the one who deserves you at your best. And I guess, the found that one. And so, with utmost pleasure ladies and gentlemen, I want to announce that me and Nayan will be getting engaged in a month's time!"

The audience went wild with the sudden news. Reporters flocked the room, trying to capture the information, while esteemed industrialists saw it as move of caution. Models clapped in appreciation, while designers yelled in protest. But admist the chaos, no one noticed the frozen figure of Ayesha watching Nayan hug Nina once again in disbelief. It didn't slip her notice that this time he didn't let go.

And all of a sudden, Ayesha's still mind began to fill with images as she understood what was staring at her face all this time…out-of-town tripsovernights at the office… meetings with foreign delegates… every single thing screamed betrayal from the man she vowed to wed.

Tears began to cloud her vision, as she watched the couple on stage, beaming at their audience and posing for the press. When the commotion finally settled somewhat, Nina took the mike once again.

"And one last thing for the evening," she said. "As a token of our appreciation  for all your acceptance and love Delhi,  I want to present to you one of our designs for the upcoming show next week."

The lights suddenly dimmed, and a spotlight followed a model walking onto stage, adorning a blue gown of down, with a plunging neckline. As the crowd clapped, admiring the glittering design, Ayesha watched in horror as she saw not the dress, but her own sketch etched on the girl.

Her mind failed to see reason, as she desperately tried to hang on to hope. But it was no use; she knew how the dress got there, or rather who brought it.

People began to disperse as the couple stepped down from the podium, accepting both congratulations and well wishes for the future. Nayan, whose hand was firmly wrapped around Nina, was conversing with some very well known faces, when he caught sight of the pale-faced Ayesha, standing rooted in the center of the room. 

Eyes widening a little, he quickly excused himself and rushed to her. "Its not what-"

"Lies," Ayesha whispered, the lump in her throat constricting her voice. "Everything you said… they are all lies."

"Sonu, it's not like that. I didn't know Nina would announce such a thing! It's a misunderstanding!"

"Really?" she asked, no longer being able to contain her tears. "Because it didn't look like you were surprised with her announcement. Tell me, how long has this been going on?"

"Sonu, I swear, I never meant-"

But she shook her head, not wanting to listen. "How long Nayan?!"

"It was a mistake! I was going to tell-"

"When? Before or after you slept with me?"

Nayan stared at Ayesha, his expression unreadable. But his silence held his answer. Shaking her head in grief, her eyes were suddenly drawn to the model, posing for the cameras.

"And the dress?" she asked, wiping the tears away, only to be replaced by new ones. "How could you do that to me?"

"I was just trying-"

"You could have asked me," she interrupted, with a sniff. "And I would have given it to you with my eyes closed, like how I have been giving everything else untill now. What was the need to do it behind my back?"

"You don't understand, I did for us Sonu. Us!"

"Just once," she repeated. "You could have asked me once, and I wouldn't think twice about it. Because I would have believed it to be my fortune, to help you… but I was wrong."

"Don't say that Sonu!"

Ayesha didn't listen. She just shook her head in dismay and turned around to leave, for every passing moment made it harder for her to breathe.

However, Nayan wasn't the one to step down either. He grabbed her hand and said in a sudden aggravated voice, "Let me finish!"

That was the breaking point, for what followed after was something neither of them expected. Raising her other hand high in the air, Ayesha brought it down with all the force she could muster and smacked it against his unsuspecting cheek. The sharp sound of it carried through the room, hushing the spectators along its way.

Nayan  watched in shock, as his hand instinctively went to his stinging cheek. He knew it must have turned a bright shade of red by now.

"It is finished," Ayesha said, her voice ringing through the silent room. And with that she turned around and left the party, oblivious to the numerous cameras clicking away, the various people pointing fingers at her and most important of all, the strange silence of her heart.

Ayesha closed her eyes, trying to erase the sharp memory of that night, still pinching her after two long years. She gulped down the vodka in the shot glass she held, shuddering as she felt the bitter liquid makes its way down her throat, burning everything it touched. And within no time, she felt the familiar warmth of the alcohol in her stomach and she welcomed the giddy relaxation that followed, even though it failed to drive away her pain.

"One more," she told the bar tender, the two words slurring in her mouth. She could feel the darkness in the shadows of her mind, waiting to suck her into an endless pit. Just a few more, and she wouldn't have to think anymore.

Her arms trembled as she picked up the next glass, but before she could drain it like the numerous ones before, a warm hand fell on her shoulder.

"Enough Ayesh," Khushi said, her tone solemn. "Lets go home."

Ayesha ignored her and gulped down the clear liquid with pleasure.  "You know," she said, her voice hinting at sedation. "You f…f…freak out too much… relaaax."

Khushi surveyed her best-friend with pitying eyes.

"The look…" Ayesha said, pointing to Khushi's eyes. "Khushi's famous look. What happened? Feeling sooorrryyy for me?"

Khushi didn't answer.

"Don't pity me babes…" she continued after ordering another drink. "I am fine! And why shouldn't I be fine?"

She raised her eyebrows questioningly, however, when Khushi remained silent, she said, "I mean my ex just tried to force himself on me… but that's normal isn't it?"

Ayesha then picked up the shot glass, re-filled obeditently by the bar-tender, and watched the mass of people crowding the dance floor. "Of course, what's normal and what's not is decided by all these people, who think ripped clothes are fashion… high heels are a necessity… and skeletons are pretty… oh, and ofcourse how can I forget?! Money, and I mean money, is the basic foundation of life."

She turned to Khushi and asked, "How many of the women here do you think is a virgin?"

But she decided to answer anyway. "None of them," she said, a look of disgust crossing her eyes. "But they act like they are the most purest...most innocent people ever. And people like uswe are the biggest s**ts of the world."

She paused to gulp down another shot of alcohol. "and guess what?" she said, wiping the trickle of liquid that escaped her mouth. "I am exactly that! They are all a hundred percent right… I am the most characterless… hideous… and appalling woman ever!"

"No," Khushi objected. "No Ayesh… you are-"

"The worst woman in the history of womankind," she finished. She then raised her glass for a toast and yelled, "to me – the worst woman to ever be born! Cheers!"

Khushi's heart ached to see her best friend in such a state of mind. Never in two years of their frienship, did she imagine she would see the proud and confident Ayesha, drunk until the point of senselessness.

"Where is she?" Ayesha said suddenly. She shakily slid down from the stool on which she was sitting and tried to stand on her feet. "Call her… call her now!"

But it was no use; she couldn't stand still without dropping down to the floor. Khushi hastily held her hands, trying to support her almost limp body.

"NINA!!" Ayesha yelled, though her voice was drowned in the music booming through the room.

"Lets go home," Khushi repeated, unable to tolerate Ayesha's condition anymore. "We are done here."

However, her decision was met with protest. "NO!!" Ayesha exclaimed, trying to step away from Khushi, only her attempts were too pathetic to count. "I am not going anywhere! I WANT TO TALK TO NINA!!"

Khushi paid her no heed and began to tug her to the exit, but it was a futile effort. Ayesha was too drunk to listen and was objecting so violently that many stopped to stare.

"Let me help," came Arnav's voice. Khushi turned to see him walk out of the shadows - from where he seemed to have been watching them - and easily picked Ayesha up in his arms, who was stunned into a momentary silence.

"Put me down!!" she shouted when Arnav began walking to the exit, Khushi in tow. "I said -  Put. Me. Down!"

He ignored her and swifty carried her out into the night, where his driver was waiting with the car.  Khushi watched in worry as Ayesha looked out into the empty streets they drove through, all sound snubbed from her wilted form. 

If you are still confused about what exactly happened between Ayesha, Nayan and Nina, then don't worry - this part was meant to be vague, as most of it was Ayesha's memory. All of this will be cleared up by in the next part.😉

And I know, there is no ArHi in this, but they are in the next part! 😃

Like/comment please!

Archi

P.S. - the next part will be posted in a week! 

kriti_atharv thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
wow i cannot believe i a first,......

its a big shock for me...
kriti_atharv thumbnail
be right back after reading...
kriti_atharv thumbnail
i guess this part pretty much explains ayesha's problem with man and her no nonsense attitude...wow she was hurt pretty badly in the past and to cover all that pain and hurt up..she has put up a strong and heartless face for everybody ad no wonder she was soo against arnav...after reading this part...i could not help but sympathise with her,...she was just looking out for khushi so that khushi does not get further hurt...wow a very mind blowing update dear n thnx 4da pm...
-Archi- thumbnail

Originally posted by: -kitzdoll-

wow i cannot believe i a first,......

its a big shock for me...

😆
congrats on getting first place! 😉
kriti_atharv thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Archi-

😆
congrats on getting first place! 😉

m still getting over the shock...😆
Rhysenn thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Wow, poor Ayesha. Great update!
N0306 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Woah that was an awesome update..Ayesh is a strong woman to survive such betrayal.. Nayan not only robbed her off her love life but her designs too and broke her completely. To be betrayed by the one for whom you left behind your family and everything that screamed YOU and change the dimension of your world, make a person center of your world who deserves nothing but a huge bag of shit.. This Nayan, I feel like slapping him black and blue.

Arnav's silent support is admirable, no questions no queries; he was there for the girls throughout the evening.