ArHi FF: Jaane Doh Naa Updated 150 [Feb 4, '13] - Page 31

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

joa123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
fabulous part...
really felt sorry for Arnav ..but i know he deserve this...
Now i think Arnav ko Khushi se pahke Ayesha ko convince karna ho ga ...

waiting for next part :)

udaymanyata07 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
👏👏thnaks...great job...amazing...👏👏
orchidpurple thumbnail
hehehehhe...That was too funny...
Ayesh fooled Arnav...
Poor Aman...he got stuck in Boss's love story...Pity him...Hope Arnav gives him a pay raise for all the hard work he has done...

Best lines I loved
""And I promise you that Ms. Kapoor. You can hide your friend all you want, but don't forget that I was here a lot earlier than you. I was in her life two years ago, I am here now and I will be here forever.""...Confident ASR...love it..

OP

--BumbleBee-- thumbnail
That was a really nice update..
Ayesh duped ASR. AWESOME👏
Love how he said he is here to stay..
Amaaan!! 😆 haha. not in his job description. Awesome.
Hope Khushi starts softening at least a little towards him.
Thanks for the PM.. 
archita_59 thumbnail
Nicee! Loved it to bits!
I cant believe asr fell for ayesha tho... He is too smart for her!
.Melody. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Nice update archi! Arnav s turning al romantic des days.. 'm lovin it! At first i thought ayesh s helpn him..but to my disappointment it didn happen..i am happy to knw dat stil khushi s d same girl wit same likes:) big tnx for d pm..i hope u don mind my late reply..!do u mind??i ws busy wit ma studies,so cudnt..i lik d way stry s progressin n eagerly waitn for nxt updt:)
-Archi- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 8
Hello My Lovelies!

Sorry, I couldn't reply to all ur comments again...😭 there is just too much going on right now! But i definitely read every single one of them! THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE FEEDBACK!  🤗
So, without delay, I present to you - Chapter 7! 😃

Jaane Doh Naa
CHAPTER SEVEN
The Green-Eyed Monster

Arnav entered AK's Seams of Style,  his mind preoccupied with the growing issues in his life. It was almost two weeks since he arrived in Pune, and instead of closing his deal and returning to Mumbai as planned, he was stuck battling for the love of his life. Forget about finding the long gone Khushi, never in his wildest dreams did he think he would have to take her from the hands of her  very own best friend. The situation could not get anymore stranger.

However, what worried him was not how long the process was taking, for he was well aware of the extent of Khushi's anger, but it was that he was away from his family. Or more importantly, from his Di. Yes, he made it a point to talk to her everyday and even took Akash's promise to take care of her in his absence, but he couldn't help being paranoid. No matter how many days passed since that fateful incident, he was still expecting his sister to crack; It was bound to happen.

There just wasn't any other way.

He was so occupied with these thoughts that he didn't notice the approaching figure of Ayesha and unceremoniously crashed into her.

"Watch it!" Ayesha yelled, as she landed on the floor with a thud.

Arnav, who somehow remained on his feet, jerked out his thoughts. "Oh," he said, looking down at her. He wasn't the least bit apologetic. "I didn't see you!"

"Of course you didn't," she replied, trying to get up, only she couldn't. Her four-inch high  stilettos were preventing her from any form of balance. "Because you would be delighted if I got hurt, right?"

Arnav couldn't agree more. He was amused to see Ayesha struggling; it gave him some comfort after their last encounter. 

Fortunately, Khushi just appeared from the storage room and was shocked to see Ayesha sprawled on the floor.

"Ayesh?" she said, running forward and lending her a hand. "Are you okay?"

"Yes," Ayesha replied gratefully, before standing up and dusting off the dirt on her dress. "Thank you!"

Khushi turned angrily to Arnav. "What the hell?" she fired. "How dare you make her fall and then stand there watching the show?!"

Arnav opened his mouth to defend himself, but was cut off by the shrill ring of Khushi's cell phone.

"Hello?" she said, hurriedly picking it up. Her face then split into a wide smile, while she exclaimed, "Rohit, finally! How are you darling?"

Arnav narrowed his eyes, his attention caught on the conversation.

"Nahh," Khushi said, her eyes twinkling. "Why would I be mad at you? You are my baby! In fact, I was gonna drop by today. It feels like forever since I saw you. How about we go grab some lunch?"

Rohit seemed to have agreed to the plan, for Khushi said, "Okay, see you soon. Love you! Bye!"

Khushi then turned to Ayesha and said, "I'm going out to lunch. Do you want anything?"

"Not bad," the latter said, crossing her arms. "That was the quickest date you two ever planned!"

Khushi laughed. "Its not a date. Besides, does Rohit ever say no to me?"

"You gotta give me some tips girl," Ayesha replied with a wink.

"Not that you need it! Trust me!"

Arnav was watching the entire exchange, his voice caught in his throat. He felt as if his insides turned into ice,  as his mind tried to make sense of what was happening.

Darling? Baby? Date?! What the hell is going on?

Khushi quickly disappeared into the designing room once again, claiming to have some pending work, while Ayesha resumed her spot behind the counter.

"Why so silent Mr. Raizada?" she finally asked, breaking the uncomfortable silence spread around the room.

Arnav wordlessly turned to her as his mind doubled with questions.

Ayesha seemed to understand his turmoil for she said "You can ask me anything you want, you know."

But he didn't seem to return the trust. Afterall, she did lie to him before! "And what makes you think I have questions to be asked?"

Ayesha smirked. "Oh really?" she said. "So, you really don't care what's going on between Khushi and Rohit?"

Arnav's face hardened. That was exactly what was worrying him. He didn't hesitate to make the implied connection between Khushi and the unknown Rohit, but he wasn't willing to accept it. There was just no way that the girl for who he gave up his life, was not his anymore.

And yet the smile on Khushi's face when she was talking to the stranger… the comfort she carried with him and most importantly the relation that her best friend tagged her with… those were all things to worry about; Things he couldn't ignore!

Maybe he is a good friend, he heard his heart whisper in hope.

But how would he know for sure? There was no way he could trust Ayesha; she made it clear she didn't approve of him and would go out of her way to make his life hell. What was he supposed to do now?

The answer came to him instantly. And without another thought, he took out his phone to dial his only hope. However, Ayesha's voice interrupted him once again.

"Here we go again," she said. "Is Aman Mathur seriously the only answer toall your problems?"

Arnav's fingers froze on the speed dial. "What do you mean?"

"Its very simple," Ayesha answered. "Why waste Aman's, or rather your company's valuable time doing a background check on Rohit, when I can answer all your questions, right here, right now?"

"And why would you help me?" he asked. "I haven't really forgotten about the white lilies. I have a good memory you see."

Ayesha smiled. "How would I be helping you if I said Rohit was Khushi's boyfriend?"

Arnav stared at her. While he half-expected the answer, it was still a big blow nevertheless. His worry suddenly vanished, as his feelings took a new turn to something he couldn't name just yet.

"I hate you remember?" she said, taking his silence to be his denial. "So, obviously I would tell you the truth about this, because it would mean you would leave, giving us peace at last!"

"You are wrong," Arnav replied. He somehow couldn't believe what he was hearing!

"Really?" she asked, sarcastically. "What did you think? That you show up here after two whole years, and she would be waiting with her arms wide open?"

He didn't answer.

"Did you honestly think I was joking when I told you Khushi moved on?" she continued. "She doesn't need you anymore, because she is a lot stronger now. And more importantly, someone else took your place."

It was at that point he realized what he was feeling – envy at the unknown Rohit, who without even realizing it gained the most precious thing in the entire world! Anger coursed through him as his mind began to fill with images of Khushi with the stranger, who for some bizarre reason lacked a definite face. But what was definite was that he could see the two entwined together like vines.

Arnav clenched his hands into fists, trying to clear the pictures. "No," he growled. "She is mine."

"As you wish," Ayesha said, shrugging her shoulders. "You can be as possessive as you like, but that's not going to change anything."

Arnav was caught in distress as Ayesha's words rang in his ears. He could feel the rage building up inside him as he considered the possibility that Khushi could never be his. That she had indeed moved on, and he was hanging on to a dream that was shattered a long time ago.

"How long?" he finally asked, surprisingly in a calm voice despite the frenzy blocking his mind.

Ayesha looked up from the sketch she was working on. "Hmmm?"

"How long have they been… you know, together?"

"You mean dating?" she clarified. "About a year now."

A whole year.  Wow.

"When did it happen?" he asked, wanting to know every single detail. He was already preparing his defense against this unfair revelation. "And how?"

"What do you mean how?" she replied. "It just happened… they met at a party. The kind of ones you go to. So, its pretty self-explanatory from that."

"What do you mean the kind of ones I go to?" he asked confused.

"The high class ones," she answered. "The ones where after one shot of tequila their future is set."

Arnav's rage doubled. "They met over a few drinks?! What the hell was she thinking?!"

"Jeez," she said. "Stop freaking out. Its not the first time you heard things like this… its  so common in those page three type parties! They first get drunk, and then make out… etcetera etcetera!"

Arnav was now completely horrified. "So, they…?" He couldn't get himself to finish the sentence.

Ayesha laughed. "You are such a gentlemen," she said. "You can say the word 'sex' you know. Its not the first time I heard it!"

He glared at her in reply. He did not find this situation funny. At all.

"But yes," she confirmed. "They hooked up together. And they have been going pretty solid ever since."

Hooked up together? With every word he heard, his heart seemed to be spiralling down an endless hole. Hearing that she was dating another man was one thing, but hearing she was taken in every sense was completely different. He felt betrayed as he recollected kissing her back when they were falling in love… he believed he had the full right on her, but now?

How had he missed this? All this time he was thinking about calming her anger, but how the hell was he supposed to repress her love for this unknown man, when she crossed all lengths for him?

She didn't, his mind reasoned. This is Khushi, she would never let anything like this happen.

"No," Arnav said finally, clearing his head. "She wouldn't… I know her."

"Know who?" Khushi asked, coming out of the designing room.

It was Ayesha who answered instead. "Its nothing… anyway, are you all set to go?"

"I don't know what to wear," Khushi said. "This whole lunch thing has gotten me confused!"

"You know he likes you in whatever you wear, so why sweat?"

"Because its Rohit, Ayesh," Khushi answered, rolling her eyes. "You act like you never met him!"

Ayesha passed a quick look at Arnav, who was watching the entire exchange carefully before saying, "I met him, which is why I am saying don't worry! The guy loves you… he absolutely adores you! You can show up in a salwar, and he will think it's the most beautiful thing ever!"

"A salwaar is a beautiful thing," Khushi muttered, before walking to one of the full length mirrors around the boutique to check her reflection once again. "But I guess this dress is decent…"

Ayesha turned to Arnav triumphantly and said, "You were saying?"

Before Arnav could answer, however, Khushi's phone rang one more time. "Yes Darling?" she said, picking up on the first ring. "Right now? You sure? Okay, I'm leaving. Bye love!"

Khushi hung up the phone and hurriedly picked up her handbag saying, "Lunch is pre-poned. I gotta run! Bye!"

But Arnav stepped right infront of her, blocking her way. "You can't go," he said flatly.

"What?" she shrieked. "Who the hell are you to stop me?"

"Your contracter," he answered. "You signed a deal with me, remember?"

"Yeah," she said. "A deal that has nothing to do with this! Now get out of my way!"

"I can't," he said, crossing his arms across his chest. "Because we have a meeting right now."

Khushi was outraged. "What meeting?" she asked. "We weren't informed."

"Because it was scheduled a second ago," he replied with a smirk. "We have to discuss… err, the finances of the show."

She took a deep breath, trying to calm her building irritation. "Ayesh can take care of it. Now, excuse me Mr. Raizada."

But he held his ground. "Both the partners have to be here," he said, coolly. "So, you can't go."

"Make me," she challenged, before stepping beside him and running out the front door.

Arnav made to follow her, when he heard Ayesha's voice. "I told you," she said, grinning.

"No," he repeated, stopping in his tracks. "I know her."

"As you wish."

Arnav suddenly doubted his conclusion. Yes, Khushi did not "hook up" with someone, so to speak, but it didn't mean that she was not committed to the mysterious Rohit. What was more, Ayesha's meek response only instigated his thoughts for she was never the one to back down. There was definetlysomething amiss!

And so he took out his phone for the second time. "Aman!" he barked, as soon as the employee picked up. "I want all the information on a man named Rohit!"

Aman scrambled to find a piece of paper to jot down the instructions. "His last name Sir?" he asked.

"I don't know!" Arnav replied hotly. "Find out. I want to know everything! Especially how he is related to Khushi. Got it?"

"But sir, there are a million Rohits-"

"Then I suggest you get to work!" he replied, snapping his phone shut.

"Does Aman always do such useless things?" Ayesha asked coolly. "And more importantly do you pay him for it?"

Arnav glared at her; his heart was once again plunged into resentment, as his faith began to shake. "This is all your fault," he said menacingly. "If I find out that everything you have said is a lie…"

"So what?" she retorted. "You will kill me? Go ahead. It's the not the first time I have dealt with an arrogant toerag like you."

"What the hell is your problem? So what if Khushi is with me? I can give her a life beyond your imagination! It will be much better than what this pathetic Rohit can give!"

"That's what you all say," Ayesha replied angrily, taking a step towards him. "But in the end you all turn out to be a bunch of losers, who don't have the courage to stand up to your promises!"

"I keep my word," he retorted, equally angry. "I don't make fake promises."

Ayesha was now directly infront of him. "Then prove it," she hissed. "Prove it that you are not as worthless as you look!"

"How about you first prove that you are as good of a friend as you claim to be?" he asked. "Because clearly you are jealous of Khushi."

Ayesha was appalled. "Jealous?!" she said, her voice almost an octave higher. "How could you even think that?"

"Because I have also seen many best friends like you," he answered shrewdly. "They pretend to care for their friends, but only turn out to be back-stabbers."

Ayesha began to tremble in rage. She did not imagine in her wildest dreams that she would be  accused like this! "Look Mr. Raizada," she said, glaring at Arnav. However, she was interrupted by the arrival of Khushi.

"Ayesh?" Khushi said, confused with the murderous looks that were being passed between the two. "What's wrong?"

Ayesha took a deep breath, trying her best to push the ire out of her system. She didn't want to drag Khushi into this. It was her battle, and she was capable to fighting it alone! "Nothing," she said, her voice quite low after the shouting. "How was your date?"

Arnav's gritted his teeth when he heard the word 'date'. However, to his surprise and pleasure, Khushi's face fell in disappointment. "He cancelled. Something came up!"

"That sucks. I am sure you can reschedule though," Ayesha replied. "How about a candlelight dinner next time?"

Arnav interrupted the conversation. "How about a romantic evening beside the beach?" he offered satcastically and then added to himself, so even if he falls and drowns in the ocean, it will pass off as an accident!

Khushi glowered at him. "It's none of your business Mr. Raizada."

"Of course its my business," he replied, not being as successful as Ayesha to calm his anger. "Its my business who you spend the evening with!"

"What are you talking about?"

"I am talking about your date," he replied.

"Rohit is-"

"I've heard," he said, cutting her off. "But he won't be your boyfriend for long! Trust me!"

"our supplier," she finished. "Rohit is our supplier. He is the one who orders all the different types of cloth we use in the boutique…"

"So?" he asked, completely missing the point. "You still-"

"He is gay."

Silence.

The boutique was unnaturally quiet as the duo stared at each other. Arnav didn't know whether he should laugh or be relieved. Out of all the things he thought of in the past few minutes, he never considered this possibility.

His phone suddenly rang, causing Khushi to shake her head in contempt and leave. It was Aman.

"Sir," he employee said hurriedly on the phone. "Rohit… Rohit Saxena owns a material business. He supplies the boutique with various type of cloths for their designs. He has known them for a year, and is very good friends with Khushi Bhabhi. In fact, he is right now in the middle of finalizing a one year contract with her. And Sir, he is-"

"a homosexual," Arnav finished with a sigh. "I got that."

Aman didn't know what to say. For the first time since his employment, he was late submitting his assignment. "Sir," he began. "I am so sorry for-"

But he was cut off once again. "Forget it Aman," Arnav said calmly.

"But Sir," the employee protested.

"How about this?" Arnav said, feeling very generous. "You get a pay raise and we forget about this whole mess right now?"

Aman was at a loss of words. He got a pay raise for screwing up?

It seemed his boss didn't need an answer, for he said "I will see you first thing tomorrow with the Singhania's file."

And without waiting for a response, Arnav hung up. He gave one look at Ayesha, who seemed pretty composed despite their recent brawl and left the boutique,  his mind whizzing away with doubts. 

Phew! That was another nine page update! This is becoming a habit now! 😆

Btw, if you are wondering, the title of the chapter comes from one of Shakespeare's famous quotes in Othello: 

O, beware, my lord, of jealousy;
It is the green-eyed monster which doth mock
The meat it feeds on...

Okay, I will stop with the nerdy-ness 🤓. But do let me know what you think... It helps me a great deal knowing that my writing is understandable and not just a bunch of words strung together! 😆

Cheers!

Archi
Edited by -Archi- - 11 years ago
reflorated thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
res

YAYAYYY!!!! Me first!!!!

Alright, I know Ayesha is superr-protective. But seriously, she is getting me pissed off. I dont know why. Yep, ASR was in the wrong. But yes, can't she not see Khushi is capable of fighting her own battles? And that she certainly doesn't need help from her? But on the whole, the update was super-duper awesome!!

ME FIRST!!! (NYAAAHHH NYAAAHHH NYAHHH)

I got here before the PM!

Love,
V
Edited by V323 - 11 years ago
-Archi- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: V323

res

YAYAYYY!!!! Me first!!!!

Alright, I know Ayesha is superr-protective. But seriously, she is getting me pissed off. I dont know why. Yep, ASR was in the wrong. But yes, can't she not see Khushi is capable of fighting her own battles? And that she certainly doesn't need help from her? But on the whole, the update was super-duper awesome!!

ME FIRST!!! (NYAAAHHH NYAAAHHH NYAHHH)

I got here before the PM!

Love,
V

I know! I didn't even start sending the PMs yet! 😆 But thanks for the quick comment hun! 🤗 You read super fast! 
-Xpress- thumbnail
this was really awesome update... really loved this jealous arnav and poor aman this time before him arnav got all the info first..loved the upate

thanks for the pm.. continue soon..

take care