loved them
 continue soon
love
rakhi
Sea-Hawk thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Part 9: Subhamangal Sabdhan

6 30PM, At Guys' side

Everybody is almost ready. There were not so much people in barati as Pratham has a few reletives. Cars were ready. One Inova for the Bridegroom n the men who will go with him and one small luxary bus for others. Well in Bengali marriage groom don't ride on horse, they are supposed to look 'bechara' creature wearing Punjabi, Dhoti and Topor and Pratham was no exception but his friends were looking great in Pujama Punjabi and sherwani, especially Maan was looking great.

(Maan's Sherwani)

(Groom's Topor)

Maan has already awared his gang from the girls. They was expecting some deadly pranks so "BE AWARE" and their main target would be groom's shoe so "HIDE IT n SAVE IT" .. they were all set and about to move when Adi came and declared "Sharon has arrived just before half an hour and she is getting ready. 'Getting Ready' the word scared everyone as they knew she will take at least two hour for it.

Sharon Roy was Pratham's neibour and Maan's junior in school, she was not their sister by blood relation but here in Kolkata blood relation doesn't matter it's only the relation you share from your heart do matter. Sharon was a kindda common sister of all. She went to Mumbai for her graduation and met her man there.. thankfully she met Swayam there else if it happened in Kolkata then her protective brothers would have ruin it all, those who has brothers here I guess I don't have to explain it why, and imagine she has seven brothers to guard her though they were not her own sibling .. but Big Bro is Big Bro .. no matter they are by blood relation or 'Block relation.' Now Sharon and Swayam are married.  

Swayam is an engineer in a multinational company in Mumbai. They thought she won't be able to come but Sharon loved to give surprise.Whatever Sharon surprised them as she got ready in exactly fifty five minutes and Barati including Angel left for girl's house.

In Girl's house

Geet has already instructed her friends..

Geet: they are expecting some deadly prank' our job is to make them suspicious in every step, and our main focus will be on Jij's shoe. They will try to hide it so our moto will be 'FIND IT.'

Geet ended her speech. Everybody agreed. All the girls were looking preety in Benarasi saris. Well Bengali grooms may look like poor creatures but brides look gorgeous in Benarasi saris. Gauri was wearing a red benarasi n looking great. Their 'topor' also look beautiful.

(Gauri's Sari)

Barati came ' Gauri's mother did Pratham's aarti and welcomed him with his friends. Maan, Dev (1), Adi and Sharon was with Pratham. Girls let Sharon go with Pratham and stopped others.

Pinky: arre arre where are you going' jijaji k friends ke liye alagse ghar hai.. chaliye

She said closing their way.

Adi tried to protest: but why..we have no problem in sitting in this room.

Pari: yah we know that' par woha abhi sare rasme rivaz start ho jayega' uncle and unties will take over the place so

DeV cut her short: So its good na.. we will come to know about the customs .. it will help' ummm it will help during my marriage .. I mean our marriage .. I mean everybody's marriage.

Dev said in a nervous tone .. his baritone fizzed out in front of Pari. Pari got confused in his reply. She made a gesture and dragged Dev with him. Maan and Adi had no option but to follow her. They entered in another room.

Geet was standing there in front of the door wearing a beautiful green sari. For a minute Maan forgot to breath. For the first time he was seeing her in gorgeous avatar.

(Geet's sari)

He was almost lost in her when her words bring him back in reality.

Geet: arre jiju k friends .. why are you so scared.. hum kya aap logo ko kha jayenge?

She said so innocently, blinking her eyes, that it alarmed Maan .. this can be a indication of upcoming 'khatra.'

Geet: kya hua.. sit na.. you people are our guest tonight ' make yourself comfortable and where are other members of the gang?

"Here" said tara .. Dev(2), Mayank, Samat and Swayam entered along with Nupur, Gunjan and Tara.

Geet: good ab ap log yaha baithiye' we are arranging snacks for you people.

Maan: No we won't sit.

Maan was sure they have planned some prank there and as he said it his friends also promted the same, "we won't sit."

Geet looked with surprise.

Geet: Ok don't sit .. at least have some snacks.

Samrat: yes yes 

Tara, Nupur, Pinky and Gunjan entered with the treys of Reshmi Kabab, fish ball, gulab jamun and cold drink.

Geet again said sweetly: have something.

Other girls also said the same patting their eye leads. Boys again smelled something odd and refused the food.

Dev(2): No we won't have anything .. Actually humare yahan ladke ki gharme paani pina bhi mana hai

Everybody gave him a look so he corrected.

Dev(2): no I mean starters khana mana hai' we will have the main corse in the dinner .. no snacks for us.

Maan took the trey from Pari's hand: you people take rest sit here haan.. we will take care of this' aap log itna kam karte ho .. let us do this' barati hu koi paraya to nahi hu.. Geet sit here haan and have snacks.

Maan smirked thinking he has changed the game. Geet was waiting for it. She shrugged and sat on the couch.

Geet: ok girls sit .. they want to help us let them do' after all mehmaan bhagwan hote hai and how can we say no to God right.

Swayam was shocked with their stranges deeds. He declared: I am fine with having snacks ' I don't have any kindda custom to follow.. you people carry on with serving.

Dadima and Sharon were together and were more than shocked seeing guys doing waiter's job.

Dadima: Are you seeing the same what I am seeing.

Sharon nodded her head.

Swayam: they have gone mad.. behaving strange in front of the girls.

Guys was tierd after their serving session. Thankfully some elderly people recognized them as 'barati' and rescued them. They sat for having some rest when Maan jumped thinking something.

Maan: what the girls were doing while we were bust with this crap' are they trying to find out the shoe.

Swayam: Don't worry I am coming from their place. They are busy with Angel.

Maan: huh Angel' let them' kuch hi der me pata chal jayega he is not an angel but fallen angel(satan n his followers). Or waisebhi where we have hidden it none can find it from there.

He smirked and was going to make himself comfortable on the couch Geet came there.

Geet: hei guys what are you doing here' come come' it's the time of Subha Drishti' you have to carry the bride.

[In Bengali marrieges Subha Drishti is the first thing to happen when Bride arrives with Paan leaf in her hands, covering her face sitting on a wooden slab carried by her brothers]

Maan: but this must be done by Boudi's (bhabi) bros right?

Geet: right but Gauri di has no brother and you guys are like her brother right

She again blinked her eyes. Now Maan is confused as well as the gang. But they couldn't say no. When they entered the room Gauri was already sitting on the wodden slab and guys went to pick her up when Mayank stopped them.

Mayank: Guys first check .. kahi piche glue to nahi laga hai

Samrat nodded and before anybody could say anything he said: Boudi.. stand up .. we have to check the slab

Without waiting a minute he made Gauri stand up and started his investigation. All the elderly women standing there got the shock of their life. Maan and other guys was all embareshed, Dadima and Sharon was clueless and Geet and her gang smirked with the scene.

"Friends of the groom are insane or what" .. that was the only thing they heard when they picked up Gauri with the slab and entered the hall.

Pratham was standing there in the middle of the hall. Gauri was panicking sitting on the slab as she has very less faith on these guys and thought they can drop her in any moment. The last thing she wants to have a fracture on her wedding but this is Bengali culture which brings out the last drom of sweat from the body of brothers of bride. They had to circulate the bride around the groom that too for seven times and then have to hold her on the air till the Malabadal(Varmala) is over.

After doing the jobs of waiter and then of Cooly when girls asked them to have their dinner they didn't think for second time. By the time they were doing dinner some one from the girls was there to have an eye on them. Maan noticed it. He smirked inside and called Nupur.

Maan whispered on her ears: go and tell Geet we are not wearing pratham da's shoe ' it is somewhere else ' in a very safe place.. usse dhundne ki kousis na kare.

After dinner when guys entered the hall the 'yagya' was going on. Pandit was chanting the 'Mantras' but a problem occurred. Gauri is a Sanskrit Prof ' she knows all the hymns very well and almost in every line she was corecting the Pandit as he was saying something wrong or pronouncing something wrong. Poor Pandit is doing this job for a long time within his limited knowledge .. and nobody doubted him as a very rare people know this language but today it was his bad luck that he got a Sanskrit prof as the bride. Poor Pandit was having a tough time. Pratham tried to manage the situation.

Pratham whispered: Gauri leave him' what is the harm if he pronounce a hymn wrong

Gauri: No way in my marriage I want everything t  be right and perfect and being a Sanskrit Prof  I must correct him.

Gauri's brother gave the Pandit a helpless look. Just a few minutes ago he got rid after chanting the 'Kanyadanm' hymn at least for ten times.

Gauri to the Pandit: Now utter it right .. jadidang Hridayang Mamo' mamo ' not momo

Both Girls n Guys gang thought to make an escape from there.

Geet was fixing her hair in the was room when Nupur Pari and Pinky rushed in.

Nupur: Jldi chal ' we have found Jiju's shoe

Tara: and already stole it

Said Tara while running in. She show the shoe rapped in news paper.

Tara: They kept it under the couch rapped in news paper.

She removed the newspaper.

Geet frowned: but it seems to be an old show' jijaji purane jute pehenke shadi me aye hai kya?

Pinky shrugged: May be.. now hide it some where.

Pari: Hide it here in Girl's washroom.. none can find it here.. any guys can't come in

Gunjan: right .. good idea.

Geet agreed but the thought of old shoe stuck her.

After few minutes something happened and girls discovered everybody is searching something including old unties. Dadima was also there.

Geet went to dadima.

Geet: Dadima what happened' ap kya dhund rahe hai?

Dadima: Panditji ki jute'. Its lost.. he is not able to find it.

Geet gulped her saliva: was it an old Kolapuri Chappal?

Dadima: Yes.. have you seen it?

Geet: No not at all.

Geet rushed to other girls

Geet: Girls go and put the shoe from where you get it. It's Pandit ji's shoe. Go fast' do it before some one from Maan's gang come to know this mess. Girls followed what Geet said without a question. After instructing them Geet got mingeled with others and acted like she is also searching the shoes. And there Maan came to help her.

Maan: are you searching something

Geet: no ' nah.. nahi to

Maan: Oh I was searching for Pandit ji's chappal' I think your friends stole it thinking their jiju's shoe.[Geet's face lost its color and Maan smirked] ' tell them every shoe that is rapped in news paper is not groom's shoe' apne shadi me koi purane jute pehente hai bhala

Maan smiled widely. Geet's jaw dropped down so it was his trick to make them fool.

Geet: you made us fool

Maan: you made us waiter

Geet: this time you are not gonna win' we will still the shoe any how .. abhi to pura rat baki hai' or wo bhi 'Basor Rat'

After the dinner is over most of the Barati went back except the gang, Swayam and Sharon and Angel ' they stay back for "Basar Ratri." Now  Basar is the most playful part of Bengali wedding. In Bengali wedding Bride don't go to groom's house on wedding night ' the groom with his friends or brother and sisiters stay there in bride's house and whole night they have fun, play games, antakshari, crack jokes or celebrate singing and dancing. But in this whole fun only the people who is friendly with bride and groom took place no elderly people can come their .. well its not a rule but its what happen usually.

Arrangements of  'Basar rat' was almost done but most of the girls was missing. Pratham asked about them. "they are with Angel" replied Gauri.

Pratham: Hmm strange Angel doen't usually gel with others.. I guess he loved the fact that beautiful girls are pampering him a lot.

Pratham's words made Maan a little suspicious. He took Adi and Mayank with him and excused them. Other guys also followed them. They couldn't find any one from the girl gang there. They come out of the house. And there the girls had reach the car with the help of Angel, who knew the groom's show is there. Angel was standing like a body guard there.

Maan: hei what are you doing there.

He tried to approach but Angel barked.

Maan: Angel are you crazy they are our enemy .. you are supporting them.

Angel barked again. Maan ignored and approached.

Geet smirked: Don't ' don't try to move Maan.. nahito you have to lose your new Mochi shoe will land in Angel's abdomen .. jiju ke jute ke badle apne juto se hat dhona padhega.

Maan found his new expensive Mochi shoe dangling from Angel's mouth. Not only was his but everybody's shoe in risk.and most of them were brand new bought specially for this occasion.

Geet caressed Angel, "Angel dear please take care of these guys".. she smiled at Maan and joined the other girls who were trying to open the door with their clips. Angel started testing all the shoes by licking them. Maan couldn't hold himself more' he cursed Angel.

Maan: sale Bibhisan, Meerzafar ka aulad, back stabber' kutto ki history me tu akela aisa hai jo apne master se gaddari ki' kutto ki naam pe kalank hai tu.. baiman sale

Adi added: womanizer kahika .. ladki dekhi or niyat fisal gaya saleka

Angel barked .. he so much wanna attack this irritating guys but he is a gentleman .. I mean genteldog ' he can't ditch those girls.. he has to guard them' akhir chivelery naam ki bhi koi chiz hei.

Dev(1): Maan .. enough is enough now ' I'm not gonna spare this dog tonight' salla son of b***h.

Samrat: arre cool down guys' let them try ' wo car ki chabi ki bina car ki darwaza nahi khol sakte ' and the kea is here only

Samrat showed the kea and Geet saw that and shouted: Angel grab that kea and bring it to us.

And within a moment Angel did what she said. Maan ran behind it but Geet was swift enough. She took the kea and opened the door entered the car and Maan too entered in the car and shut the door. Geet discovered the shoe there and about to reach it when Maan also reached it and tried to snatch it away. In this process Maan landed on Geet.

Maan: jute churaye jate hai par but you people are robbing it' with Angel's help you are blackmailing us

Geet: Blackmailing huh' then we could ask for the kea from you but we didn't.. we snatched it

Maan: I won't let you take it

Geet: you will

He hold her hand tight so that she can't grab the shoe and Geet started wriggling under him.They didn't understand that how close they have come until Maan's warm breath started fanning Geet's face. Under the dim light of car he looked at her. He couldn't move his eyes. She was looking so beautiful. Geet also losing her sense under some unknown feelings. Her eyes got glued with Maan's. Nobody was able to break that trance. Maan was the first one who got the shoe but something didn't let him to take it. A thought that it would make Geet unhappy stopped him. Geet got the shoe and shouted, "Angel".. she threw the shoes outside and Angel dropped the shoe in Pari's hand and they ran inside the house leaving Maan and Geet behing. Angel became their hero.

Maan sat up slowly and shifted himself in a corner so that Geet could sit properly. They felt so odd that couldn't find a word. They just sat silently and keep stealing glances. After sometime Geet spoke.

Geet: ab hume chalna chhiye

Maan: hmm

Geet opened the door and tried to move but felt a pull' her pallu was trapped under Maans hand. Maan felt it only when she pulled it. He slowly moved hhis hand. Geet came out as well as Maan. Geet was leaving but Maan felt restless as he had something to say and if he doesn't say it the celebration will be incomplete.

Maan: umm Geet wo I wanted to say something'. Wo ctually you are looking great in this sari' and you always look great in sari.

Geet blushed: and you look like Hrithik Roshan in sherwani.

She laughed and ran away. Maan couldn't understand he should be happy with her complement or feel jealous on Hrithik' ohh this girls are so complicated. When he entered the hall he found Pratham was burgaining with his sisiter in laws. After they sealed the deal Sharon came in the field.

Sharon: Dada do one thing.. mere shagun bhi abhi dedo ' give my share now

Pratham: your share.. what share? You are my sister not Sali

Sharon: so what .. I have a share too' dekho I will get it after bhabi reach the home' but for that I will keep you standing out of your own home.. isse behtar hai abhi yahan de do' woha jatehi ghar me enter kar lena nobody will stop you.  

Pratham sighed: Maan issi liye kehte hai shadi matlab barbadi' paiso ki barbadi to hai hi' shadi k din salio or behen milke barbaad kiya or baki zindegi biwi barbaad karenge' be aware

Maan: hmm.. that's why its written in our hymns too' " Subhmanga Sabdhan."

hei friends how was it.. I know its too long... kya kare.. can't stop myself to write the detailing of Bengali marriage.. bear with me.. n plz hit d like button n comment plzzz😭 

Edited by sayaneegupta - 12 years ago
meena.. thumbnail
cont soon
_wallflower_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
amazing...
loved it..
seemamary thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Awesome, superb. Hope to see maaneet together soon.
kamiya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
awesome n amazing 

i really loved it...

thank u very much fr such a lovely update...

continue nxt prt soon...

plz add me in ur pm list

impoojaverma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

hahahhahahahhaha

i was laughing while reading it

specially dese lines

[Maan: sale Bibhisan, Meerzafar ka aulad, back stabber' kutto ki history me tu akela aisa hai jo apne master se gaddari ki' kutto ki naam pe kalank hai tu.. baiman sale

Adi added: womanizer kahika .. ladki dekhi or niyat fisal gaya saleka

Angel barked .. he so much wanna attack this irritating guys but he is a gentleman .. I mean genteldog ' he can't ditch those girls.. he has to guard them' akhir chivelery naam ki bhi koi chiz hei.

Dev(1): Maan .. enough is enough now ' I'm not gonna spare this dog tonight' salla son of b***h]

superb update by u dear

rsroopali thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4