Love, Unrequited [Thread 2 : Pg 140] - Page 105

Posted: 2 years ago

Chapter 54

I hadn't given much thought to the circumstances under which Kirti's parents got married, only thought about what might have happened for her to abandon her family. Urmi was literally forced into this marriage. Sold off like a commodity to the first person who was willing to accept the meagre dowry her father could afford. Karuna & Keshav may not have asked for it, but they didn't reject the dowry either, for whatever reasons. So the marriage definitely didn't start on a positive note for Urmi. It's not just that she coerced into a marriage at young age, but Urmi was convinced that she deserved better. While she sulked at her kismet, Keshav couldn't help but rejoice at his own. He was besotted by his wife since the moment he had laid eyes on her. The enchantment only increased with intimacy. Looks like he went beyond his means to keep her happy, to buy her love. A piece of moon for his Chand ka tukda, so to speak. She would ask him to jump, and he would ask "how high?". Urmi's demands must have started increasing after the realization that she has her husband by the balls, literally & figuratively πŸ˜† From 3 star hotels to 5 star, from jasmine garlands to probably gold & diamonds. Perhaps, Urmi was the reason he was forced to give up his job and drive a rickshaw.

This backstory makes me wonder if Urmi wants to stop Kirti from making the mistakes she made? Karuna must have been mad to see her only son spend his hard earned cash on his wife's frivolous demands. So I can understand why there was no love lost between the two of them. Maybe Urmi is aware about the Ojha family, and kind of knows how Kirti's married life with them would be? I know this is wishful thinking, but I do want to give Urmi a teeny tiny benefit of doubt. I also feel she regrets many of her decisions, but is too proud to admit it, even to herself. She may have managed to get rich husbands, but no one probably loved her like Keshav. Perhaps, she preferred to ignore her kids than to face the guilt & shame of abandoning them.

P.S. - Love the song "Tere mere hoton pe" 😍 Kirti got the singing genes from her Mom. Also the tea addiction πŸ˜Š

Urmila did not want to marry and her groom was not up to her expectations. This is the first time we feel bad for her. She had no choice in how her life turned out. But then, what has she really achieved now besides money? Happiness still eludes her. She has a rotating set of boyfriends but doesn't feel anything for anyone.

Kirti got her looks and singing talent from her mother. Does Urmila even know what she looks like? Was Urmila an anonymous follower of Biplab's channel where he posted Kirti's song?

We can understand if Urmila doesn't want Kirti to marry poor Mayank. What's her reservation with Kirti marrying Nishit? Does she feel he is not right for her? Or is she really as fickle as she seems to be and is lusting after him even after finding out he proposed to Kirti?

Kirti's life did not turn out any better either but she never resorted to selfishness. She looked after dadi, her little brother, her father to some extent. Urmila might not have gotten the life she wanted, but she never stuck around to care for others.

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Does Kirti have any fond memories of her mother? Was Urmila ever a loving mother?

Just as I finished reading, there is another chapter. What luck!

Nishit is down in the dumps. Urmi is waiting in the wings to make use of this opportunity.

"Society wants the explicit permission of the son of the house. Daughters, married daughters especially have no identity or right whatsoever of her own.’

β€˜In which era are you living, Di? The law has changed.’,"

β€˜Has it?’ She asked, disinterested. As if a law was going to change the ways of the world.’Are you eating well?’

Honestly..not because he has equal say and share in their assets ? Was she the not the one who wanted Dadi to live with her and take care of marriage ? How about society then...πŸ˜‘  Selective or as usual her reasoning is warped when she decides to so something. Justifies it no matter what.😑