Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Meerkat thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Ssanjinika

Will check them out. I am usually ambivalent towards all genres except romance(with a guaranteed HEA πŸ˜ƒ)  but would definitely watch something else when the mood strikes.

I am a sucker for HEA romances too. Earlier I used to read a lot of romance novels - regency and contemporary both. Then all regency romances started reading same. Contemporary romances these days are mostly insta-lust stories. Then I turned to Asian dramas. Indian dramas  I have grown up watching. The transition was like this - Indian -> Pakistani -> Korean -> Japanese -> Chinese/Taiwanese -> Thai 

If you look at it I haven't done anything worthwhile in my life other than watching dramas.πŸ˜† I have watched so much that nowadays I feel I have watched everything that was ever there. 

Meerkat thumbnail

Originally posted by: cheers2all

Sanskaar aur Sarkaar, dono hi true love ke beech aa rahe hain it seems πŸ˜†

"I shappath"  - Heard it after so loong! πŸ˜πŸ™ƒ

I started "Chupke Chupke" yesterday. It's good so far, but I have a major doubt - She keeps addressing him as "Bhaiyya". Am I connecting the wrong dots? πŸ˜²

In bold

🀣🀣

Yes, she keeps calling him Bhaiyya.  *things we need to overlook I guess*

Addressing as Ustadji is much better in my opinion. My mother (and hence I) is also in initial episodes only. For now, he has another girl Hadia or something and she is engaged to that girl's snob brother.

Let's see what and how do they bring them together and when they do that wouldn't the awkwardness of Bhaiyya thing loom over them. Because they are going to be the end game. Maybe this is supposed to be the plot twist and a hilarious turn of events?

Meerkat thumbnail

^

Earlier I thought this was going to be like Aunn Zara but family dynamics is different.I like Minu's family more than the Faizi's. Especially the two brothers and Bebo.  

Have you watched any of Feroze Khan's drama?

cheers2all thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Ginnosuke_Nohar

In bold

🀣🀣

Yes, she keeps calling him Bhaiyya.  *things we need to overlook I guess*

Addressing as Ustadji is much better in my opinion. My mother (and hence I) is also in initial episodes only. For now, he has another girl Hadia or something and she is engaged to that girl's snob brother.

Let's see what and how do they bring them together and when they do that wouldn't the awkwardness of Bhaiyya thing loom over them. Because they are going to be the end game. Maybe this is supposed to be the plot twist and a hilarious turn of events?

^

Earlier I thought this was going to be like Aunn Zara but family dynamics is different.I like Minu's family more than the Faizi's. Especially the two brothers and Bebo.  

Have you watched any of Feroze Khan's drama?

Oh ok....thanks for clarifying. I thought maybe I misinterpreted who the leads were. Yeah, they should have stuck to Ustaadji. I have made my peace with cousins marrying, but "Bhaiyya" is something that's ermm... unsettling. Let's see how it goes. As you said, they may have planned to use it to make the plot hilarious. I do like the other characters though and yes, Minu's family is definitely more fun. Her father is like a male Monisha πŸ˜†

Haven't watched Aunn Zara or any of Feroze Khan's drama? They good?

bakwas_serial thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Gerd is rough, rightly said. An everyday struggle, honestly. It was sheer negligence on my part to have left exercise and diet plans when I saw improvement.Now I have to start from zero all over again. And it's a vicious circle - acid reflux causes anxiety, anxiety causes acid reflux. But will get it another control by God's grace and discipline.

As for the helicopter scene, there is a story behind it. When I was six and my cousin two years old. we were playmates. He had gotten a new helicopter and I was playing with him. I must have found the floor a very uninteresting helipad, because I began to fly and land the helicopter on his head. He had this really long curly hair tied in a bun and some of it got entangled in the wheels of the toy. The boy began to cry and I having realized that I had caused trouble tried to help but only worsened the hair situation. So quickly took off and stood in a corner waiting for elders to disentangle the hair as they eyed me and showered me with praises for such ingenious ways of making trouble. I thought I was going to be banished from entering their house. It was 'mannat wala' hair they were planning to offer to their deity and I had totally brought about the situation where they would have to chop it at home only. Somehow, the hair was recovered without making use of scissors. So you see, the plot twist is I am the Buta of the story. πŸ˜› I wish I had a hare called Sylvester. At my maternal grandparents house they used to have a pair of hares. Oh, and whenever I wake up early, I play Bhajans loudly preferably Akshay Kumar's Maa Sherawaliye Tera Beta Aa Gaya πŸ˜†

Hugs...you made me smile wide. Your description of incidents are not.just vivid and detailed but the nuances make it more real and endearing. I cannot get it off my head that your cousin had curly hair as a bun and his head was your helipad πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ 

Well you have a gift in writing and may be antidote for the awful Gerd GN.  I found chewing tulsi/basil before a meal helps, plus breathing exercises and yoga.

I am sure you already know what works for you. Feel better soon 😍

Ssanjinika thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4

I am a sucker for HEA romances too. Earlier I used to read a lot of romance novels - regency and contemporary both. Then all regency romances started reading same. Contemporary romances these days are mostly insta-lust stories. Then I turned to Asian dramas. Indian dramas  I have grown up watching. The transition was like this - Indian -> Pakistani -> Korean -> Japanese -> Chinese/Taiwanese -> Thai 

If you look at it I haven't done anything worthwhile in my life other than watching dramas.πŸ˜† I have watched so much that nowadays I feel I have watched everything that was ever there. 

So true about the regency and contemporary romances these days. In fact, I have stopped with the contemporary romances all together. The insta-lust really turns me off. Kya karen, budappa is catching up, I guess πŸ˜†

Funnily, I never had the patience for Indian dramas once the trend of these 'mega' serials started. IPK is one of the few I watched from start to the end and only after the drama was done being telecast. Pakistani dramas can be nice but can also be forced tear-jerkers. And I don't enjoy that a lot of things are taboo in Pakistani shows. It would feel natural for me that the protagonists should hug in a scene and we've moved on smiley36 It throws me off, to be honest. 

Kdramas opened up a whole new world, a world that was a lot saner and a lot more enjoyable with their short story formats. These days I am quite enjoying Chinese/Taiwanese and Thai dramas. 

Binged My Forever Sunshine. I quite enjoyed this one despite the ML being more than a jerk in the initial episodes. 

It seems like I am only bingeing on dramas these days smiley36

Meerkat thumbnail

Originally posted by: cheers2all

Oh ok....thanks for clarifying. I thought maybe I misinterpreted who the leads were. Yeah, they should have stuck to Ustaadji. I have made my peace with cousins marrying, but "Bhaiyya" is something that's ermm... unsettling. Let's see how it goes. As you said, they may have planned to use it to make the plot hilarious. I do like the other characters though and yes, Minu's family is definitely more fun. Her father is like a male Monisha πŸ˜†

Haven't watched Aunn Zara or any of Feroze Khan's drama? They good?

Aunn Zara is another fun filled drama you can watch. 

Feroze Khan's two dramas, I have watched. Khaani and Gul e Rana. He is a good actor and has a strong screen presence. But I wouldn't recommend any of the two. He is an antihero in both of these and very convincingly plays the roles but there's open ending in both of them. His recent Khuda aur Mohabbat is making a lot of noise in the dramaland. I thought maybe you were following it. 

I don't know which Paki dramas you have watched but I can recommend a few to you. They are not funny but have beautiful stories. I am sure you must have watched all of Fawad's popular dramas so leaving them out. You can try Diyar E Dil - the first few episodes might be burdening but it improves; Yakeen Ka Safar also I suppose you must have already watched - it is one of my favourites - best scenes are after epi 18 and Gohar E Nayab - this one isn't popular but I love it. I loved the interaction between the hero and heroine. I feel you'd like it too. 

Meerkat thumbnail

Originally posted by: bakwas_serial

Hugs...you made me smile wide. Your description of incidents are not.just vivid and detailed but the nuances make it more real and endearing. I cannot get it off my head that your cousin had curly hair as a bun and his head was your helipad πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ 

Well you have a gift in writing and may be antidote for the awful Gerd GN.  I found chewing tulsi/basil before a meal helps, plus breathing exercises and yoga.

I am sure you already know what works for you. Feel better soon 😍

Thanks for your kind words Shradha. I was having a hard time yesterday and your words took off some of the stress I was going through.❀️

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

So Buta has his roots in you. The helicopter story was fun to read.

Meerkat thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ssanjinika

So true about the regency and contemporary romances these days. In fact, I have stopped with the contemporary romances all together. The insta-lust really turns me off. Kya karen, budappa is catching up, I guess πŸ˜†

Let's make a Budhiya gang πŸ˜›πŸ˜†and recommend each other some good old school romances if and when we come across any. 

Funnily, I never had the patience for Indian dramas once the trend of these 'mega' serials started. IPK is one of the few I watched from start to the end and only after the drama was done being telecast.

I never followed any show completely. Have always watched bits and pieces of it. With IPK also it was same. I always knew what was going on in the show when it was airing but did not sit through entire episodes. Suddenly everyone was gaga about this new guy ASR in school but I used to think he isn't new. I had already watched a Sony show of his where he was a Shravan I think. See, I always know about serials and their stories. πŸ˜†

Pakistani dramas can be nice but can also be forced tear-jerkers. And I don't enjoy that a lot of things are taboo in Pakistani shows. It would feel natural for me that the protagonists should hug in a scene and we've moved on smiley36 It throws me off, to be honest. 

The lack of intimacy I understand but I have accepted it as their style and culture like soju and frog kisses - that open eyed shock as the guy kisses you used to be a norm till so long - are of Korean's. Tear jerkers and many wives - some or say most of the recent dramas they are making can be very retrogressive but the industry still boasts of gems that changed my thinking about serial and story telling.

Kdramas opened up a whole new world, a world that was a lot saner and a lot more enjoyable with their short story formats. These days I am quite enjoying Chinese/Taiwanese and Thai dramas. 

Agree on that. Kdramaland just sucked me in. I loved that I could relate to their idea of love. Then they didn't go too long and were wrapped in 16-20 episodes.  Hey you watch Taiwanese? I have 2 recs - only two that I have watched and liked. 

1.I, myself  - Last year during a dark phase of my life, I watched it and it had such a healing and soothing effect. 

2. Someday or One day - Everybody praised it for its tight plot and unpredictable story. I don't know. I am a shallow person. I saw teh hero and it was love at first sight. 

Binged My Forever Sunshine. I quite enjoyed this one despite the ML being more than a jerk in the initial episodes. 

Yes, he was a jerk and though the girl acted childish and stubborn I liked her growth. I had gone and read the novel of this through google translation. Yes, I am crazy.

If you liked the hero, there's another light rom com drama - My Husband In Law. You can watch that. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmHO7djXfR0

It seems like I am only bingeing on dramas these days smiley36

Now with the amount of knowledge that I have about dramas, you think I do anything else?πŸ˜†

Edited by Ginnosuke_Nohar - 2 years ago