Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Meerkat thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Ssanjinika

Does Nishit realize how snobbish he sounds in 'A Tiff of Sorts'? Though he does go on to explain that it is the lack of disability-friendly buses that led him to protest rather than a disdain for public transportation, somehow his initial reaction had me reading it in a disgust-filled voice.

Biplap's dramatic rescue had my heart go thump-thump. If there was ever a candidate for hero material, then it is Biplap. I do hope he is cognizant of how his actions may seem to a sheltered, disabled girl and reciprocates her dhak-dhak's to an extent. 

On another note, has it been revealed in the previous chapters what caused Prasanna's disability? Had she been born without the use of her legs or was it caused by an illness. I am sure this has no bearing on the story at all, but I was just curious that you had a character that was disabled and that led to me wondering about her legs and the lack of their use.

I love how you brought out the complete disregard India has for disabled people. Nowhere I remember seeing disability-friendly buses or trains while growing up. Of course, it's been years since I've been on any Indian public transport and things may have changed now (at least, according to the Malayalam movie 'Bangalore Days', it has. If you haven't watched this one, I highly recommend it.)

I feel this chapter revealed another layer of Nishit. I actually saw him as not just an overprotective brother, but as a person who loved his sister deeply and wanted to protect the loved one from imagined, and perceived hurt. Woe betide Biplap if he ever hurts one hair on Prasanna's head. 

I have watched Bangalore Days! The other day there was a discussion going on South Indian movies and actors. I have watched my fair share of South Indian movies. I will confess I gravitate more towards Malayalam movies and actors. I have a bias for Fahad Faasil. The Idukki song from his movie is so cinematically beautiful. Captures the rustic beauty of Kerala. 

My muse behind Prasanna and Biplab is this song

https://youtu.be/IWOPRFRNj3g

Edited by Ginnosuke_Nohar - 3 years ago
kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ginnosuke_Nohar

I have watched Bangalore Days! The other day there was a discussion going on South Indian movies and actors. I have watched my fair share of South Indian movies. I will confess I gravitate more towards Malayalam movies and actors. I have a bias for Fahad Faasil. The Idukki song from his movie is so cinematically beautiful. Captures the rustic beauty of Kerala. 

I wanted to ask when you had first referenced this movie! Ishq, was good.  Well I can be called biased since it’s my language, but Malayalam movies are in a different spaceπŸ˜† have you watched kumbalangi nights, this kid is shaping into a good actor.

P.S: I like FaFa too! 

Ssanjinika thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4

FF is P(Kizh's) .❀️I confess, like him too but am a tad bit more partial towards Dulquer and Nivin Pauly.  πŸ˜›

Ishq - This movie was really good. That guy is a good actor. I've seen him in a few movies. 

Ssanjinika thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4

Money Flower, I had started watching but left it in between. 

You were talking about Hospital Playlist right? I loved Lee Ik Joon. Jung Suk might not have that tall and beautiful personality that other Korean actors have, but he has acting skills and an impeccable comic timing!

I've seen him in Oh my ghost and in The King 2 Hearts. I wasn't super fond of him though thought his acting was good. You are right, he is not that tall, beautiful korean heros that everyone digs, but he was really good in this one. I loved him. Hospital Playlist was really good. I think it is one of the best shows released last year. 

kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

FF is P(Kizh's) .❀️I confess, like him too but am a tad bit more partial towards Dulquer and Nivin Pauly.  πŸ˜›

Ishq - This movie was really good. That guy is a good actor. I've seen him in a few movies. 

πŸ˜†

DQ has got a movie coming out, I’m looking forward to it. Based on a real life character

Meerkat thumbnail

Originally posted by: kizh72

πŸ˜†

DQ has got a movie coming out, I’m looking forward to it. Based on a real life character

Yes, saw the trailer. The trailer is short but leaves an impact. And Dalquer...haaye Dalquer πŸ˜†

Meerkat thumbnail

I've seen him in Oh my ghost and in The King 2 Hearts. I wasn't super fond of him though thought his acting was good. You are right, he is not that tall, beautiful korean heros that everyone digs, but he was really good in this one. I loved him. Hospital Playlist was really good. I think it is one of the best shows released last year. 

Oh My Ghost I did not finish, actually. The lusty ghost inhabiting a woman concept was good however, became problematic the way she ogles the men, or slips next to unwitting man in a sauna. Then, the scene where she takes a long look at the naked men in the shower room. The same thing when done by a man would have been so vile, off putting as well as  controversial, bringing collective criticism from netizens. The same thing when done by a woman, whatever be the premise, is supposed to be funny? So, I could not continue past four episodes despite the girl being so cute.

Meerkat thumbnail

Originally posted by: kizh72

I wanted to ask when you had first referenced this movie! Ishq, was good.  Well I can be called biased since it’s my language, but Malayalam movies are in a different spaceπŸ˜† have you watched kumbalangi nights, this kid is shaping into a good actor.

P.S: I like FaFa too! 

Oh wow, you know the language. I am so envious. I want to learn it so that I don't have to depend on subtitles. There are so many languages I want to read and learn just so that I can watch movies and read the novels.πŸ˜† 

Kumbalangi was a good movie. 

Yes, he looks like a hard working actor always trying to outdo himself.

Fahad has this mature and understated quality about him which is very attractive. 

Meerkat thumbnail

Dalquer and Nivin are both very good actors. Actually I had started with actor Prithvi, then found these gems. Nivin's Premam was my first movie of his. I fell for Sai Pallavi there. She's so pretty. 

Bangalore Days was such a good package. All my favourite ones in single movie. At first I was skeptical because I had already seen Nivin and Nazriya and Nazriya-Dalquer as a couple in their previous movies. How to watch them as cousins but then I found Das would be the husband so you know not so bad after all... πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜†

kizh72 thumbnail

Oh wow, you know the language. I am so envious. I want to learn it so that I don't have to depend on subtitles. There are so many languages I want to read and learn just so that I can watch movies and read the novels.πŸ˜† 

Kumbalangi was a good movie. 

Yes, he looks like a hard working actor always trying to outdo himself.

Fahad has this mature and understated quality about him which is very attractive. 

Have you watched maayanadhi?