Love, Unrequited [Thread 2 : Pg 140] - Page 31

Posted: 3 years ago

Nishith's worry is understandable, but only upto a point and not justified in my opinion. I believe, Prasanna has had this condition for a long time now? And he is still so apprehensive about her moving around? In others company? That is not concern but control. Or may be it is concern. But instead of empowering her to enjoy independence, she is being made to toe the expected line and play the invalid martyr. ( I don't want to come across as fire breathing feminist but that is how I see it. There was a refrence of Prasanna being sexually frustrated and doing something about it. But what did Nishith do? He threw the guy out, fearing she is being expoilted by the guy).

Life doesn't stop for anyone. People get used to accidents, tragedies even death. Nishith and others are living their life, it is Peasanna, who is stuck in the chair. After the initial shock, it becomes a routine to see the person or may be dismiss them. Nishith hadn't done that, he worries. But nothing more. 

Kirti finds it odd that Biplab wants to strike a relationship of sort with Prasanna. Quite normal reaction. Nobody wants an additional baggage. But there are people in this world who are willing to take the risk. May bevBiplab is one of them. 

Originally posted by Arshi67

You picked the best to start with! i would love to get a peek of your rhyming ๐Ÿ˜„Certain words just sound so beautiful to the ear even before you read the meaning, don't they?!  

He he he, my shaiyri is all water under the bridge now. I don't mind the loss as it was all a competition for me. But I agree with you that urdu words are so beautiful. My daughter is a fan of Pakistani and Turkish dramas, even she has started liking urdu now. I am thinking of buying an urdu-english dictionary for her ๐Ÿ˜€.

Edited by p4peppa - 3 years ago

Faiz's Tarana is so powerful, particularly "jab takht giraye jayenge, jab taaj uchhale jayenge". That line captures the feeling of revolution perfectly. 

Recently I saw a video and the music was so soulful that I had to google it. The original song is sung by Manmohan waris & others : Teer te taaj vekhan noo. It is in Punjabi so had hear it many times to get the meaning. But the video it was used for, made the song even more mesmersing ( it was on Sikh farmers protesting in Delhi..... Sorry ... can't seem to let go ๐Ÿ˜€)

True p4peppa.

Nishit has to let Prasanna be in the driver seat of her life. He can help her out with the logistics, but can't tell her what to do.

Originally posted by p4peppa

Recently I saw a video and the music was so soulful that I had to google it. The original song is sung by Manmohan waris & others : Teer te taaj vekhan noo. It is in Punjabi so had hear it many times to get the meaning. But the video it was used for, made the song even more mesmersing ( it was on Sikh farmers protesting in Delhi..... Sorry ... can't seem to let go ๐Ÿ˜€)

I see what you mean. It's haunting, especially when you see the powerful visuals with it. 

Originally posted by p4peppa

He he he, my shaiyri is all water under the bridge now. I don't mind the loss as it was all a competition for me. But I agree with you that urdu words are so beautiful. My daughter is a fan of Pakistani and Turkish dramas, even she has started liking urdu now. I am thinking of buying an urdu-english dictionary for her ๐Ÿ˜€.

I love Pakistani dramas as well. I've lost count of the number I've watched over lockdown! Have you tried Rekhta's dictionary? It's an excellent site. 

Originally posted by coderlady

True p4peppa.

Nishit has to let Prasanna be in the driver seat of her life. He can help her out with the logistics, but can't tell her what to do.

And sometimes it needs someone from the outside to point that out. Nishit's mindset where Prasanna is concerned probably hasn't altered since years and he reacts in auto mode. 

I love Pakistani dramas as well. I've lost count of the number I've watched over lockdown! Have you tried Rekhta's dictionary? It's an excellent site. 

Wow! Thanks for the recommendation. The site is awesome. I am going to be bizzy.

I loved ' Dhoop Kinare'. We had a ritual of sorts to rent the video tapes every 3-4 months and watch through out the night. 

I tried making my daughter watch it on youtube, but.... Well it is over 30 yrs old so she can be forgiven for giving it a pass ๐Ÿ˜€

31. A 90s Villain

'Kirti, I committed a mistake, today.' He said out of blue.

Turning away from the window she looked at him.

The bus had begun to swell with passengers with each stop. The seat next to her would have been occupied by a sturdy strange man, but Nishit had come asking for a seat exchange.

'I should not have said those things earlier,' Nishit regretted.'To use the word disability! I am very ashamed. I could have used a better word. Challenges, maybe?' 

They had never been close so an access to an aperture to his private thoughts was disarming. It took time to get over the suddenness of it, and gather her wits to form an appropriate answer.

'It's okay. All of us err from time to time,' was her attempt at consoling.

'I hurt her badly, didn't I? She was crying!'

'You can apologize. She'll forgive you.'

'I am all up for her having new experiences, living her life to the fullest. But...I don't want her to feel any less because of her challenges. And it isn't easy to safeguard that. At home we can guarantee all the love but outside people can be very casually insensitive.'

Kirti nodded her head. 'I understand. But a bird will always prefer an open sky to a gilded cage, Nishit, however dangerous it is to fly solo. You have to include her among people to safeguard her strength and belief.'

'Forget others. I, myself, did not think once to throw the disability word at her which could undermine her whole hard earned confidence. Do I even deserve to be called her elder brother?! How do I expect others to treat her equally?'

'She doesn't need others. She needs your faith in her abilities. And don't beat yourself over it, Nishit. You are a pretty good brother. Protective and caring! Tame down on some of that smothering protectiveness, and let her push her boundaries a little and you are good to go! I would have said it'd have been nice to be a younger sister to an elder brother like you but I think, older or younger my brother is the bestest so...'

'Thank God for small mercies!' He responded. 

'Yes, thank God! If we would have been siblings, we'd have torn down each other along with the house!' She laughed.

'Kirti, can you shut up, please?' He said, annoyance written all over his face.

'Uhm, if you remember, I did not start?' 

Wow. So, once his piece was over, one should shut up? What was she? A listening board?!

Focusing her gaze on the fields outside, she did not talk any further. Not even when he said, 'No North-South comparisons today? How am I surviving the bus? Or if the common people's odour is suffocating or not?'

'Kinda feels dull without your judgments! What? Not talking? Non ekadashi hour started or something?'

Her head swiveled, her eyes livid.

'You've got to decide if you want me to shut up or want me to open my mouth to berate you!'

'Bring the berating all you want but yes, shut up if you are going to talk about sibling theories.' He answered.

'Di...' Biplab had walked to their seat. 'Water!' He said.

'Oh,' she said, remembering that she had the drinks and food. Pulling out some snacks packets and two bottles of water, she handed them to her brother and watched him walk to his seat to share the food items with Prasanna. He whispered something into Prasanna's ears to which the girl laughed.

'Your brother is a natural flirt,' Nishit commented. It seems he had been watching them too.

'It takes one to know, so...' Kirti gave it back.

'What an opportunist! There was no need for him to lift my sister, but what better chance than this, right? Impress and all that!'

'Why are you, an expert yourself in such matters, asking me to confirm your postulations? You think I have some exceptional degree in flirting?'

'No?' He raised his brows.

'And how single minded do you have to be to not see anything beyond flirting?! He was helping her!' She continued, not deeming it necessary to acknowledge his earlier 'no?'

'Helping, my foot!' He scoffed. 'Could have asked me to carry her, maybe? I was there wasn't I?'

'And ever the understanding brother, you'd have acquiesced?' She challenged him.

'I did not like your brother's forwardness a bit!' He said.

'I can understand. The 'chowkidar' in you must be kicking in! But you know what as long as she did not find it uncomfortable, I could care a damn what you liked or not. My brother was helping her for God's sake.'

'Sorry if I see him as a hot blooded male first, then your brother.'

'You are sick! If you'd allow me to remind you, you lifted me up twice the other day. You were helping right? No ulterior motive, was there?'

When he said nothing, satisfied that she had produced a valid point, she continued, 'I know my brother enough to know he'd not uselessly flirt or toy with someone's feelings unlike some not-any-longer-suitable-to-be-called-callow men.'

'You have a very generous opinion about me.'

'Why? Having opinions about others' character is under your patent?'

'Absolutely not! Please go ahead and paint my character to your liking. As long as I have your undivided attention!'

She withdrew her attention from him immediately and looked at the duo in the front. 

Did Biplab have to like Prasanna out of all the people? Apart from her being a rich heiress and them equivalent to peasants, was not the reason that Nishit was her brother a deterrent enough?!

She should have curbed the guy's TV time. Watching 90s movies had gotten into his head! What would be next? Playing a piano at Prasanna's birthday party as her other rich suitor and the villainous brother would stand mocking her poor Biplab! 

Nishit as a villain brother unconsciously brought a smile on her face. 

'Penny for your thoughts?' The 90s villain asked.

'Mind your own business,' she said, pulling out her ear phones from her sachet purse and pushing them into her ears. 

Looking out, listening to slow romantic songs, she munched on the chips. She'd have shared with him had he not defiled her brother's character.

The huts and paddy fields had begun to appear, the sun going strong. She slid close the curtains as the scorching sun begun to shine on the glass window, the glaze of it unbearable.

Now, she had no option but to notice him. The man having drained his energy after making preposterous arguments had dozed off. Hands across chest, head bobbing, shoulders any moment ready to fall from the seat into the aisle and hurt itself!

Unable to ignore, she pulled him inside towards her, herself scooting in.

Jerking from his fitful nap he opened his eyes and sat straight, blinking away the sleep and taking in his surroundings. 

'Want to eat something?' She asked.

He shook his head, his eyes still drowsy.

Her eyes closed, she was drowning in the Utopian world that Abhijeet's voice fabricated, when She felt his head drop on her shoulder. 

'Nishit?' She called out.

'Just five minutes,' he pleaded, 'Woke up really early,' he reasoned,'Did not get a good night's sleep too.'

Talk about giving some space, and he'll want the whole shoulder!

Awkward at the whole arrangement, she went back to her song,

Bharke mujhe apne aagosh me so ja mere geshuo ke tale

Tere siwa kuchh najar aaye naa aise lagale mujhko gale

Teri wafao pe bharosa karu tujhse kabhi naa dhokha karu

Tune kiya hai aitbar

Five minutes he had said, and slept through the entire next hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf5NbTDoI30

Edited by Ginnosuke_Nohar - 2 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Did you see they have a course also now? And itโ€™s just very little for I think lifetime access. I need to find sometime ๐Ÿ˜†