Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WaqtZaya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Most Comments (August 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 4 years ago

Shruti i have a request. All the pages our talented writers Especially @Maahi & amigoes have posted their work which they didn't want to post at MF, could you pls mention the pages in the AT first page? If you can and time allows you to. 

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

This content was originally posted by: MisHumptyDumpty

Shruti i have a request. All the pages our talented writers Especially @Maahi & amigoes have posted their work which they didn't want to post at MF, could you pls mention the pages in the AT first page? If you can and time allows you to. 

I don't know the page numbers. 😔

If someone gives me links, I'll add them in the index.

.amigos. thumbnail

Oh my god, tum sab paagal hogaye ho.🤣 FINE I'M POSTING IT HERE. GIVE ME TEN MINUTES. BUT DON'T EXPECT SHIT OUT OF IT. IT'S RANDOM AF! Matlab koi start, end kuch nahi hai. Random okay?

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

This content was originally posted by: .amigos.

Oh my god, tum sab paagal hogaye ho.🤣 FINE I'M POSTING IT HERE. GIVE ME TEN MINUTES. BUT DON'T EXPECT SHIT OUT OF IT. IT'S RANDOM AF! Matlab koi start, end kuch nahi hai. Random okay?

Drops of rain in a parched desert. Chalega. 😆

.amigos. thumbnail

OKAY YELO. BOHAT HI RANDOM HAI. Also This Bajaj is kind of different from my Bajaj. I wrote it post my first OS so I was still mulling over stuff and since the scene isn't complete and I hate it but parhlo.🤣

Prerna sank to her knees in the steaming hot water. The heat loosened her stiff muscles and the scent of fresh roses and lilies drifting off the candles she’d placed at the end of the tub lulled the lethargy out of her bones. She smothered the sponge with soap and began a trail up her skin. Only to halt when a commotion sounded the air.

Her eyes shot open and the lazy languor that had spread through her body dissipated, leaving in its place a wanton, sizzling electric buzz that began at the tip of her fingers and rushed to the end of her toes.

He was home. Finally, he was home. And he’d seen what she’d done.

Prerna shook with mirth, a giggle bubbling up inside her chest and swallowing the silence.

She had wanted to be there when he finally experienced her artwork. But the risk had outweighed the reward. She tried imagining his reaction, now. His luminous, black eyes enlarging with rage, his fists clenched, his jaw tapering to a tick. Another giggle burst forth.

It was his fault, she reasoned. All she wanted to do was talk. Negotiate. But he wouldn’t listen. So, she’d to stoop to doing something that would gain his attention.

She hadn’t done much. Except, paint his bedroom and office. The color she was told he specifically detested.  A dark, shocking pink. And of course, while she was at it, and he was gone for a six-days conference, she messed his wardrobe. That is poke a hole in few of his favorite shirts. Or all of his favorite shirts. She’d lost count.

Prerna cast her legs out, and rested her head against the rim, letting her fingertips draw a trail across her bare arms. He must be livid. Fuming with anger. But he’d wait for her. And she’d take her time.

Except that wasn’t what happened.

A bang rent the air and the door rocked back on its hinges, slamming against the wall.

A sputtering cry escaped her throat, and she jerked up, splashing water across the lacquered walls, drenching the parquet and the crimson rug. Panic festooned and her hands crimped, folding across her glistening, naked body. She fumbled and opened her mouth to scream, but his eyes were elsewhere.

In three purposeful strides, he reached for the glass slider on the other side of the restroom, wrenched her terry robe off the hook, and threw it at her.

Turning his back to her, he went for the door, and clinched the lock, forcing her inside with him, “ten seconds,” rage brewed in his words, “put that on.”

Prerna jumped to her feet, clamping the robe around her, pushing her hands through the folds in a frenzy, “you insensitive, barbaric—”

“Four seconds. Three—”

“Stop it!”

“One.”

“Get out!”

He turned, and branded her with a frost-stare, “you wanted my attention? You have it. Let’s negotiate.”

Prerna tightened the robe around her, tying the belt with quick, nimble fingers, and made a move to get out of the tub, “get out. Right now.”

“Step out and you’ll regret what happens next,” the words were dark and promising.

Prerna stilled, shaking with panic and something more. She’d played with fire and now she was singed. He wasn’t just livid. He was emanating a dangerous, animal energy that terrified her.

“If you don’t go away, I’ll scream.”

He was pitiless, “this is my house. No one will come.”

“You can’t be here!”

“I can go anywhere I bloody well please.”

He was turning colder by the second. Back to the aloof, ruthless man she knew so well. And she didn’t know whether that should’ve scared her or thrown her into the arms of relief.

Her chin rose, “this may be your house, but this is my room! You can’t invade someone’s—”

“Privacy?” He advanced on her and she backed off, “say it. I dare you.”

Prerna’s foot slipped and she lurched but he was close and quick. He raised her out of the tub and carried her to the marble countertop, forcing her on the perch and standing between her legs.

Prerna was red, scampering for refuge. But he only pressed closer.

“What are you doing?” She breathed.

His face drew close and his bottomless eyes held her captive, “what’s wrong? Am I making you uncomfortable?”

She pressed her damp palms against his shirt but he didn’t budge.

“Mr. Bajaj. We can talk outside.”

“Right here is just fine. Come on Prerna. What is it that you want?”

She watched the wet blot her hands had pressed against his shirt and cast a nervous glance around them. He was too close. His spicy, sandalwood scent permeated her senses. His pants pressed against her bare legs. His hands were around her. And his mouth sat too close for comfort. Prerna wanted to escape, but he was everywhere, smothering her with his presence, scaring her…exciting her, wreaking a havoc somehow only he could.

His fingers found light purchase beneath her chin, and she felt the hot, satin scrape of his thumb and forefinger against her jaw. He tilted her head toward him and she was lost in his brilliant, black stare, “boundaries Miss Sharma, are a two-way street. I respected yours and you should have respected mine. The next time you pull a stunt as childish as the one I’ve just met below, you’ll find no sanctuary to hide. Do I make myself clear?”

Prerna’s anger flared, “I’d like to call that civil disobedience. You left me with no choice. I’m tired of you and your curfews. Besides, you don’t have the right to lecture me on ethics. Not after what you’ve done.”

He was remorseless, dry, “yes. The rot festers my mind. I haven’t slept in days. I think I’m a changed man now.”

“I can’t believe you.”

“Oh, then start now Miss Sharma. Because if you take me in on a war, it’s going to get dirty.”

She bared her teeth, “if someone had told me I’d be battling it out with the big, bad Rishab Bajaj, I won’t have wasted my time on economics and accounting. I would’ve headed straight for the war strategy section. Alas, poor Prerna.”

He raised a brow, “keep acting like a child Miss Sharma and you’ll be treated like one.”

Prerna smiled, “let me complete the picture by sticking out my tongue.”

He caught her head in a firm hold and brought her closer, “do that and I’ll put you over my knee.”

She felt his whisper. She felt it everywhere. Melting on her skin. Coiling inside her stomach. Brushing against her legs. Heating her blood. Her face was hot and she looked away, frenetic for a safe ground.

“All of this is your fault,” she found her distraction and held onto it with desperate words, “you’ve caged me and Sneha inside this museum you call house and we’re dying of boredom.”

“Caged?”

“You don’t let me take her anywhere! The kid deserves some fun in life.”

“What rubbish Miss Sharma. Sneha can go anywhere she wants.”

“Except the carnivals.”

Rishab rolled his eyes, “except your bloody carnivals.”

“Mr Bajaj—”

“The rides are unsafe. The crowd is definitely not safe. And I have far too many enemies. I’m sure Sneha can do without a plastic horse giving her a tardy piggyback.”

Prerna’s frustration climbed, “you’re robbing her of her childhood!”

“Yes. I’m afraid stopping her from visiting a pollen-infested dust camp is the end of the world.”

“Why don’t you get it? Your daughter wants to visit that pollen infested dust camp as you so respectfully put it. I’ve taken her everywhere. The mall arcades, the in-house skating rinks, the five-star amusement parks. But she wants to go see the road side circus. And she should. There’s nothing wrong with curiosity. It’s an innocent wish. A wish you’re capable of fulfilling!”

“My daughter’s safety is paramount Miss Sharma.”

“Nothing is going to happen to her. I promise.”

He scoffed, “you promise? What are you going to do? Throw a fish at someone who has a glock to your head?”

“Well, your security guards can handle that. How many things can go wrong between now and then? Just one ride. Just one visit. She won’t eat anything. I’ll make sure of that. You take care of the security. I’ll take care of your daughter. Why do we need to fight when we can give this to her? Together?”

An imperceptible softness breached his stare, “Prerna—”

“I know your childhood sucked. But, hers doesn’t have to. If you protect her from the world but feed her to your own demons, what’s the point?”  

“You’re good at lectures, Miss Sharma. I’ll give you that.”

Prerna blew her fuse, “you know what? We’re done. Thank you for coming to my illuminating session. Now, you can get out. I need to shave my legs.”

He slid a glance to her bare legs, flimsily covered by her robe, “in a minute. I have a proposal for you.”

She perked up, “you’re agreeing?”

“We can discuss the possibility, yes. I want a favor of you.”

“A favor?”

“I’ll put 3% of Basu Publications’ shares on the market. Same price I bought them for. In return, you’ll quit your theatrics immediately and do as I want.”

Prerna frowned, “just 3%?”

Rishab’s mouth curled, “I’m a businessman, Miss Sharma. 3% is quite a lot. At least for starters. You can always negotiate for more. Given I’m in the mood.”

“What will I do? Nothing shady?”

“Depends on the definition. You’ll go play golf with Madhvi Joshi and her clique on Wednesday, at five.”

“Madhvi Joshi? The R&J Fashion Madhvi?”

“Her, yes.”

“I don’t know the first thing about golf. Wednesday is four days away.”

“Enough time to marinate you in the basics. Mehra will start training you tomorrow. Besides, golf isn’t the point. I’m planning to takeover the company. I need you to find out whether their marriage is on the rocks or not.”

“Why? Are you interested Mr. Bajaj? Does that mean you’ll release me and offer another heinous deal to Mrs. Madhvi?”

“Don’t call her Mrs. Madhvi when you meet her. She’ll take affront. And yes, I’m interested. Half of his assets will go to her in case of a divorce. I don’t want a white elephant at my hands.”

“How will I know whether she hates his guts or not? I hate yours. But the world has yet to call my bluff.”

Bajaj pushed a wisp of hair behind her ear, “you’re doing a splendid job, my love. I’m sure you’ll figure it out. You have four days.”

.amigos. thumbnail
PenguinBaby thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6