MishBir One Shot: One Against All

ShenzK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

Hey everyone! *Let's get done with the introduction, 'cause I am bad at it* I am Shenz and I usually pen random thoughts and write ups. Crazy, random stuff is what I usually jot down. You might witness what exactly I mean by that over a period of time. Hopefully. *Or not*. 

-

Mishti frustratedly plopped onto the bed after having paced to and fro in the room. Nothing. Absolutely nothing helped to calm her nerves. The silence of the night was a contrast opposite of how she felt within. It was a havoc. And the reason simply had to be Abir. 

'Mr. Ajeeb Rajvansh,' she cursed looking down at the cell phone. His phone was still unreachable. Why did he get a cell phone in the first place, when he wasn't going to be reachable?

Abir had by mistakenly dialed her while he was trying to make Kunal understand about Shweta and her evil intentions. Realising that it was unintentionally dialled call, she was about to disconnect when she heard Kunal accuse Abir. 

She tossed her phone aside, helplessly. Her worries keeping her wide awake. Even after trying to put herself to sleep, she couldn't blink once without a single thought of Abir crossing her mind. It was barely a matter of few hours for morning. But she wouldn't be able to survive that. She was certain. 

With a firm glance to the digital watch at her bedside table, she noted the time. 'Manageable to sneak out,' she thoughtfully muttered to herself and dashed out. 

After having heard Kunal lashing out at Abir, she was nothing but tensed. Never had she expected that Kunal would lay things to Abir like he did. She was well aware of the fact that Kunal disliked her. But realising the extent of it, she was baffled. She was still clueless about what he was blaming her for. However, that wasn't something that she was bothered about. She was bothered about Abir. Because Kunal may or may not have realised how badly he had bruised Abir. But Mishti did. If at all there was anything that Abir valued the most apart from his father, then that would be his brother, Kunal. She could see it. How could Kunal not see it? 

'It would have be so disturbing for Abir,' every time the thought crossed her mind, she could sense the jab of being misinterpreted. She had been misunderstood. She knew the feeling very well.

She sent her prayers to the almighty, before jumping off the boundary walls of Rajvansh house. It was easy to sneak into the house with guards sleeping while on duty. Hoping that she didn't have to come across anyone apart from Abir. Especially, his mother or the said culprit in the name of his brother. 

She kept her hood in place, hiding her identity. With alert and watchful eyes, she scanned the place and carefully managed to reach her destination. Abir's room. 

"Abir," she whisper yelled, closing the door behind. Ready to lecture him for his carelessness with phone, she turned around to find the room empty. Confused, she walked farther. No movement being detected in the room, the washroom door stayed shut combined with silence and the lights stayed off. 

Where was he?

She looked around the dark room with the help of her phone torch. A piece of neatly folded paper kept beneath a photo frame at the desk grabbed her attention. It was Abir and Kunal in the photo, smiling happily at each other. She could faintly guess, what and for whom it was. 

A note for Kunal. 

A goodbye note for Kunal. 

She frowned. He had stated how difficult it was for him to choose between Kunal and Mishti. He couldn't hurt either one of them. He would rather hurt himself. So, instead of choosing one, he decided to pack his bags and go away for awhile, to give himself a break to think. 

Surprisingly, No mention of her otherwise. No note or message for her. It hurt her. 

She turned around when she caught the faint sound coming from the corridor outside. Before she could react, the doors cracked open and there stood the cause of this whole problem. Kunal. 

"What are you doing here?" Kunal spat at her. His disgust clearly evident. She didn't want to deal with him when she had an important task at hand already. She moved aside, ready to dash out of the house when his words caught her attention. 

"I don't believe this. How could Bhai let you visit him at this hour? I never thought he would choose you over me," he was busy accusing her blindly, least bothered to look for his brother.

As much as she didn't want to waste her time on him, she really wanted to give him a peace of her mind. "It might not matter to you but you might as well have a look at this," she handed him the note Abir had left. Kunal, however, didn't bother to look at the note. 

"He left a note for you and not for me," she explained to which he confusingly held her eyes before unfolding the piece of paper. "Clearly that states something. And if you are smart enough to crack it, you might as well stop getting insecure over nothing," she stated pointedly. She was beyond pissed. Abir just left without even informing her and that was all because of his brother. 

"Now if you'd excuse me," she spat through gritted teeth. He was rooted and didn't react. Shaking her head, disbelievingly, she marched forward as she spoke with determination, "I have to go find my friend."

As if she was reminded of something, she turned back looking squarely at Kunal. "Also, please let your ex girlfriend know that next time she tries a trick on Abir, I would personally ensure that she visits worse time than hell on Earth." Her words were laced with a clear warning. She had an intuition that Shweta had caused the stir. There was no way, she did all of the drama to get nothing out of it. 

He looked confused and outright wronged, "What does Shweta have anything to do with this? It's all your fault." She rolled her eyes at his statement. 

"Why do I even waste my time on you?" She huffed in annoyance. "Just pass on the message to your ex. And yeah, She might as well pray that I find Abir soon and unscathed. Or else there might be no next time for her," her words were evil but equally protective. It was a side to her, Kunal hadn't witnessed. Before he could say anything else, she had rushed out in search of Abir. 

He looked down at the note in his hand and re-read the words etched by his brother. His eyes zeroed down on the last two words:

Goodbye, Nanko! 

The sun took over but Mishti still seemed to be struggling with the dark. She paddled on her bike to the riverside, his hide out place after having checked the NGO. She rang up at home and informed of having gone for an early morning bike ride. 

He sat on the ground next to the logs arranged for the camp fire, while his eyes wandered at a far away distance, aimlessly staring. His knees folded and bunched near his chest, while his arms encircled around his knees. She sighed, relieved to have found him. Though she didn't know if he was doing okay. 

She walked upto him and sat right besides him. Cautiously, she placed her palm onto his forearm and whispered, "Abir!"

He looked up, unbelievably, "Mishti?" His eyes pierced hers under scrutiny at first and then with doubt. As realisation sunk in, his glossy eyes met hers in a brave attempt, yet she could see past his pretence. The broken pieces of his heart, broke hers into a million more. 

"I am sorry." She apologized because she felt responsible. Because she couldn't fend him like he did. Her apology pricked his heart. He did not intend to hurt her but he ended up doing so. Unable to bear the thought he flung his arms around her, engulfing her into his arms. She wrapped her arms around him, soothingly. Comforting him with silence and an assurance that she would always be by his side. 

-

Even though the upcoming plot is quite different, I still wanted to share this one. Because, honestly, I am done with Kunal behaving unnecessarily rude with Mishti. It's high time, he is told to shut up. 

I know and I still feel the ending could have been better, but anyways. I didn't want them to confess yet. Or even for that matter, Mishti to realise yet. 

PS- couldn't think of a better title at this hour of the morning. Like literally 3am. 

-

More on MishBir: 

MishBir One Shot: It's Positive

MishBir One Shot: Comforting Silences

Edited by ShenzK - 4 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

coolove thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

That was really lovely 

Please write more 

Thank you for this 

tigress.meenu thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Beautiful. Please write more. It was very soothing to read. Kunal has to realize that world is not revolving around him and come out of his self victimization phase.

Samyuktha123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Nicely written. Do write more.

Aanchal15 thumbnail

Well penned ... would love to read more 😊

RamAayeHain thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Beaitiful post 

Really loved it 

F.R.I.E.N.D thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ShenzK

Hey everyone! *Let's get done with the introduction, 'cause I am bad at it* I am Shenz and I usually pen random thoughts and write ups. Crazy, random stuff is what I usually jot down. You might witness what exactly I mean by that over a period of time. Hopefully. *Or not*. 

-

Mishti frustratedly plopped onto the bed after having paced to and fro in the room. Nothing. Absolutely nothing helped to calm her nerves. The silence of the night was a contrast opposite of how she felt within. It was a havoc. And the reason simply had to be Abir. 

'Mr. Ajeeb Rajvansh,' she cursed looking down at the cell phone. His phone was still unreachable. Why did he get a cell phone in the first place, when he wasn't going to be reachable?

Abir had by mistakenly dialed her while he was trying to make Kunal understand about Shweta and her evil intentions. Realising that it was unintentionally dialled call, she was about to disconnect when she heard Kunal accuse Abir. 

She tossed her phone aside, helplessly. Her worries keeping her wide awake. Even after trying to put herself to sleep, she couldn't blink once without a single thought of Abir crossing her mind. It was barely a matter of few hours for morning. But she wouldn't be able to survive that. She was certain. 

With a firm glance to the digital watch at her bedside table, she noted the time. 'Manageable to sneak out,' she thoughtfully muttered to herself and dashed out. 

After having heard Kunal lashing out at Abir, she was nothing but tensed. Never had she expected that Kunal would lay things to Abir like he did. She was well aware of the fact that Kunal disliked her. But realising the extent of it, she was baffled. She was still clueless about what he was blaming her for. However, that wasn't something that she was bothered about. She was bothered about Abir. Because Kunal may or may not have realised how badly he had bruised Abir. But Mishti did. If at all there was anything that Abir valued the most apart from his father, then that would be his brother, Kunal. She could see it. How could Kunal not see it? 

'It would have be so disturbing for Abir,' every time the thought crossed her mind, she could sense the jab of being misinterpreted. She had been misunderstood. She knew the feeling very well.

She sent her prayers to the almighty, before jumping off the boundary walls of Rajvansh house. It was easy to sneak into the house with guards sleeping while on duty. Hoping that she didn't have to come across anyone apart from Abir. Especially, his mother or the said culprit in the name of his brother. 

She kept her hood in place, hiding her identity. With alert and watchful eyes, she scanned the place and carefully managed to reach her destination. Abir's room. 

"Abir," she whisper yelled, closing the door behind. Ready to lecture him for his carelessness with phone, she turned around to find the room empty. Confused, she walked farther. No movement being detected in the room, the washroom door stayed shut combined with silence and the lights stayed off. 

Where was he?

She looked around the dark room with the help of her phone torch. A piece of neatly folded paper kept beneath a photo frame at the desk grabbed her attention. It was Abir and Kunal in the photo, smiling happily at each other. She could faintly guess, what and for whom it was. 

A note for Kunal. 

A goodbye note for Kunal. 

She frowned. He had stated how difficult it was for him to choose between Kunal and Mishti. He couldn't hurt either one of them. He would rather hurt himself. So, instead of choosing one, he decided to pack his bags and go away for awhile, to give himself a break to think. 

Surprisingly, No mention of her otherwise. No note or message for her. It hurt her. 

She turned around when she caught the faint sound coming from the corridor outside. Before she could react, the doors cracked open and there stood the cause of this whole problem. Kunal. 

"What are you doing here?" Kunal spat at her. His disgust clearly evident. She didn't want to deal with him when she had an important task at hand already. She moved aside, ready to dash out of the house when his words caught her attention. 

"I don't believe this. How could Bhai let you visit him at this hour? I never thought he would choose you over me," he was busy accusing her blindly, least bothered to look for his brother.

As much as she didn't want to waste her time on him, she really wanted to give him a peace of her mind. "It might not matter to you but you might as well have a look at this," she handed him the note Abir had left. Kunal, however, didn't bother to look at the note. 

"He left a note for you and not for me," she explained to which he confusingly held her eyes before unfolding the piece of paper. "Clearly that states something. And if you are smart enough to crack it, you might as well stop getting insecure over nothing," she stated pointedly. She was beyond pissed. Abir just left without even informing her and that was all because of his brother. 

"Now if you'd excuse me," she spat through gritted teeth. He was rooted and didn't react. Shaking her head, disbelievingly, she marched forward as she spoke with determination, "I have to go find my friend."

As if she was reminded of something, she turned back looking squarely at Kunal. "Also, please let your ex girlfriend know that next time she tries a trick on Abir, I would personally ensure that she visits worse time than hell on Earth." Her words were laced with a clear warning. She had an intuition that Shweta had caused the stir. There was no way, she did all of the drama to get nothing out of it. 

He looked confused and outright wronged, "What does Shweta have anything to do with this? It's all your fault." She rolled her eyes at his statement. 

"Why do I even waste my time on you?" She huffed in annoyance. "Just pass on the message to your ex. And yeah, She might as well pray that I find Abir soon and unscathed. Or else there might be no next time for her," her words were evil but equally protective. It was a side to her, Kunal hadn't witnessed. Before he could say anything else, she had rushed out in search of Abir. 

He looked down at the note in his hand and re-read the words etched by his brother. His eyes zeroed down on the last two words:

Goodbye, Nanko! 

The sun took over but Mishti still seemed to be struggling with the dark. She paddled on her bike to the riverside, his hide out place after having checked the NGO. She rang up at home and informed of having gone for an early morning bike ride. 

He sat on the ground next to the logs arranged for the camp fire, while his eyes wandered at a far away distance, aimlessly staring. His knees folded and bunched near his chest, while his arms encircled around his knees. She sighed, relieved to have found him. Though she didn't know if he was doing okay. 

She walked upto him and sat right besides him. Cautiously, she placed her palm onto his forearm and whispered, "Abir!"

He looked up, unbelievably, "Mishti?" His eyes pierced hers under scrutiny at first and then with doubt. As realisation sunk in, his glossy eyes met hers in a brave attempt, yet she could see past his pretence. The broken pieces of his heart, broke hers into a million more. 

"I am sorry." She apologized because she felt responsible. Because she couldn't fend him like he did. Her apology pricked his heart. He did not intend to hurt her but he ended up doing so. Unable to bear the thought he flung his arms around her, engulfing her into his arms. She wrapped her arms around him, soothingly. Comforting him with silence and an assurance that she would always be by his side. 

-

Even though the upcoming plot is quite different, I still wanted to share this one. Because, honestly, I am done with Kunal behaving unnecessarily rude with Mishti. It's high time, he is told to shut up. 

I know and I still feel the ending could have been better, but anyways. I didn't want them to confess yet. Or even for that matter, Mishti to realise yet. 

PS- couldn't think of a better title at this hour of the morning. Like literally 3am. 

Nice one 👏👏

I wanted to know what was in the letter though :)

Itsflora thumbnail

Lovely os..

Hi 5 on the misti not realising soon point..Nice to find someone who also want this journey to be slow and steady.     

ShenzK thumbnail

Originally posted by: coolove

That was really lovely 

Please write more 

Thank you for this 

Thank you! I might. I just need to think of a way to breakthrough the set characterization. I might not always have Mishti and Abir as portrayed in the show, or for that matter any other character. 

ShenzK thumbnail

Thank you!